Porsche Twin Turbo | FerrariChat

Porsche Twin Turbo

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by VWH3RD, Feb 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VWH3RD

VWH3RD Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2003
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Looking for some help on websites/info that sell aftermarket parts for one of my daily riders.

It is a 02 996TT silver/black that is stock.

thanks
    Vernon

2. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
  3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Do you still have a GT coming?

4. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Check out www.6speedonline.com , www.rennlist.com , and www.funcarsonline.com for more info regarding Porsche. All are pretty good forums with quality information. There are a lot of modifications out there for the 996tt, so you should have no problem finding items to install. I would suggest a chip, exhaust, wheels, suspension, and short shift kit to start off with. Hope this helps.

5. VWH3RD

VWH3RD Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2003
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Hey Rob

as of now YES

I haven't told the wife what it costs however so stay tuned!

6. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
  7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    You are the most skilled person I have met at getting in trouble. :) It's like William Hung, he doesn't even realize he's a bad singer.

8. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    Try Imagineauto in Kansas City. The had the best prices when I upgraded my 930 turbo. They can source what you need and give you some great advice. Good guys to talk to. They have a link at the porsche turbo site. http://www.911turbo.com/. I am selling my 930 BTW if anybody has an interest.

9. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    What type of parts are you looking at changing out? Also, do you have any pictures those 911 tt are sick cars?
    Erik

10. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Twin Turbos are such as blast to drive....just saw a turbo today actually.

11. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Vernon:

What do you want out of the 996tt? Before you start modding you need to determine what you want out of the car. Then go that direction from there. Once you start with some items, it requires others. For example, you need new dump valves to put up with the increased pressure from larger turbos or an exhaust, etc. As far as tuners products, you can choose from many...

- TechArt
    - Ruf
    - Gemballa
    - Evolution Motorsports
    - Promotive
    - Hamann
    - S Car Go
    - Imagine Auto

12. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I didn't know you had a 911TT as a daily driver Vernon.Those CGT's sound unbelievable.I'd love to see it when you get it.

13. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Please make sure you post pics of both cars, 996TT and Carrera GT. Rob is William Hung really that bad of a singer?

14. VWH3RD

VWH3RD Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2003
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Thanks for the help guys.

I will check out all the suggestions. I have had the car for about 9 months now but I am starting to drive it more and need to spruce it up a bit.

I am thinking about rims,exhaust, a chip and a set of aluminum pedals/footrest.

I will get some pictures soon

15. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Vernon, shotgun on the GT!

16. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Awesome sounds great thanks Mr. Hill.
    Erik

17. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    maybe you can get a deal on a nice 550 HP package for the 996, and a nice TT package for the Carrera GT!!! hehehe! TC, are you capable of this?:)

18. twinturbo

twinturbo Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Any package offered out there up to a Stage II is a waste of money because you can purchase a $500 Upsolute chip and get equal or better performance for 10% fo the cost (proven FACT) ... if you're going stage III and above I recommend Stephen at ImagineAuto ... there are a list of extensive tuner's tried and true over on www.6speedonline.com , there is also a TUNER shootout article magazine that is sticky at the top in which ImagineAuto beat out 6 other tuners .... the 7 cars from the magazine are members of 6speed .... goodluck and get ready to spend MUCHO $$$$$$$ because once you start or get the itch on the TT you will never stop ... and after it's going fast enough for you the cosmetic modifications begin ...

Dario

19. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I can recommend Stephen. He did the comprehesive exhaust survey last year, and i contributed a Ruf exhaust, which was subsequently returned to the distributor because it had some anomolies. I spoke with Stephen at length several times, and he seemed like a very bright, straight up guy. He also is one of the few that does the GIAC chip stuff, which may be reason alone to commend him, but my experience with him was great.

20. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    If you want a quick 100 hp, the upsolute chip for $500 is the best way to go. www.upsolute.com

21. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Can we shoot for it?

22. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    bostonmini:

I can source it all ;).

I agree with the others concerning Imagine Auto. I spoke to Stephen the other day and he is a class act. The Upsolute chip is great for non X50 aplications but causes increased lag in X50 996tts. GIAC is the best chip available but be prepared to spend a good chunk of money for it (around $5000). If you do anything, I would definately say to change your dump valves as the stock nits fail with increase power. Please keep us updated.

23. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    TCM, I assume your "TC" in tysnboro, cant be too many. I met you last year when we put a short-shift on keith's M5...you wanted one then, you can get his now! too bad he has to sell it! Its got about 40K miles, I think he wants...55K for it? anywayz, if you see anyone, let em know, car is gorgeous...god i love(d) that car!

24. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    That's funny, we've all been there. Carrerra GT is sweet though. Congrats.

25. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    a friend of mine just took delivery of 2004 Cab Turbo. Looks nice but whats so special? I know nothing about Porsche.