Summer 05 Spotted! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Summer 05 Spotted!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    Hey, I live off Hobson and Greene, I'm always in the area and have yet to see this fine specimen.....but that because I'm flying down Hobson in my blue F355 Spider.......

2. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Black F430 on Cumberland in Norridge over the weekend...
    Can't be a guy from that particular area...could it?

Thanks!
    Vince

3. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Blue F355 Spyder...Is that the same Blue Spyder that I was parked next to at the Italian gar gathering in Itasca? I don't see many in blue so I thought I would inquire..

Thanks.
    Vince

4. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I was at LFSC the other day... they had 4 F40s. Lee said there was a recall on the F40s and F50s, said there should be an influx of the F50s this week and next week.
    KEEP THOSE EYES PEELED!

5. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Red 360 spyder on Oakton in Elk Grove/Des Plaines @1:30...

Thanks.

Vince

6. SELLER

SELLER Karting

Jul 18, 2005
    Chicago
    Saw a Yellow F430 last week getting SOAKED(rain), near Lake Cook rd and Waukeegan, in a parking lot outside an office.

7. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Red 355B and beautiful blue 355 Spyder. Owners of both very nice. Red 355 guy very friendly but lookin like a former Chicago Bear. 355 gal very sweet and cute but would make most guy's understanding equal to a 4 year old's with the Tonka truck...

Had fun with Carla and Vince, very nice people and in Vince's case as nice in person as he is over the phone. Andreas, get these people involved and you will be very happy and the Chi-town FOC would have some sweet, modern and new entrants... oh yeah and two neat cars.

RocketBoy

PS: Darolls was missed. I hope you feel better and I will be calling soon.

8. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Likewise..
    It was great to meet you and your wife to be. It was also great to sit and talk Ferrari, Benz and Bulgaria!
    Carla's blue 355 was a sight to see as well. She is a very excited owner which is great to see. Skip was missed but wants to get together on a Sat. and I told him I would try to put it together.
    We need to get some more FCA/FOC guys out with us..

Thanks!
    Vince

P.S. Oh I almost forgot...SPOTTED a bad *** red 575 in front of Olivetti's...Love those sport seats!

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    DEFINITELY!!! The more,the Merrier!!! We need Skip back in action,and we need a few more "Enthusiastic" Ferrari Owners who Would like to join us on Drives and events.

10. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Huh!!

What does that mean??

Ok, the Emperor's gotta meet this girl!

11. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Saw the Wienermobile today in Wisconsin heading S on 94 towards Chicago...

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Chase it down!

I'd love to have a good picture of a Ferrari with it in the calendar. Just for kicks.

13. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    I thought about whipping out the camera, but it was going the other way. Wasn't driving the Ferrari though. Must be around here this weekend I'm thinking. Quite a sight to see moseying down I-94. Why doesn't someone make a replica of that? Now that'd be something....

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'll check and see if it's parking at the same Hotel down the street. It has been for the past 3 years....:)

15. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Bright red Gallardo on 90 going west near 59.... and

red 308 going east on 55.

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #141 FerrariFrank1, Aug 6, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Friday,I had a lady driving a Maroon/Tan Maserati Quatroporte wanting to engage me into some Spirited Driving....Meyers Rd. and 22nd.St. in Lombard. Then,on the way back,a yellow Lotus Elsie in the Champps Restaraunt Lot,also Meyers Rd. and 22nd.St.

18. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    David and Vince,

Seems like you scared Carla off after your meeting the other night. She hasn't posted here since!

Carla, if you are listening, these louts are not representative of all of us; especially me!

If they offended you in any way, that has caused you to avoid our forum, please let me know.

That be said, I will deal with them accordingly!

The Emperor

19. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Frank - are those old pix or did you hunt it down?

http://www.kraftfoods.com/om/Wienermobile_main.htm

I'm thinking that if you look around the Kraft headquarters this weekend (I think they're in Oak Brook or Elmhurst or the like) I bet you'd find it...

20. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes, they would work. However Frank, I think your Ferrari should star in next year's calendar with a more classy background. I'm thinking Italian villa "La Terrace" or maybe Calatrava's art museum.
    :)

But I think we never had Dan's car and if he could hunt the Wienermobile that would be a cool pic too.

Maybe I should start a separate Calendar thread...

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No,those are the same old pix that I have had now. I also have some of My Son and I and the 308 parked in front of it by the Hotel where the Crew always stay.

The last 3 Years,that I have known,it has parked at a Hotel right here in Oakbrook Terrace,literally,a half mile or so West of my House. I have talked to the Drivers on each time,and they said that they are always staying there when they come to Town. I even got to go IN the Wienermobile,and was given a few 'Wiener Whistles'....:) Frankie and I drove by there Yesterday.and it wasn't there....yet....:) But,normally we haven't seen it around here in this area until late August/Early Sept. Like around the time that they have that Hooters Car Show in Downers Grove on Butterfield Rd.

So,when I find out that it's here,I will definitely post it. And,I will go over there and talk to them,give them my # and let them know that we'd like to get some more photo's. They usually drive it around all day,and then park it for the night by 6:00 or 7:00 PM. They are really nice,very obliging Folks.

22. michael22

michael22 Rookie

Feb 7, 2004
    White Lamborghini Countach, red Ferrari 308, black 355, black 360 spyder, green Bentley Arnage, black NSX, and a couple Porsche turbos and Carreras all on 94 near WI border.

23. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Seems as tho you have been promoted from Sir Skip to Emperor. Congrats!

;)

24. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I don't think Im that boring or rude... so Im sure she's just busy. I have been busy with the new home and sales calls. I mowed a lawn for the first time since since the 1980s (before I get flak give this apartment vet a break.) So if you are an Emperor, can I be a knight? I just completed a great task, fighting my way through the thickest of weeds and hornets' nests just to give you and Katie a beautiful lawn to view upon your visits...

I haven't talked to Vince since meeting him and I need to make the effort. As leader of the "young crowd" he is fun to talk to and a very nice man. But I think his little 2 year old stud is taking up his time. That and fighting off the Des Plaines teeny boppers who don't know he's married...

Spotted a red 360 Spyder in Barrington near Motorwerks last week. Same red 512TR near Fox River Grove. He didn't wave back to Dad and I in the 575, oh well.

RocketBoy

PS: So Skip wants to be part of the young crowd? His claim for entry will be his posts about other people's pants! Its good to be king/Emperor.

25. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    I'm still here guys...
    Spotted...360 spyder in Park Ridge, again on East River Rd.

Someone tell Skip that Rocketboy and I did not scare anyone at least I don't think so? I'm sure Carla will turn up again soon.
    Ran into plenty of young punks in Trans Am's and the like yesterday. I was a marked man it seemed. No respect...Most of the people in other types of sports cars are kool to me but there is always someone that is trying to make a name for themselves..Ahhhh youth...

Vince..