360 With 3 Pdeals | FerrariChat

360 With 3 Pdeals

Discussion in '360/430' started by SkizoACE, Aug 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Yes, a 360 Modena with a manual tranny. I drove one, and let me tell you F-1 tranny drivers, you are missing out. The feel of that car with a 6 speed manny is crazy. It feels and drives so much better. Just felt like sharing that little piece of info. So to all with a manual tranny, hats off to ya.

2. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Thanks, and I agree. Even ordered the 430 with 3 pedals.

Gary

3. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    the stick is fun to drive with the click you get from the h gate but now i have a CS with paddles i will never order an f car with the stick.

rock on

4. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I go for the paddles also.

5. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    That's my intention also. That said, if I thought it would spend a lot of time on the track, I'd prolly opt for F1.

6. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Yeah, but nobody ever tracks their cars these days...

My dad also drove it and hes thinkin about selling his Gallardo for a 430 with a manny. That would be awesome.

7. Execproducer

Execproducer Karting

Oct 4, 2004
    South OC
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I agree -- the 6-speed is the way to go. I test drove a Maserati Spyder with paddle shifting the other day (same engine, though less horsepower, than 430 Ferrari). I felt much less connected with the car than my 360 Modena with manual transmission. Nothing like putting the shifter through the Ferrari gates.

8. Bill Oxley

Bill Oxley Karting

Feb 23, 2005
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bill Oxley
    this often debated items has shown up here many times on the forum.

Im my humble opinion, I like the lastest technology. The manual tranny is not it.

However, there is a learning curve. I've had both, and my first experiences with the F1 were a little nerveracking at best.

I've had my 360 since Feb., and it certainly took some getting used to, but once you do, imho, there's no other way to go.

With some "hands on" time, you can drive it smoother than the 6 spd, and you can be totally involved in the driving experience, and, as F1 owners know, there is no way any human can up and down shift like this tranny.

Just my opinion, but a modern F car with old technologhy just doesn't make much sense.

But, after all that being said, I still love 'em all!!!!!

9. Modena Scotland

Modena Scotland Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    Scotland, UK
    Full Name:
    Mass
    No doubt F1 will be quicker on technical tracks due to better controllability. However, I still prefer to shift with clutch as this involves more drivers' skill. I only hope Ferrari will continue making manual cars in the future.

By the way, I track my car at every opportunity. After all I bought the car to drive.

10. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004

11. sexylara

sexylara Rookie

Aug 3, 2005
  12. sexylara

sexylara Rookie

Aug 3, 2005
    Hello everybody!!!
    M yfavourite car is Ferrari Modena!!! Who has got a car like this pls write bc I want to talk about it! Thanx Kisses

13. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i agree with you gary...i drove a friends 360 f1 extensively before buying my spider....it was cool at first and certainly quicker shifting, but after a while on public roads i became a little bored..so i went for the 6 speed, which was more involving for me ..i already had an auto for my everyday car the 6 speed is a nice constrast for me...the f1 tranny was like playing a video game..very cool and fast but not as involving and it takes more coordination to get it right..on the track , you have to go f1 for best results....i dont use my ferrari on the track, its too expensive for that!!!!!

14. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I plan to run my 430 on the track some (due about 8/15.) However, I find track driving more involving, more fun and much more challenging with 3 pedals, so my 430 has 3 pedals. The idea you have to paddles for track driving is as nuts as saying you have to have a coupe.

Dave

15. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    I plan on getting a 360CH for track work, and a three pedal F355 for road driving. Best of both world IMO. Paddles are great on the track, three pedals fun to muck around with on the road.

16. Modena Scotland

Modena Scotland Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    Scotland, UK
    Full Name:
    Mass
    If you can afford or more importantly your wife allows you to keep two Ferraris, having both would be fantastic. I belive the MT is better on 355 than 360 so I agree with your choice.

17. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    I guess I'll find in two weeks time. The local dealer told me today that I'll be able to test drive a manual and F1 style 360, as well as a 550. Once I know which type suits me best, the next step is to just find the right car for me =)