360 Warranty??? | FerrariChat

360 Warranty???

Discussion in '360/430' started by BD997, Aug 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BD997

BD997 Karting

Aug 9, 2005
    Watertown, MA
    Full Name:
    BD
    #1 BD997, Aug 9, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey guys.... im new on this forum and live in the Boston area. I currently own a Porsche 997 but was a ferrari owner back in 2000 ( Had the 3rd 360 Modena in Boston Area back in late 1999 that I purchased from Ferrari of New England.) My question is about the warranty on a used 360... lets say I bought a 2003 cpe with 1500k... Is the factory warranty still good?..Is there an extended warranty I can purchase through Ferrari? Appreciate all your inputs... Thanks again!
    Here are some pics of my old 360...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. India Whiskey Charlie

India Whiskey Charlie Formula Junior

May 24, 2001
    Way Out West
    The factory warranty is 3 years / unlimited miles from the date the car was first delivered. There are also a few extended factory warranty plans, but they would have to be purchased before the original warranty period ends.

Click here for more info: http://www.ferraripower.com/POWER/index.asp

3. BD997

BD997 Karting

Aug 9, 2005
    Watertown, MA
    Full Name:
    BD
    great thanks!! lots of info... But no prices on the "POWER" which is probably the one I will need... anyone have an idea of prices to purschase the "power" warranty?

4. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    Don't recall the exact numbers but it's in the thousands per year. And that's after you pay thousands more for an initial service which they require to make it warrantable.

Assuming you have confidence in the car's maintenance history and take good care of it, the extra warranty is hard to justify, imo. Especially if it's a stick.

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Right. It'll run you about $7K after you do the required belt change. If you have a good car it's better to save that $7K for anything that may come up.

6. BD997

BD997 Karting

Aug 9, 2005
    Watertown, MA
    Full Name:
    BD
    thanks guys!

7. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Hi Viken, You can purchase a certified preowned warranty after the original warranty runs out. The car in question must be sold through a factory authorized dealer, all sevices completed as detailed by FNA, and must pass a 101 point inspection by dealer.

8. exoticalex

exoticalex Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    Full Name:
    Alex L
    It's not cheap.. but if you want peace of mind, then go for it!

9. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    I paid $6K for two years plus the upfront service and belt change which was about $4K. It is transferrable if you sell the car within the coverage period.

10. BD997

BD997 Karting

Aug 9, 2005
    Watertown, MA
    Full Name:
    BD
    how many miles and what year was your car when you purchased warranty? and do you think it was worth it? thanks lou