Crystal Cove Pics - 8/13/05 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Crystal Cove Pics - 8/13/05

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by nocturne1, Aug 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    LOL! I would, ernie, but Ive got to keep growing my hair out for another few weeks for some photos for this project Im working on. After that Ill be clean shavin with shorter hair again :)

2. SilverF20C

SilverF20C Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    No prob. Call it a "been there, done that" when I saw the 2-5 hours comment and know what a pain in the ass that is. There are others but this one has a lot of features for a free product. Enjoy

3. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    GREAT pics Frank! Jeez I can't believe you, you are short of 500 pics!! :) haha. With all your commitment, I think your our official photographer! Can't imagine how much time you spend sending hi-rez's to people that ask! How much hard drive space have you used JUST for photos? Next time I take pics though I need to change the setting on the camera to less pixels, because each photo is 2-3 megabites.

Anyway, take care Frank. So glad we were both there to capture this event. I would really feel bad if I didn't wake up on the SECOND alarm i set :).

4. jescu

jescu Rookie

Mar 18, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Joshua E.

Seriously, I thought 180 was a lot. I cant imagine taking 80 by myself! These pics are all great.

5. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    damn...those pics rule all...

6. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    Thanks David. I have about 40 gigs of photos on my hd, 90% cars. And don't change your setting. You will kick yourself if you go smaller and then get a poster-worthy shot that can only be blown up to 8 X 10. :( If the official photographer tag comes with a paycheck, I'm all for it, although I know there are better photogs out there than me. And nocturne1 is definitely numero uno as far as I'm concerned, in terms of dedication and effort, and probably for pic quality as well, as soon as he gets his Rebel XT. But I have confession to make: I just let him post first and then HE gets all the requests for individual high-res pics. I wait a few hours and by then, the wave has subsided and because we take so many similar shots, I only have to post a fraction of mine that end up looking a little different. :D Seriously though, Jay and I are praying for the day you move closer so you can take over. Then we get to spend more time driving. :) I am so glad so many of the regulars made it this week. I just wish I had more phone numbers to call those who can't get their butts out of bed on mornings like that. See ya Wednesday at HoP.

I actually have a Mac and use iPhoto which has batch commands and is very similar. It's just the number and size of the pics that causes delays. I tend to use a shotgun approach on these kinds of days because you just KNOW somebody is gonna ask what 8-track was in the stereo in that classic Ferrari. ;) And with such overcast skies yesterday, I didn't want to take any chances so I bracketed a bunch of shots too. And not all of them are gems, with the size of the crowd there are a lot of stray limbs and heads blocking the view. Notice I only posted a fifth of what I shot. I know I'm making it sound like a lot of work, and it is, but it's an honor to capture and share images of this caliber of vehicles. When it stops being fun, I'll stop. Probably some time after I move into a "home." :D

7. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    After the first project, you can take photos of the second one, called "Jesus Shaves" ;)

8. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    ROTFLMAO! Good one, Jay. See you Wednesday. :D

9. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    ok I won't. I just need a bigger hard drive! haha. Once I drive, my friend and I will be there every weekend to take over, so don't worry. within the next year or so ;)

great choice, I like you more already! I have used Mac my WHOLE life and am very literate. And iPhoto with all its little gagets is a very good program. Glad to know a fellow mac user! see ya wednesday.

10. RedlineMotorGroup

Jul 12, 2005
    Great Pics! Great comments! However, something's baffling me...why a super rare Cosworth RS200, and Dan Gurney with his bubble top GT, have recieved no love yet!?!? I mean, c'mon! I know I'm not the only race nut at CC! Not to detract from any other car out there, but keep in mind that the RS200, in rally trim, is capable of putting just about anything on that lot (bikes and the mighty F1 included) to shame from an acceleration standpoint. Granted, the car there was a "detuned" road version I know, but nevertheless, a marvel in racing history. Okay, I'm off my soapbox now.

11. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Gurney and the RS200 are regulars.. we've had a few threads devoted to them already. ;)

C.

12. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    This CC had so much there that caught my attention, that I really didn't get around to taking pics of the "other" stuff. The RS200 and Gurney's GT have been in my pics from previous CCs (feel free to browse the forum for them), plus there were a lot of cars that were gone before I got a chance to take pics of them...

Yeah, I slacked a bit on my coverage, but I tried to put a bit more emphasis on the things that were beyond incredible and may not ever be back, rather than the things that are at CC. As always, my CC pics are what catches my eye...

13. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    Yeah, funny story about each of them. The first time I saw the RS was a few years ago. Then he shows up a couple of months ago and I'm like, "HOLY CRAP!" I tell the guy how cool it is and say, "I'll bet that's the only one in the state." He chuckles and tells me, "Nah, there's another guy with one who lives right up the hill from the show."

Gurney came by a few months ago and WAS TURNED AWAY BY THE RACs. He came in just as they put the cones up to block off the main lot. As he circles into the first row of the side lot, I ask the RAC if he knows who that is and he shrugs. I walk over and tell Mr. Gurney that they might let him in if he waits a minute until they see if there are any open spots once everybody settles in and he says, "I just came to look so I guess I'll just leave it here. This is fine." He and his wife got out and walked in.

14. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    #114 jordan747_400, Aug 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Jordan, where's your pics?

16. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    #116 jordan747_400, Aug 14, 2005
    Well, Ive got way too many to post, but not that many of them came out all that well with the low light.

Ill share a few more though!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    Great action shots Jordan. Now if that was a Ford MONDEO next to the Mondial, you would have had something special. I had to think of something to say so I could get my post count to 300. Don't ban me.

18. TopElement

TopElement Formula 3

May 14, 2005
    OC & Vegas
    Full Name:
    A Montoya
    #118 TopElement, Aug 14, 2005
    Wow, so bummed I missed this. Went to Vegas on Friday to bring down the 355, and got delayed and didn't make it back until noon on Saturday. What a terrible day to miss, after being there every weekend for several months.
    Amazing array of cars, and seemingly spontaneous that those particular cars would show up on the same day.
    BTW, maybe i'm seeing things, but did Armen arrive in a 430 and leave in an Enzo? That guy is awesome!

19. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    My dad came in the Enzo, then we swapped.

20. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Think of that shot as a "what I have, vs. what I want" kind of shot :)

That Mondial, btw, is the one that lives a block away from my dorms at school. I see it outside and driving around town a lot! Still havent met the guy though...

21. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    im so glad Im in Taiwan and really can not attend this weekend, but if i was back in SoCal and didnt show up, i be kicking myself right now.

22. dozzina

dozzina F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2005
    In a vortex
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Clearly I'm new here, but are you telling me that this happens...EVERY WEEKEND ??????

23. rammsteinmatt

rammsteinmatt Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Shinavar
    yes

24. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Yep, every saturday, starts at 7. Se the "Crystal Cove Info Thread" at the top of the socal section. Enjoy the pics, every week!

25. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    jeez this thread just made my day!! you guys gotta setup a supercar section at CC so we can see all of them together :D Wouldve been a perfect day if an SLR was there...:p