430 has arrived.....some photos | Page 4 | FerrariChat

430 has arrived.....some photos

Discussion in '360/430' started by Jack(LA), Aug 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Thanks, Richard. You need to drive this car, it's really amazing -- an F-car 8 cylinder with some torque down low, what a shocker! Of course, you already know about real Ferrari torque given that beautiful 550 in your garage.

Carl, I'm crazy like you. :) Great talking to you on Friday. Looking forward to seeing you at Buttonwillow soon.

2. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    Oh no! carl is on the Ferrari board. That can only mean one thing, the Gt2 is lonely w/out the 3 in the garage and needs a stable mate. Stradale? Come on carl that new medication they gave you was only a placebo. It's time for your fix!

3. alexWS6

alexWS6 Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2004
    TX
    Best color!!

4. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Very funny, Richard. I think Carl is in trouble -- it might be time for an intervention. After all, that's what friends are for. :)

5. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    Jack,
    Thank you- those pictures have sold me on your color. I love it. How difficult is it to lower the 430's ride height- you are right that it looks far better lowered. Congrats on a fantastic vehicle!

Best regards,
    Jerry

6. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    The yellow calipers are quite stunning. An excellent choice on your part.

7. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Lowering the car is relatively easy for an experienced suspension/alignment tech -- the car comes with height adjustable coil overs. IMO, you just need to avoid the temptation to lower it too much. Given the stock setup, there's plenty of thread on the shock body to drop the car to a height even lower than the Stradale, as shown in WCH's photos (see other thread). Send me a PM and I can give you the specific number of turns (i.e., threads on the shock body) we used to get to the reduced height for my car. I will going back after 1000 miles for a height re-measurement and an alignment recheck and adjustment, if necessary. We expect the car to settle somewhat (probably less than 6 mm) and provided for that possibility with the height we ultimately arrived at. I would have waited for the suspension to settle, but I couldn't stand the 4x4 look. :)

BTW, the ride quality did not deteriorate at all (in fact, it's quite comfortable in sport mode) and the handling got better. I would attribute the latter to the fact that the alignment was off from the factory -- the right rear had close to 0 toe and you definitely want toe-in at the rear.

8. bret928

bret928 Rookie

Sep 16, 2004
    Can you recommend a facility for the clear bra install

Thanx Bret

9. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    If you're in the LA/Orange County area, I can highly recommend Envisage Design Labs. Call Edre at 310-613-4691 and tell him Uncle Jack referred you. ;)

10. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    Again, thank you Jack for the info. :D

11. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I keep looking at those outside pics. Words can't describe how sick your car looks. Esp. with the yellow calipers and shields.

So sweet, Jack.