barrichello | FerrariChat

barrichello

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by stevep, Aug 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    Ferrari confirm Barrichello exit

Barrichello tired of support role
    Profile: Rubens Barrichello
    Ferrari have confirmed that Rubens Barrichello will leave the team at the end of the Formula One season.
    Barrichello's place as number two driver to Michael Schumacher will be taken by fellow Brazilian Felipe Massa, the 24-year-old currently with Sauber.

Ferrari have taken up a renewable option on Massa, who tested for the team in 2003, that dates back to 2001.

Reports suggest Barrichello, who won nine Grands Prix in five years with Ferrari, has signed a deal with BAR.

The Brazilian was contracted to the Italian team, who he helped win five consecutive constructors' championships after joining them in 2000, until the end of the 2006 season.

But he is believed to be unhappy with his continued status as number two to Schumacher.

The 33-year-old may become a replacement or team-mate for Jenson Button at BAR.

Button is hoping to stay on at BAR after changing his mind about a return to Williams.

Barrichello is right in leaving Ferrari, but I don't rate Massa at all

From Bibobibi
    Have your say on Five Live
    The Englishman is attempting to free himself from a contract with Williams for next season, and if he succeeds it is thought Barrichello would replace Takuma Sato and become Button's team-mate.

Barrichello, who famously slowed down during the Austrian Grand Prix in 2002 to allow Schumacher to pass and win, has voiced his anger at incidents with his team-mate at Monaco and Indianapolis this year.

"Michael and I have had two, three or four situations of this kind," said Barrichello.

"I have always had to think in two ways: to think of what I should do for him and what I should do for the team.

"In future I will consider him not as a team-mate but a driver like any other."

Massa has long been linked with a move to Ferrari, but many question whether he is worthy of the drive.

Massa is managed by Nicolas Todt, the son of Ferrari boss Jean Todt.

Massa denied after the Hungarian Grand Prix that a deal was already done, but admitted he would love the Ferrari drive.

"Every driver would like to drive for Ferrari and if I have this possibility it would be fantastic," he said.

2. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Well that leaves a place for Jack veilnerve then, put the guy in a good car and standby. I would like to see him in a ferrari:D

3. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    With a number 27 on the car?!?!?!?

4. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Was that 27 number his dads? You know i liked the guy when he came straight from Indy cars and was full of fight and would dare to do the moves that the other F1 drivers would not. In fact did he not come runner up in his first season, and won the championship in his second? I was also a great Eddie Ervine fan and was wishing him to win the championship in 1999? when shuey was out of the game after a crash. But Eddie only just lost out, shame.
    Love Eddies life style as well:D

5. R33

R33 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    Kent,UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Creed
    Given the cars and the support, both Rubens and Eddie could have and would have both won races and possibly championships.

6. G7RYE

G7RYE Karting

Apr 26, 2005
    Ackworth
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I'd love to see a 3 car F-Team with Schuey, Alonso and Riakonnen who are undoubtably the real talents in F1

7. Wish

Wish Karting

May 21, 2005
    Kent
    Rubans has stood buy for far too long. He like a loyal old dog.

I hope he hasnt left it too late to start winning the championship.

8. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Wasn't Valentino Rossi meant to be contemplating F1?
    Looks like he has a free seat now :D

9. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem

10. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Yeah, I'm sure it was 27.

I'm still waiting for Piquet Jnr and Rosberg Jnr to enter the fray.......

11. rubystone

rubystone Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Earth
    Insert the words "and without Schumacher" before your first comma and you'd be a bit nearer the truth. Both won races and finished runner up in the championship, as well as trousering vast amounts of cash so don't feel too sorry for them!!!

Massa's just keeping Rossi's seat warm for 2008 - dream team then - Alonso and Rossi!