308 cooling fan QV fanblades ? | FerrariChat

308 cooling fan QV fanblades ?

Discussion in '308/328' started by thecarreaper, Jul 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    ummmm. i need to replace both of my cooling fan fanblade assemblies on the GTB the part number is 110916. i am trying to figure out if there is a cross reference with any other cars fans . this is the improved QV fanblade, 4 blade assembly. i am thinking this may be an Alfa part. while i am looking i figured i would post a thread as others may have already done this.

my Fiamm airhorns ended up in my fans. :( my motors are fine, but i will be stuck driving the Dino around until the GTB's fans are replaced! :)

note:i dont want to put the aftermarket Hayden fans on either car.

2. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    fans say "SPARCO" on them must be older fans with QV blades? i know Lucas fans were on the early cars, then Sparco's were used later.

3. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i emailed the guy on ferrariads with the fans before the crash. he said he had them and i have not heard back from him (yet) with his contact info. if anyone has the Sparco fan blades or a set of used QV or "stock" cooling fans let me know. i am trying to figure out where else the Sparco fans were used. :)

4. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    SPAL....... dammit its "Spal fans" too much work, too much caffine this week....... geeze :)

5. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    #5 thecarreaper, Aug 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    thanks go to T Rutlands for all thier help. they had 2 used cooling fan blades. i am also buying a used set of fans for another project for later from a Fchatter.

while i had the front end apart, i cleaned everything and purchased the hallowed foam from Home Depot and installed it on top of and on both sides of the radiator where its been missing for some time. i do know the foam is supposed to go on the bonnet, nothing i tried would get the old glue off the bonnet and i could not get the foam to stick. blue tape was a temp measure to get the glue to hold with the bonnet down.

green shims and Clecos are to glue that damn spare tire jacket thingy down, it keeps peeling up. also moved the air horn so they wont fall into the fans.

on my drive yesterday, the car ran MUCH cooler. the foam really helps.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. chrismorse

chrismorse Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    way north california
    Full Name:
    chris morse
    Michael,

check with spasso, he has a great write up of the foam escapade for 308's. Very helpfull guy.

No doubt the ho sled runs very cool.

be cool dude,
    chris