Race Gas In Monterey Peninsula | FerrariChat

Race Gas In Monterey Peninsula

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by italcarguy, Aug 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italcarguy

italcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rimicci
    I will be taking one of my cars upto Monterey in a couple weeks for the concorso and historics. I plan on driving it around town all weekend and will be in need of race gas. It has 12:1 compression so I would be looking for something higher than 91 octane. Does anyone know of a gas station in the Monterey Peninsula that has something like 100 octane gas? I know Laguna Seca has it, but there is no way I can get the car into the paddock there.

2. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Can you use something from the Monterey Airport? I know they sell hi octane fuels.
    Ed

3. italcarguy

italcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rimicci
    If I can't find a local gas station that has 100 octane, I'll just lug a 5 gallon jug to the track on Saturday.

4. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    The 76 station on the corner of Fremont and Abreggo had about fifteen 5 gallon containers of race gas for sale last time I was there. When you take the Monterey Exit off of HW1, just stay on Fremont and it is three stop lights up.
    Laguna Seca also has race gas, but I do not know the rules about getting in to just get gas.

--tony

5. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    You can also go to Laguna Seca, they have race fuel there for sure.

6. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    The fuel truck at the Monterey airport would have 100 low lead fuel.

You can call one of the FBO's there or the tower, and they can give you the fuel truck contcat number.

I'll look up in my airport directory tonight and post the numbers for you tomorrow.

7. dan_west348ts

dan_west348ts Rookie

Nov 21, 2003
    Hollister, CA
    Full Name:
    Dan West
    Morano Petrolium in Watsonville has racing gas @ 104 & 110 octaine. The problem is that if you pull into their station they cannot legally fill your tank since racing gas is not taxed for the road. You would have to fill containers and lug it to your car. However, if you pull into their station with the car on a trailer then you may be able to fill it up directly from the pump.

Take Hwy 1 from Monterey to the Salinas RD exit to Pajaro Rd. Marano Petro is on Pajaro Rd.

Dan