Any Fchatters interested in a one owner 55 thunderbird? No hate mail, please. | FerrariChat

Any Fchatters interested in a one owner 55 thunderbird? No hate mail, please.

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Zanny1, Jul 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have recently inherited a one owner 1955 Ford Thunderbird from my late father. I can remember when he drove it home in 1955, and his daily use until 1970 when it was retired as a weekend car. Much as I would like to get into this car for sentimental reasons, it just isn´t going to work out. The car runs and looks great, and deserves the attention of a Tbird fanatic. If you, or anyone you know is interested, PM me please. Ferrari trades are, of course, welcome.

2. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What is the condition, miles, asking price?

3. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Condition: original (that means unrestored with old paint, old chrome etc).
    Mechanics are excellent. Engine, trans and OD rebuilt in 1970 with little use since. New SS exhaust. Mostly original with added air conditioning, instrument package, 12 volt electrics, three point seatbelts. Still has bias ply WW tires purchased in 1968. Original sales receipt, all registations since new (California). No rust, no wrecks. Stock motor with dress up kit. 3 speed and OD. Factory owner´s book, parts books, workshop manual. Power seat option. One top only. Needs paint and rechroming of interior trim, bumpers. Needs seats recovered but have replacement kit. Approximately 120k miles. Is NOT a showcar but could be. At least you know exactly what you are getting. Will trade up for 348 or BB, or sell outright for $30K.

4. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
  5. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Needs paint? Why do you say that? (that means, send me pics to sunny_garofalo at hotmail)

Maybe I could do something for it (detailing wise)?

Sunny