Bugatti veyron, not again! | FerrariChat

Bugatti veyron, not again!

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by alan, Jul 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    According to Englands Autocar Magazine, the Bugatti veyron is far from ready, with spy shots showing the car spinning off the track at the nurburgring, on numerous occasions, and the engine management system switching the engine off after only a couple of laps due to overheating.
    I only hope this is overexhuberant test drivers and journalists, because if true, im very dissapointed i really thought after a two year delay that the car would be as great as was humanly possible, but sadly it looks like the cynics were right.Lets hope they are not! (will post pics later)

2. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    No matter what, putting 1000 hp down to the ground on a street car is stupid. There are very few people that can drive a 1000 hp car without issue on the street. People may have the money to buy it but that does not mean they have the skill to drive it.

If test drivers keep spinning the car off a track, imagine some gold-chainer will do on the freeway.

3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Alan
    If this is true this is very sad. That VAG would even try to produce such a car is pretty wild but I wonder if it is posssible to place it into customer's hands.

4. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

I am 1/2 way their. I have a gold chain or two.

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Doesn't seem to be recent. I remember these same or similar pictures from months ago. What's the date on the story?

They are called Viper owners that bling out their cars with 1200 horses to drive up in parking lots down the street in order to give others woodies.

6. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Today July 26th 2005, and the story says the pictures were taken last week, which is a little worrying.

7. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Wow. That looks serious. Look at the angle of the spoiler in one shot. It looks like it's in air brake mode! I wonder if this is sortable or if this the end.

8. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    That car keeps less resembling a car, and more a plane.

9. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    that car is cool and all with 1000hp, but seriously fugly

10. seinfeld

seinfeld Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2004
    Diamond Bar/Cali
    Full Name:
    Gary
    #11 seinfeld, Jul 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    Agreed

12. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    the front end is the ugliest of any car i have never seen!!!!...i like the back and side profile...with 1000hp, one lapse of concentration and you are history!!!!its scary enough driving a 580hp murcielago....

13. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I agree that the prototype car has an ugly front end (as with the red car above), but i really like the production car, i think it looks great.So i hope they can sort out all the problems, with in reason considering the 1000bhp.

14. PrancingHorseFan

PrancingHorseFan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    delaware
    i also agree.

15. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I think the article was just a lot of speculation. Accidents happen in testing all of the time when you are pushing the limits.

Now, if the engineering team's notes were published, then I would pay attention.

This article is just noise. More people want this car to fail than those that want it to work.

16. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It looks like a small space shuttle ..

I want it to be released , all this delay got me curious .

17. seinfeld

seinfeld Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2004
    Diamond Bar/Cali
    Full Name:
    Gary
  18. CabooseF430

CabooseF430 Karting

Dec 18, 2004
    I really love that car i think it will be brilliant if bugatti can get it together

19. Viper 10

Viper 10 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Chang

It IS an airbrake. This is a feature I have heard about on this car. It's a little scarry looking with a spoiler going through such radical iterations like that...

Brad

20. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    does anyone know what the article actually said? just a general out line or something?

21. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Yes basically the article is outlined in my first post of this thread, The engine management system is switching off the engine due to overheating problems, and the handling appears to be very iffy (judging by the pictures)It doesnt say much more than that and no sources are given so its probably an overreactive piece of journalism.

22. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

Yup, that's all they're for. Oh, that and running 8's with an independent rear suspension and a 6 speed tranny. The turbo's on the Heffner and SVS cars are up under the wheel wheels and cannot be seen so I don't know where the bling comes from. 1,200hp is last year.

2,000 is the new hotness

www.svspower.com

Video in the middle.

23. bretm

bretm F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2001
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Bret
    1000hp was unbelievable 2 years ago, but look at this months R&T. A 1000hp Viper wins the one mile speed challenge (over an Indy car, DP, Trans Am, etc.). That Viper is what, 100G? 150G? For a million dollars, Bugatti needs to man up and throw down like 1500hp.

I can hear it now, "But that's not the point. It's a limited production vehicle for a select group of clientele." Which means, "I have totally bought into the man's consumeristic advertising and the wool is soundly over my eyes." The same mantra is constantly used on here to justify a _______ (insert recent Ferrari model) getting tooled around by a hopped up Lancer, WRX, etc. It's total crap though, because being more powerful and better handling is exactly the point. It is the most pure point in all of autodom. And it is the sole reason why Ferrari, Bugatti, Lamborghini, etc. are as famous as they are. Because at one point in time, they had the balls to throw down.

If I dropped a million dollars on a straight-line hot rod (ie, overweight Bugatti Veyron) I would be seriously pissed if someone could take an $80G car and use the stock block, heads, etc. to beat me. I would assume, for that type of money, there would be no other street engine capable of producing as much horsepower as mine without grenading itself.

24. Frozenguy

Frozenguy Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Bay Area, Califronia
    Full Name:
    Peter

true true.. BUT.. you hear of modded out imports/domestics smoking ferraris and such.. but those are 999/1000 stock ferraris or close to it.. drop money in the ferrari and watch that.. first off, second off, ferraris are built solid with quality.. most imports arn't built with great quaily.. the racy ones.. and ofcoarse, you get the name and exclusivness(sp???)

BUT.. i dont hear so much about imports beating lambos =-)