82 on my social psych test, wooohoo | FerrariChat

82 on my social psych test, wooohoo

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ryan S., Aug 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Now some might not think thats very special, but considering i didnt prepare as much as i should of for this test, im pretty darn happy. This test really gave me that little kick in the bum i needed to make sure i do good in this class and others. Luckly, my grade is calculated by a total points system(800-900 pts = A, 700-800 = B, etc., so i can still be a perfectionist and get an A lol.

2. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Is that a sociology class for a psych class? I wouldnt worry about it. My lowest grade in college was the B i got in sociolgy, but one B is no big deal. I might catch hell for saying this, but sociology shouldnt be considered a real science. Its up there with those other quack sciences ending in "ology" such as phrenology, astrology, etc.

3. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Sociology...I wish I was taking that. :)

This next quarter:

Thermo
    Fluids
    Intro to Design
    Chem
    CATIA lab...

Yeah, this quarter is going to be fun.

4. rammsteinmatt

rammsteinmatt Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Shinavar
    next quarter:
    systems engineering
    dynamics
    calc 5
    physics 3/lab
    chem/lab

gotta love them engineering majors ;)

5. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    Be thankful you didn't take a test in English grammar...

6. Noelani

Noelani Formula Junior

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    R
    My schedule for the next year is nothing but Spanish three hours a day, five days a week....

in sunny spain.

7. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Nice schedule, where do you go?

I should have added some labs in as well.....my design and chem class also have a lab...so a total of 3 labs. :)

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Scientology!

9. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Hopefuly you will have a good professor for Fluids. I did, and i really liked that class even though it was tough. If you like thermo, you will probably like fluids. I personally liked thermo II (delt more with practical applications of the otto, diesel, rankine, brayton and combined cycles) than thermo 1. it was easier too. All in all, I find the thermal fluids sciecnes far more exicting than solid mechanics and dynamics.

10. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne

I think I will like this quarter a lot actually......I just think it will be hard at the same time.

Heat and work problems in Physics & Chem were always pretty easy...I guess that bodes well.

11. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Quarter system? where do you go again?
    The trick to thermo and fluids are assumptions. All problems require a ton of them. The questions are tricky, but sometimes they are so hard because they are so simple yet others are so hard because they are just hard. Its elegant almost. With a lot of classes i dont know if i liked the class because I got an A, or if i got an I because i liked the class. With fluids and both thermo classes i took, it was the latter. I think its really interesting stuff. Do you know what textbook you are using for fluids? I ask because theres a new one that i thumbed through last year that looked really good, and i think its out now.