Yellow 1/18 F430 | FerrariChat

Yellow 1/18 F430

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by AGNRDARNETW, Aug 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AGNRDARNETW

AGNRDARNETW Formula Junior

May 13, 2005
    Earth
  2. Pagani16

Pagani16 Formula 3

Apr 25, 2005
    SoCal(San Diego)
    Full Name:
    Jason T.
    Can't really see if it's original from the pics.

3. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    Dude, what kind of a link is this?!?! :confused: it wont open, just a bunch of Chineese habla-habla. :)

4. riconijhof

riconijhof Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Rico Nijhof
    #4 riconijhof, Aug 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The F430 will actually appear in yellow, as a Showcase version, it's HotWheels new line, same cars, different box and colors. Here's another pic:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. AGNRDARNETW

May 13, 2005
    Earth
    Still works for me.

6. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    The wheels are drug dealer style.

I'll still buy a yellow one though... and a spyder.

T.

7. Ferrari330P4

Ferrari330P4 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2005
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Karl
    There are a bunch of yellow onse on Ebay now i just ordered 2 of them monday.

8. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    Thanks for the info. I just went on Ebay and click "Buy Now" :) Hope they come out with other colors besides Red and Yellow.

-B-

9. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Yep, they just came in where I work. The showcase Enzo also came in. A little better looking, but mainly the interior, the whees/tires are still way out of proportion (opposite of the 430), still too small. But I like they've gotten rid of the chrome on the resonator and exhausts and made it that sort of copper-metallish colour like the real thing. The interior also has red accents unlike the normal model with just the solid black plasticky interior. The 250 GT/L (showcase) looks semi-decent as well.

10. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    So who is actually stocking these now? Just Ebay?

11. NoJo

NoJo Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Jerusalem
    Full Name:
    Noah Joseph
    ...are the showcase models actually worth the extra cash?

I'm anticipating the same-as-usual answers: they're inadequate, but everyone's still planning on buying them. But I'm hoping for more constructive feedback.

I haven't seen one yet, and the display case ain't worth jack to me because I display my models out the case and off any stand the may come on/with. New colors might be interesting, but all my models are red (except for the 2+2s in blue). The big factor will be the quality and detail.

BTW, does anyone have a list of showcase models out and coming out soon?

12. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Just ordered mine off of Ebay.

13. Retro11s

Retro11s Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2004
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Just so I understand this correctly. The Enzo and the F430 that are part of the Showcase product line are the same cars as the regular 1/18th Hot Wheels? Just the packaging is different?

Thanks for the help....

14. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    To an extent, but they do have more detail... I have a non-"Showcase" 250GT/L, and I've compared it to pics of a Showcase GT/L (yellow). The biggest difference I can find seems to be in the engine bay, where there's actually other colors than black plastic. The "stance" of the Showcase car didn't look quite right, though - too low in back - but that could have just been that particular model, or just the way the picture was taken. At any rate, I bought the Showcase GTO in yellow and have been enjoying it.

15. AGNRDARNETW

May 13, 2005
    Earth
    As Perfusion said, I think there is a more detailed engine and in this picture (http://www.ehobbies.com/hoth2759.html) of the 1/18 enzo, I can see colored calipers, and red seats, rather than black.

16. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    I just called EWA, they have the yellow in stock for $45.