Wil De Groot Show- Aug. 14 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Wil De Groot Show- Aug. 14

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by whart, Jul 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpd2

jpd2 Karting

Aug 4, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hey Clyde nice pics, good job keeping the sweat out of the lens

2. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    who owns the 360CS with the stripe? Also is the owner of the 512M on the board?? Im pretty sure he was at the Ferrari/Maserati Racing days at Limerock.

3. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    nice pics. that 360 challenge sure was purty.

4. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    John is on the board & the 512M owner.
    He might also know more about the Striped CS. Was that Ben's car John?

5. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Anybody know who won in what category?

6. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Great pics Clyde!!! You are the PMG (Pic Master General)!!!

Rehan - You are a pu55y!!!!! I drove home to CT through several storms. You know that these cars DO have windshield wipers!!!!

Jason Speedracer - That was Carbon who flipped you the bird.

Great seeing everyone!!! DAMN it was fawking HOTT!!!! Congrats to Matty (DOORSUP on F-Chat) for winning 1st place in some category!!!! WHART, Clyde, and KDROSS - You all won some category, so call Will de Groot and claim your prize!! I didn't win **** !!!

STAY COOL EVERYONE!!!!!!

7. chrlsstyles

chrlsstyles Formula 3

Jun 29, 2004
    Congrats to all the Tri-Staters that won. Hutch, i told you that you should have taken Clyde's award. You did own a 308 at one point right :D

I can't believe best of show went to Bling bling 360

8. Acura Nsx Pilot

Acura Nsx Pilot Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    NyC
    Full Name:
    Bailey
    Nice pics Clyde....thanks for posting

9. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    here are some pictures ive done so far...will do the rest later.

Lamborghini-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Gawd Dayum it was focking hot out there today... I only lasted about an hour before I was cooked. I dunno how all you guys survived all morn into the pm. I didnt even bring the camera with me for fear it wld melt. I was glad to see Ken's car made it there.

Some really nice cars, but I mostly went to support my friends. Always a pleasure to hang with Brucie, Carby, Clyde, Gus, Hutch, Lupe, Matty, Frank P, Rob, and even Chrisstyles this time! Good to also see Kenny, Eric and their s/o's on the way out. Kenny we did take 513 straight out to 78... but we were flying low the whole way. Nice drive out there and back, especially with the AC on BLAST.

11. chrlsstyles

chrlsstyles Formula 3

Jun 29, 2004
    I said it before and i'll say it again. It was great seeing everyone today, and meeting some new people. Wish I could get out to more events. work sux. It was damn hot. Would have taken more pics but for a good hour or so was just bummin around at the tables.

12. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Thanks for the great pics.

13. wildegroot

wildegroot Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 19, 2003
    Frenchtown NJ
    Full Name:
    Wil de Groot
    Thanks for coming everyone and making the show happen. We met so many new people I couldn't keep names and faces straight and I know we didn't meet a lot of FChat people there. Especially thanks for people who brought their gorgeous cars. Who cares that we didn't get an Enzo. The diversity, history, condition and quality of the gathering (I think there were 47 cars on the field) more than made up for a missing Enzo.

Thanks Clyde and Chris for taking pictures. We didn't take any - too busy. Chris, you don't like Wil's modified 308 resto project? So what that it has a racing grille, Porche brakes and no engine hoses - what's the problem?
    Anyway - can we put your pictures on our website for the show? We have some more to put up that I'm going to get right now.

Next year...(I don't want to think about next year this morning...) anyone who wants to get involved and make this show bigger and better please contact me or Wil. We would like it grow beyond the 'Wil de Groot Show' next year :) We need suggestions, help on the day (parking cars especially) and anyone who wants to sponsor an award don't be shy. The school didn't make a dime from the show - it cost a bundle to put on, so we could use help or we'll have to give out those pot metal frizbee awards with an embossed Mustang next year.

Maybe we'll move the date to September to beat the heat. Maybe Satuday would work better. Maybe it should end earlier so people could get together for a drive and meal later. Maybe it shouldn't be the day after a chateau W event...

Thanks everyone!

Sandy and Wil

14. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I'll send you a CD of my hi-res pics. Feel free to use them as you wish.
    I'm sorry to hear the school didn't make anything. I suspect the weather was the main culprit keeping people & cars away. It's admirable that you folks took the initiative to help out the school.

And good luck on the 'Wil de Groot Show' part two :)

15. jpd2

jpd2 Karting

Aug 4, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Jon
    No that wasn't Ben's car Clyde he had no stripes but it had a Classic Coach Racing emblem on his hood and BTW I was at Limerock, again nice seeing all just wish it wasn't so DAMN hot. Rehan you really should have made it!

16. AVFIN

AVFIN Karting

Jun 5, 2005
    Watchung NJ
    Full Name:
    Anthony Villanova
    Great Pics!!! Nice collection of old and new.. I am kicking myself for not going but the heat must have been unbearable. Looking forward to next year....

17. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I know john you should have called me, and twisted my arm a little :D