Sack Rubens ... just pathetic at Hungary | FerrariChat

Sack Rubens ... just pathetic at Hungary

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by PSk, Jul 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    As usual RB just let the team down. I cannot believe his driving this year, even worse than last year.

I guess he is getting lots of money and will be able to retire wealthy and talk about how he once raced (debateable) a Ferrari F1 car.

Roll on Turkey.

Pete :D

2. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    Well I wouldnt say that...
    Rubens is been always loyal with Ferrari..he just chosing the wrong set up like in Germany...
    They all this year dont look good...The whole package is suffering at the moment...
    Is not him alone...You cant blame everything on one person.

3. colo348

colo348 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Your information on the 2004 season is wrong. Rubens 2004 record was 114 point and second to MS. However, I agree he's been pretty weak this year, but he's been on the Podium 4 times, which is more than MS. I guess using your logic Ferrari should sack MS?

4. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Guys it a joke :D ... regarding everybody getting upset about spoiling GP results, hence my reference to Hungary. Which I bet will be a pretty accurate prediction.

And regarding RB's performance last year ... there were only 2 cars racing, thus ofcourse RB did well (he was sitting in the only other good car).

Put RB in a not so good car (like this year) and his true lack of talent shines through brightly.

Pete

5. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Pete... you crack the joke an people get upset at me!
    STOP!

:)

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I think they need to lighten up ... but I do understand how annoying finding out the result of a race is BEFORE seeing it, but gee RB was never going to win it (the Ferrari team would not let him :D :D).

Pete

7. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Who knows at this point Ferrari will take a win of any kind even if all 9 other teams dont race in Hungary. :D

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Too funny Rob ...

... pissing myself here with images of RB racing by himself and the closer he gets to the chequed flag the more his lines become irregular as the mental demons try again to take the win away.

Lap times are growing frantically and Todt is looking very stressed and talking down the mic.

It all becomes too much and RB spins into the barriers 2 corners from the finish ... he just couldn't do it ;)

Pete :D :D :D
    MS retired on the second lap with a rare mechanical failure ... ;)

9. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Pete,
    Don't want to get technical with you but according to the rules if Rubens was the last racer out of all 20 racers to retire then he would WIN the race.

Infact say on lap 1 if all 9 teams retired and Ferrari was the only team on the track...

It would be a Ferrari 1 - 2!

Ross Brawn would ask Rubens and MS to pit on lap 2 and retire.
    This would conserve the engine for the next race ;)

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Thanks for the information on the rules ... did not know that.

Still think my story is funnier :)
    Pete

11. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Sure its funny but given the F1 rules and standard operation procedures at Ferrari, highly unlikely!

Ross Brawn was asked a similar question a few years ago by reporter who also thought he was being funny. Ross Brawn said something to the extent that if it was just two Ferraris left running in the race, they would be asked to pit so that the drivers could conserve energy and still stand on the top 2 positions on the podium. There was dead silence in the press room after that.

This is why I will always support Ferrari. If on the last lap of the race the technical director comes on the radio and tells both drivers to stop... both the racers WILL stop. They do not need to be given a reason. Even if they both were leading the race 1 - 2! Even if winning the race meant that they will be world champions again. I will guarantee that the set protocol will be followed. Both drivers WILL trust and obey the judgement of the technical director.

Radical ideas do not dominate F1! Discipline and structure dominate F1!

Discipline and structure keep a team racing in F1 for as long as Ferrari!

Radical teams come and go! They may win a couple of championships but then they fade away!

Disciplined and structired teams stand the test of time!

12. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
  13. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
  14. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
  15. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    :D
    Poor Rubens!

16. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Pete,

Just one question where did you get you crystal ball at?? It seems to be quite accurate :D

Rob

17. azbobbybooshay10

Jun 4, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Bobby Patricca
    I was thinking the same thing. 10th place isn't very good. Although he did have to suffer from changing the front wing with the damage from turn 1. Alonso also had to stop after lap 1, and finished behind Rubens. Turn 1 kinda screwed both RB and FA's days.

18. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    A while back, someone pointed out the different mirrors on RB's and MS's cars.

We've now heard that MS uses the periscope mirrors to watch his tires go off.

Has it occurred to anyone that if you were Ferrari, you'd want to be sure that at least one of your cars made it to the finish?

Michael is running soft tires that are fast for half the race and have to be nursed home, while apparently Rubens is running a harder compound that will go the distance, but isn't fast at all.

Too much so. Rubens has been out of the points, which doesn't do the team any good. But while Brickstone is trying to get Michael's tires to the end of the race, they might not have the resources to simultaneously develop a quicker version of the harder tire. At least, not with only one significant team on Bstones. Money versus advertising return.

But that's also poor math, even if it's typical corporate accounting: Ferrari isn't very far off -- if they put the resources into getting the tires better, moving those red "B" marks up the scoreboard's field of blue has a large potential return ... especially after Michelunk's fiasco at Indy.

On the other hand, when the driver known for being able to race on dry tires in the rain can't do better than this, it's likely not all the tires. Both MS and RB are having to push the F2005 beyond it's limitations.

19. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Ah thats why! Not a bad idea.

20. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Seriously........after today's race....he should be gone.

21. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Thanks PSk for being an asswipe once again.

22. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Will you 2 kiss and make up already..

23. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Mate ... have a look at the DATE of my original post, it was BEFORE the Hundarian GP even started ;). NO SPOILER :D

DGS,

Yeah maybe but what let RB down was his ability with the brake pedal NOT his car.

First he could not stop in the first corner and hit a Toyota and may have actually then bounced into another car and caused Klien's roll over. Concrats RB for making the first corner interesting ;)

Later in the race he nearly crashed into the back of a Jordan ... again brakes.

His performance was POOR because of himself ... nobody else to blame!

He's a nice guy and all, but no talent as a racing driver ... and yet again very obvious when the car is not head and shoulders above the rest of the field.
    Pete

24. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,the Speedchannel commentators did mention something about Rubens possibly leaving after this year. They didn't say whether it was his idea or Ferrari's,though....But,if he did,then they should put Ralf in the #2 Car.... Then,you'd not just have Ferrari racing everyone else. But,Ralf Vs. Michael.... Would make for some great Racing....:)

25. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Purely speculation on everything right now - Varsha also commented about DC going to Ferrari - well, yeah he'll be in a Ferrari - Red Bull Ferrari (aka Ferrari-Light!) - reference my post in other thread regarding comment from Christian Horner re DC. Okay so Sato's long time partner is great with child due in December is that the reason for his sloughing off in F1??? (saw that on an F1 site)? This is the time of the "F1 Vacation" when the rumor mill goes crazy. Perhaps the reporters find themselves in a state of boredom and as a result bingo . . . the rumor mill goes into full swing.

Carol