Black 355 at The New Auto Toy Store | FerrariChat

Black 355 at The New Auto Toy Store

Discussion in '348/355' started by THE RED MENACE, Aug 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Does anyone know the story with the black
    355 SN ZFFXR41A8X0114181? Good looking car but it seems that it has been there for years.

2. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Whatever is there, dont buy it. Check the archives on this place. Usually not so good is the outcome. Maybe just maybe though they have a few good cars slip in.

3. scorpion

scorpion Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2004
    Kentucky
    Lots of their cars have been there for years. I go to south Fl every Feb (and sometines in between) and always pass the Auto Toy Store on my way to Sheltons or Motorcar Gallery. They have the same cars in their showroom year after year - makes one wonder.

4. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I did do a search and the place seems to have a shaky reputation at best. I really like the color combo but I will definitely stay away from this particular F car.

5. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    They never advertise their prices, which irritates me to no end. I mean, either you are selling for a certain price or else you are keeping the cars for your collection...so list your price.

I called them about one 348 and told them what I wanted to pay. The salesman had the nerve to say "that'd be a good down payment and we can finance the rest."

So I said "goodbye" and that was the end of my business with them.

That sort of dealership is probably looking for first-time "ego" buyers rather than trying to build relationships that last with customers.

Life's too short for that sort of nonsense.

6. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    yeah! I have heard the same thing too, a little to cockie for me.. rather shop where they treat you right.

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    They and Bentley Long Island in a steel cage match would be a good one.

8. markymark360f1

markymark360f1 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mark
    if you look at their website, they seem like one of those auto brokers with no inventory but will source the cars.

MM

9. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    For whatever reason this caught me in the right mood and I laughed out loud and spit coke allover my screen and keyboard! Good Stuff!

10. NrvousF355

NrvousF355 Rookie

May 26, 2005
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Isidro Castillo
    I've actually seen that car. I went w/ checkbook on hand and they wanted $115k for it, I was offering $95k and they basically (nicely, but firmly) told me to go home. The car, However is *incredibly* nice, It is not black, it is some kind of charcoal w/ the ivory interior. It has a leather covered rollcage and the NICEST interior of ANY used F355 I've ever seen. No peeling, scratching on the switches, door handles, center console, NOwhere. It really looks like a new F355, If they would have let it go for $100k, I would have bought it. It was really worth it. That same day I went and bought the other one I was looking at (99 Silver/black GTB manual) for 80k. The first thing I did was drive by there and make sure I was noticed....

Isidro Castillo
    99 F355
    99 996SP
    91 MR2 Turbo

11. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I was just in the New Toy Store.

They are selling down their inventory...... they own the entire block, and are selling the land to build condos!

Every time I'm in town and heading down to Ft Laud. Beach I alway stopped by to see what's new. Sad that Condo's will soon take over the best exotic car show-room (tourist stop) in Lauderdale.

They said they will move and take-over the old Volvo lot that is now empty. (don't know where that is?)

anyway....just thougt it was some interesting news.