Lime Rock Park July 29/30 pics and video | FerrariChat

Lime Rock Park July 29/30 pics and video

Discussion in 'New England' started by enjoythemusic, Aug 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #1 enjoythemusic, Aug 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Everyone,

Had a GREAT weekend with FCA and was impressed by the sheer amount of track time allotted to my group (about ten 20 minute sessions). Virtually all drivers were gentleman and gave point-bys for the faster drivers (read: not necessarily faster cars). Sure the 'lowly' 308GTS QV here was passed a few times, though adding it up i passed more cars including a 360, a 355, a Porsche, etc. The 360 owner is a great guy and i kinda felt bad passing him as his car is LEAGUES better. Oh well. Anyway, it seems everyone had a great time and i look forward to WG...

Alas, there was no Enzo and the guy with the F40 was holding everyone else up as a train nearly always formed behind him during every session he ran(!). WTF is up with THAT??? Anyway, enjoy the pics and video. Have another great video of going down the straight and through Big Bend to noname., but the file is too big to upload here :(

The video is of me passing the Porsche as i had more momentum after the downhill and drove away at about 120mph and accelerating down the main straight.

DAMN, Rob does not allow wmv files???????????

ROB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADDED: Uploaded the two files but i have LIMITED BANDWIDTH on this server. Feel free to save the file and upload it elsewhere. Please do not link to this file and i will watch the bandwidth and take the files down if things get excessive. Thanks for your understanding my friends.

www.ispexperts.com/limerockbigbend.wmv

www.ispexperts.com/limerockstraight.wmv
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. samsong

samsong Rookie

Jun 8, 2005
    Los Angeles area
    Full Name:
    G-man
    Awesome...thanks for sharing. Good to see the cars get put to good use.

3. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Many thanks. Yes indeed she seemed to really enjoy the 'prancing' around the track. The car is really running great now after a few track days. Guess all the fluid is happy and no carbon on the heads :)

It was also FINALLY time to see if all the $,$$$ (to perhaps $$,$$$) for the custom suspension (Nick Forza), Brembo/Girodisc brakes, etc were up to snuff. Amazing how i could out brake other cars (late braking) and ride their tail on the twisty bits. Alas, at the front straight i REALLY had to have momentum going from the downhill onward to stand a chance at properly passing without holding someone up too much :(

The 308GTS QV could use more HP/TQ and that IS NOT cheap :(

(Said in good humor) Of course it could also use a better 'nut behind the wheel' ;)