What happened to the New Hope Car Show? | FerrariChat

What happened to the New Hope Car Show?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by aawil, Aug 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    They haven't had it for a few years. I think last year it was due to construction but I figured it would be back this year after two years off. Anyone heard anything?

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Exchanged a couple of emails with the Chamber of Commerce today.

Seems the folks who run it can't get enough people to staff it.

IT was on schedule for this year, but has been cancelled, again.

I have a contact name and number for the organizers if you want to volunteer and try to get it going again.

DM

3. Murph4Enzo

Murph4Enzo Karting

Nov 15, 2003
    Philadelphia PA
    Full Name:
    Christopher Murphy
    Cna you supply me with the info I can personally round up about a dozen people who would love to staff the event.

Regards,
    Chris

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I'll PM you the Phone number in the morning.

DM

5. wildegroot

wildegroot Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 19, 2003
    Frenchtown NJ
    Full Name:
    Wil de Groot
    I miss the New Hope show too. It was my local event for years. We've organized an Exoticar show For Sunday, August 14 (the New Hope Auto Show weekend) in Frenchtown NJ which is 14 miles north along the Delaware river. One of the New Hope show board members (20 years) is helping with our show.

A bunch of fchat people are coming.

It would be great if you guys could come. For info see www.exoticarsusa.com/carshow.html We'll have good food, drinks on sale, it looks like the weather will be good. Judging starts at 10:00am awards at 3:00.
    Hope to see you there.

wildegroot

6. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    It's short notice but if I can I might take a ride up to that sunday. The sad thing about ferrari shows is they are usually "owner" only type of events. That's what I liked about new hope anyone could go.

7. wildegroot

wildegroot Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 19, 2003
    Frenchtown NJ
    Full Name:
    Wil de Groot

We're hoping for lots of gawkers. We have signs up, have it advertized in the local paper and a local magazine, one car club sent flyers to it's members. An other club did it by e-mail. Us and several car owners have been promoting it on various forums. One enthusiast was even handing out flyers, on his own initiative, at a Lime Rock track event. We have a bunch of Fcars coming but there will be Lamborghinis, Panteras, a Guaro, a new Bentley Continental, a couple of Aston Martins, an MVAgusta motorcycle, a 500HP Superformance Daytona Cobra coupe, a Noble, etc, etc. We're bringing a one of a kind vintage 206SP racing car that just won the phil Hill award at the FCA National in Indianapolis. I'm also bringing my supercharged 308GTB.

It should be fun. A bunch of fun guys will be there too. You should come, and bring friends. We have some nice awards too. No cheap bowling trophies and by the way... I liked the New Hope Auto Show but I got realy sick of the same stupid pot-metal plates they gave out every year.

Wil