Goodbye Tiffany | FerrariChat

Goodbye Tiffany

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ferrari0324, Aug 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    We put our cat, Tiffany Jane Harris to rest tonight. It was found she had cancer in her right rear leg in April, we chose to not do anything because of her age and she had some time left. Very slowly she lost the ability to walk on her right rear leg and had to limp everywhere and stopped eating and making bowel movements within the last few days.

She was 15 years old, and a wonderful cat. I used to make fun of her calling her the fatcat and made impressions of what she would sound like if she could talk. A large guy on a Harley Davidson. Though I didn't show her it, I really did love her. And wanted to memorialize her and let everyone know that a great pet was lost tonight.

Goodbye Tiffany Jane Harris, we love you and may you Rest In Peace.

Tiffany Jane Harris (1990-2005)

2. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    So sorry for your loss, they ARE family.

3. Roryferrari

Roryferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Dave Bell
    I'm sorry for your loss. I know what they mean to you.

4. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.
    Very sorry to hear this. Uro's right, they are family.

5. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    We went thru this a few years ago, with Henry-Cat, who was 18 and struggled valiantly with cancer. I was very stoic about the trip to the vet, but it ripped me apart- one of the hardest things i ever did. My wife refused to even consider the idea of another cat, but after a few weeks of feeling truly miserable, I insisted. We now are the cherished staff to a pair of Egyptian Maus. They will never replace Henry, but we can remember him with joy. And, the Maus are a total hoot. I feel for what you are going thru now. But, part of the pain is actually the love of animals that you can have with others, believe it or not. But, for now, remember her when she was well, and not suffering. That's the way she'd have it, too.

6. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Thanks everyone. Great to know there's guys like you out there.

7. WhachooTalkinBoutWillis

Jul 15, 2005
    in a house, duh
    Full Name:
    Monique Willis
    my dog died in June. She was 13. Sorry about your loss.

8. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    I am sorry to hear that Brandon, I lost a few critters over the years, and it is very rough. They are very much family and can't be replaced, but you will always have her spirit with you, as a pet's unconditional love is something that is never lost. :)

9. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Sorry to hear the news. Cats and dogs are as much family as anyone. Time heals all. Hang in there.

10. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    my Husky is probably the closest thing i have to family on a daily basis...Hope time heals your pain fast.

11. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    i lost both my cats over the last two years. Weird thing is, we have know idea what happend to em. They were both young and we have a feeling a coyote got em. Weve seen a coyote around our neighborhood creeping around at night over the last few weeks...

12. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    R.I.P. Stretch "Mark"

I swear on a stack of all the holy texts you can muster that cat hated to be called "Stretch Mark."

13. el Carnicero

el Carnicero Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2005
    West of Laramie
    Really sorry for your loss. The pain of losing them is the price we pay for the joy they gave us. When they go, it's payback time. :(

14. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    I too have a cat that we call Fat Cat. I know how I'd feel if something were to happen to her. Sorry for your loss, it sounds like you had 15 great years with her.