SAD, SAD day for all | FerrariChat

SAD, SAD day for all

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Roland E Linder, Aug 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    We lost our young friend Brett DeRosier ( MCCPRIVATE) in the airplane accident of the other night.
    Brett was a good friend of mine and I had the pleasure to travel to car shows with him, sharing rooms and being at his wedding.
    He was the heart behind the Morgan Adams Charity car show that we will have the 27th of this month. He worked so hard to get that going to help children even that he didn't even had one.
    My deepest sympathy to his wife and family, I'm gona miss him and we all lost a great friend.
    Let's have a great event to remember him !
    Roland
    E Linder

2. paragonmotorcars

Jun 27, 2005
    very sad..he was about 28 years old
    Great Guy

3. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Oh...My...God....

I cannot belive this. I am at a loss for words.......

Brett was one of the nicest F-chatters I met, out of no where he invited me to the Concours show last year, and we we've been PM'ing back and forth about this years show, he had graciously let me volunteer again this year and his entire motive was to let me expierince the cars and to see to it that I can fulfill a life dream and keep my life going in the right direction. I only met him once but he was so caring. I am so sad right now.....

R.I.P. Brett

4. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Heres an example of how nice Brett was, keep in mind, we had never spoken even on Fchat when he asked me this....

5. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005
    I agree... I spoke with him just the other day about the upcoming Morgan Adams event..... Very sad time right now... My prayers to him and his family..

james

6. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I am at a loss for words--I met Brett at the Craig Hospital car show last month and recall what a vibrant gentlemen he was. I cannot comprehend that he is not with us here now. A truly sad day. I know that Brett is and will continue to be sorely missed, and will pray for him and his family.

7. Matt550

Matt550 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Littleton Colorado
    Full Name:
    Matt M.
    Very sad, I will keep his family and friends in my prayers.

8. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    Having found this out about 24 hours abo, and talking to Roland about it, I have to think I was still in a stage of shock, and I still cant belive it.

I had spoken to Brett, and conversed with him via email many times on Fchat and about.

Its hard to believe...

On the note of the concourse, as far as I am being told, It still is being put on,

9. No Mercy

No Mercy Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Lone Tree, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I offer my condoleces.

10. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Thoughts and Prayers.

11. ccantrell

ccantrell Karting

Feb 23, 2004
    Crossville, IL
    Full Name:
    Chris Cantrell
    Thoughts and prayers for his family. -chris

12. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado
    only 28? very sad. my condoleces to his friends and family.

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Best wishes to his family and loved ones. This is really sad.

14. vsnqust

vsnqust Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    Next to roland
    We lost one of the good guys! Brett was truly a person who you could trust and
    put himself out there for other people. I just talked with him last wednesday on
    going on a motorcycle ride to grand lake. I will truly miss his laugh.. his friendship and
    the future that he was molding to make this world a better place!

15. andymo1972

andymo1972 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2004
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy L
    My condolences to his wife and family. Brett was a great guy and will be missed.

A couple of us Florida F-chatters had been helping him coordinate things for a Morgan Adams Concourse down here in S. Florida.

Andy

16. PlayersMarkus

PlayersMarkus Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    R.I.P. Brett !

17. quickchickleslie

May 17, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Leslie
    Very,very sad, our thoughts and prayers to his friends and family.

Leslie and Charles

18. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    I too am very sad about this tragic event. I will miss Brett as one gracious and giving person. I had such a great time meeting him last year at his event and eventually met up with him on several other occasions since then. He was so unselfish and always so happy and upbeat. I talked with him all of last week including last Thursday. He asked me if I would take the head of Centennial Airport on the road tour the morning of the MA Event.

I remember when he flew down to PPIR in May with Steve Gavit in Steve’s helicopter. This is when I first met Steve. They were both so friendly, funny and happy. I gave them both rides in the F40 and Steve offered to take Dawn and me on a ride around the Denver skyline in his copter as a trade. I never got around to taking that ride.

I will miss them both. We lost a couple of nice, great guys that day.

John

19. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    :( I am shocked and saddened to hear that our community lost such a gracious person...I barely knew Brett but I admired his enthusiasm for whatever he was doing.

We'll miss you Brett...

20. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    I'd been working closely with Brett for the past six months or so, trying to arrange the Morgan Adams Concours - Boca Raton.

I just spoke to him last Wednesday regarding his fishing trip, the MAC in Colorado, and our plans for the Boca event. I still can't believe that he is gone.

I've spoken wiith Brett's coworkers and the people at Morgan Adams and it we are currently expecting to proceed with the Boca event, as planned.

Those that knew Brett would know that he would want it this way - except maybe for the extra attention that HE is now recieving. I can't think of a better way to honor our fallen comrade than to follow through on his plans.

I have also been advised that the funeral is scheduled for this Saturday but don't have the particulars.

RIP Brett - we'll miss you.

Scottie
    www.TheCarcierge.com

21. Detailers Paradise

Detailers Paradise Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I met Brett for the first time just last week. He called out of the blue as a car guy wanting to talk about cars. I met him for breakfast a week ago today. I heard this afternoon that he was on the plane. Shocking to say the least.

What stuck me the most about Brett was his eagerness to help others. Several times throughout our breakfast he asked, "What can I do for you? How can I help you guys out?"

I'm saddened by this loss. The brief moment I knew him was certainly an honor.

22. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    deep condolences to loved ones.....

23. persiflage

persiflage Karting

Dec 28, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name: