Morgan Adams Concours d'Elegance | FerrariChat

Morgan Adams Concours d'Elegance

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by mccprivate, Jul 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    #1 mccprivate, Jul 25, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey Gang-

It is that time again for the Morgan Adams Concours d'Elegance, benefiting childhood cancer research. The event has grown and we are now in two hangars at Centennial Airport. This year, we created a Sports Car Corral next to the business jets, so all vintage/exotics are welcome to join us. The ramp is getting full, so call or email early. The display fee is $100 and includes two tickets to the event. Also, join us for the road tour in the morning w/ Johnny Ferrari and "Everybody Loves Roland".

Brett

Morgan Adams Concours d'Elegance

The Morgan Adams Concours d’Elegance brings together some of the finest automobiles and aircraft in the Rocky Mountain Region for an evening of viewing. The list of attractions at this event boasts one-of-a kind vintage vehicles, one-off-assembly automobiles as well as custom private jets and extraordinary vintage aircraft. Last year, the event displayed a Mercedes-Benz 300SL "Alloy" Gullwing (1 of 29 in the world) and a British Spitfire, P-51D Mustang, British Fairey Firefly and Mig-17.

The event also features a Road Tour, during which the first 50 cars registered kick off the event festivities with a drive through the scenic foothills of the Front Range Rocky Mountains. The evening’s activities include the static display as well as a fly-over by guest aircraft and brief presentation by top pediatric cancer researchers and a live and silent auction. Live entertainment as well as food and beverages from the area’s best restaurants are provided.

The Morgan Adams Concours d’Elegance appeals to a wide range of enthusiasts and has historically sold out – therefore event attendance is by-reservation only. Our guests generally include members of various Rocky Mountain automotive clubs, private jet owners, and automobile and aircraft aficionados and community philanthropists and the proceeds from this event are dedicated to children’s cancer research.

The 2005 event will take place on August 27th at Centennial Airport. Further information can be obtained by emailing [email protected] or by calling at (303) 698-7818.

www.morganadamsconcours.org
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Brett, you can count on us and te Northern gang. I'll forward yor message to the boys and arrange a rendez vous to go down all together.
    I bet that many will be happy to help such a good cause.
    Timphy and Alan are already in.
    Roland
    F40LM

3. Detailers Paradise

Detailers Paradise Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Drat, we will be in Aspen with CECA.

4. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Aspen should be a fun time as well. They put a great event on with CECA, which happens to be the same weekend. If you are not headed up the hill, come out to the airport.

Brett

5. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    Ah Brett.... I cannot believe that it has been a year already. I am excited to join you again and look forward to the morning tour. If you find interested bidders, we can do a ride at PPIR in October again. I am sure that Roland would concur as well.

But... please remind them that this car is a very tight fit, to say the least. I think one of my passengers - as you well know - was not too happy with the accommodations I had to offer last time.

Johnny

6. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Special Automobiles

Packard "Dietrich", Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder, Bugatti Type 35C, Duesenberg, Supercharged Auburn Boattail Speedster, Cord convertible, Shelby Cobra, Allard, supercars and much more.

Special Aircraft

Three P-51D Mustangs, British Fairey Firefly, British Spitfire, B-25 bomber, Mig-17, L-39s, Red Barron tri-plane, global business jets and much more.

The collection is closed as of today, but still have room on the road tour. You are welcome to sign up...several Ferrari automobiles joining us. Call (303) 698-7818 to request the form.

7. paragonmotorcars

Jun 27, 2005
    We will be there.

8. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    Hey Johnny Ferrari, we were at PPIR in July, we saw you pull into the paddock on Sunday and leave shortly thereafter, anything going on with the car?

9. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005
    sounds like alot of fun!!!!
    Hopefully bring my Brand new "Copperhead" Viper!!

[​IMG]

10. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder

11. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Beautiful Viper! I can only imagine the horsepower/torque. You are welcome to join the rest of the guys on the tour.

Brett

12. No Mercy

No Mercy Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Lone Tree, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
    OOOH!! Can I come too.

13. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005

14. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder

15. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    haha They were just jealous cause there cars didnt look nor perform like yours :)

16. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    You bet ! They replaced the Enzo and the LM by F 150 ??? We were doing charity laps when they ( Ford) told us to get out !!
    The bleacher were empty right after we pulled out, no one to watch the F150 ??? Wonder why ?
    So far, it looks that I'm in with invitation. Wait and see
    Roland
    F40LM

17. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    There was a Enzo there? Wow, F-150 now that is a track car!hahaha I wonder how fast the LM will go?

18. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005

19. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    #19 Roland E Linder, Aug 10, 2005

20. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado
    #20 -AC, Aug 10, 2005
  21. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    One of the auction items at the Morgan Adams Concours d'Elegance is the "Ferrari Experience", which includes a helicopter ride in a Bell 206 Jet Ranger from Denver to PPIR and then in the F40s. (Many thanks to our good friends)

If that isn't enough, you can go up in the Denver Police Department Bell Jet Ranger like in the show COPS.

We have many great supporters and I would like to thank everyone for their kindness. This is shaping up to be our best year yet! Our special attraction this year is the last Duesenberg manufactured and sold - very significant piece of automotive history in what many will argue is one of the best automobiles ever made. Even better is the 250 GT California Spyder SWB.

Again, thank you.

Brett

22. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    Hi Frank:

Well I think I had two problems. 1) It was about 100 degrees that day and 2) the car was running exceptionally hot... way above normal. So I did 3 sessions and left - which was a big pity for my buddy Matt that drove in from the quad cities to take some rides. I guess I owe him a couple favors.

Anyway I will get the cooling thing sorted out soon. However, it sure looked like the Argo was going well.

John

23. No Mercy

No Mercy Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Lone Tree, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I'll ask again. Can I roll with you guys on the cruise??

24. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005

No mercy...... I have a Copperhead viper ("mach10" in viper club) and i will be with them..... I think you should come along!!!

25. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    No Mercy:

If you are talking about the MA Concours Road Tour, you are more than welcome to join the other guys. Feel free to email me at [email protected] or you can call (303) 698-7818. I'll be out of town until Monday and leaving again on Thurs so if you miss me, leave a message and I'll return as soon as possible.

Best wishes,

Brett