Looking for a list of changes between model years for 360 | FerrariChat

Looking for a list of changes between model years for 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by Shinigami, Aug 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    Hi guys

I'm looking for a list that includes the changes between the different year models of the F360. Things such as the options, bits and pieces and so on that were released for this car during the 5 years of production.

Or if someone can write up a simple list, just for the Modena (I'm not looking for a Spider, nor do I want a CS) so that I know what stuff was available for it, and during what years.

Oh, and in your expert opinions, which model year was the best (feel free to explain why), of course, if there's been enough of a difference between the year models :)

Thanks a bunch!

2. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Try completing your own homework assignment. Do a search....This has been discussed many times.

3. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    or atleast a completed profile :)

but yes, this has been discussed more then enough times.. they all rock!!

You should also give us some more info, like is price an issue, cause you cant go wrong with a new one.

-A

4. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    as far the F1 versions I have drive:

2002 1st gear take offs are jerky and shifts are crisp, maybe too crisp.

2003 1st gear take off is better and shifts up and down are crisp. About perfect IMHO.

2005, super soft shifting all gears, up and down, slips the clutch per the program, except under heavy throttle, then it firms up nicely, downshifts are softened alot, except when down shifting under sporting style driving, seems slightly weird but its still fast and dealer says its normal for '05.

5. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    I've done searches and found bits of info here and there, but have yet to see an exhaustive list (well, I did find a pdf on another site, but you need to pay for it...). This is the reason why I asked if someone had an actual list, or if anyone knew of such list.

Also, I'm not sure, but it seems like this forum prunes old posts, thus making the search function unable to find all threads (was this due to a migration of the forum to a new standard/server or something like that? Or maybe I'm just going senile...).

During the searches, I was able to find stuff such as a comparisons between the 355 and 360, but once again it's just bits of info here and there :( I guess it will take some time to create an exhaustive list of differences between the model years, but I'll try to work harder at it. Sorry for taking up your time.

Oh, and I updated the profile. Dunno how I missed that one, I always fill the info up when I register on a new forum. My bad...

Thanks guys

6. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I don't know that anyone has compiled a clean and concise list of differences either. Let us know what you come up with.

7. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    F1 shifting characteristics can be modified by the F-tech and computer. The Transmission Control Unit, (TCU) was the same from mid '01-'04.

8. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    I think my '02 had the previous model ECU which had problems and had to be replaced.

9. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Welcome to F-Chat Shinigami! Sorry for the cold reception. I believe what my fellow chatters meant to say was, "welcome to F-Chat, you may not know it but there is a search function here that you may want to peruse first. If you don't find what you are looking for, let us know and we'd be happy to help you. You should also fill out your profile."

10. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Jerrari, Thank you for putting this in its proper perspective. We certainly wouldn't want to give any of our new non members the wrong idea. All those in favor of electing Jerrari as our spokes person raise your hand. Ah Jerrari, your hand doesn't count!

11. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    But I have trouble finding exactly what I am looking for sometimes doing a search?

I too just bought a 99 360 and would love to know the list of updates...anyone? other than the learn how to search people.

Welome to F-chat by the way

Mike

12. RedlineShifter

RedlineShifter Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    Souther California
    Full Name:
    Scott Perry
    because of the 2000 emissions changes...plus if you change / upgrade the clutch to the new bolt pattern it shifts much better / smoother, had it dont to my old 360...F430 is still better :)

13. Prancing Horse

Prancing Horse Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    I had previously posted this but it is buried in some other old thread. It is a compilation of potential 360 issues that I have gathered from F-chat and other sites. It also includes a few notes on model changes:

Issues:
    Dead batteries on early cars
    Engine bay trays
    Detached cable from outside door opener
    Gas gauge not reading full
    Condensation on headlight lens
    Prior to assembly #4076 (’99), frame problems and motor mounts
    A-arm on the front suspension-bush on early models tend to "wear out" fast and cause slight vibration
    Tranny mounts
    VIN #'s 114015 – 123399 (‘99-‘01?), cam shaft variators, left bank variators (redesigned and replaced in ‘01; blue or green dot; part covered under campaign, labor free if belt service being performed)
    Belt tensioners on specific models
    Oil leak on left bank cam seals and cam cover
    Shifter linkage pin
    Clutch pedal failures on manuals
    Bushing issue in bearing assembly for manuals
    Throw out bearing and seals (updated in ‘01 and again in ‘04) resulting in sticky clutch
    F1 software (upgrades and new system in ‘02)

Recalls:
    Starter ring gear separation from clutch assembly (3 bolts to 6)
    Brake system electronic monitoring
    Long-term reliability of the airbag sensor
    ABS electronic control unit
    Brake and clutch fluid reservoir hoses
    Engine ground strap for battery
    Oil leak in hydraulic steering delivery pipe