Replacing interior door handles on a 348 | FerrariChat

Replacing interior door handles on a 348

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by traimpz348, Jul 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    My 348 has scrapped up interior door levers. I have replacements. Has anybody ever taken them off? How should I go about doing it?

2. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    should have just repainted the ones you had, they are metal. sand n paint. 2.00

3. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I didn't buy the replacements they were given to me. Do you know the best way of taking them off?

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Do you mean the grab handle or the door pull?

Door Pull: there is a single screw that holds it to door. Unscrew it, pull handle.

Grab Handle: Remove door pull. Remove small trim pieces on trailing edge of door. Remove middle interior trim piece. Grab handle has two screws that will now be visible. The bracket for the handle is at a strange angle, but it'll be obvious once the middle trim panel is off.

5. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    #5 Miltonian, Jul 17, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think you are talking about the release lever (the metal piece) not the door pull (the leather covered piece). The release lever is held on with one phillips head screw (the upper one in the picture) but you can't get at it until you remove the door pull. It isn't hard. I think I posted detailed instructions not too long ago, I'll take a look.

Edit: There is a diagram and instructions in this thread:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55313
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. naag123

naag123 Rookie

Aug 8, 2005
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Not sure think there is only one screw. I am looking for the leather interior pull in black for my 348. Any ideas where I can find one?

[email protected]

7. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

There are two additional screws on the bottom portion of the pull handle-- you must remove the center door panel (leather covered) to gain access.

8. jkuk

jkuk Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Wirral, UK
    Full Name:
    John K

The metal lever can be removed with the door pull still fitted.

Its one screw and you need a small screwdriver to gain access to the philips head (an electricians flat blade screwdriver will work).

I have just repainted and refitted both of mine so know it can be done.

9. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Oh, I was referring to the "grab handle". Sometimes affectionately called the "oh ****" handle.