My 348 Door Panels. Take a LOOK.... | FerrariChat

My 348 Door Panels. Take a LOOK....

Discussion in '348/355' started by GQ IMAGE, Aug 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GQ IMAGE

GQ IMAGE Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    GQ IMAGE
    #1 GQ IMAGE, Aug 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Team 348. Have a question? When I bought my car it had perfectly matching leather door panels. I think they look awesome! I took them off to upgrade the speakers and they have the Ferrari logo on the back of them. The question is are they from the factory? The leather is the same grade quality as the rest of the car. The color is a dead on match also. Is it the speciale door panel? I don't know but I wanted to share it with the rest of you. I also included other interior pictures of my car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    Wow. Your leather looks brand new!!

3. Markie1949

Markie1949 Karting

Apr 4, 2005
    Utah
    Your panels look fabulous, what year is your car? I can't be any help cause the FPO of my car put big aftermarket speakers in the doors, and get this, a sub in the pax footwell!! I removed all the trash and covered the area that you have in Tan with black leather. I suspect it's genuine Fcar stuff, the perforations match what's over the cabin temp sensor on the lower left dash, no?

4. livingthedream

livingthedream Karting

Jun 3, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Jonathon
    I'll be shocked if you say you have over 10,000 miles on that thing. It looks brand new!

5. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    1992 models and up came with body colored side skirts and spoilers. SS models had a reverse curve front spoiler (and small lip), removed rear grill, kevlar seats, chrome prancing horse "cavallino" emblems front and rear, strengthened door panels, leather interior door panels, and a taller 5th gear.

Challenge models also came with aluminum pedals, an alternate fuel pump, a lighter front bumper, roll cage mounts, carbon fiber brake cooling ducts, a bigger heat shield, rubberized tow hooks front and rear, exhaust timing advanced, and 18 inch speedline racing wheels (225/40 ZR 18 front and 265/40 ZR 18 rear).

Competizione models came with carbon fiber bumpers, aluminum and carbon fiber "thin" front bonnet and rear decklid, carbon fiber undertray, F40 half-shafts, upgraded fuel mapping in the ECU chips, lexan rear window, 15 inch brakes, and a strengthened frame.

6. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Actually we are know as the "348 Brotherhood".

7. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    I think the body color started with the SS in '93. also you could get the "Frau" seats with the SS. In fact, few seem to have been ordered with the kevlar F40 seats (my own observation). The leather pleating on the SS "Frau" seats is a bit different than that on the TS and TB.

Challenge cars came with the regular 348 wheels, the speedlines MAY have been an option, not sure on that one.

8. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    That lower door panel looks a 100 times better then that mesh crap I have in my car...Anyone know of an inexpensive source...The door panels are something I would like to update..Don't care about OEM Ferrari...The OEM Ferrari guy is not buying my car anyway.

9. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I think Tan leather works on this 'extra'. Not sure if cream would deliver the goods. Tan's definately more durable than cream, a bit more forgivinig in terms of marks - as we all know, when you get out of a 348, 9 times out of 10, your foot scufs the damn door - particulary in that area

10. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    #10 N24RE, Aug 16, 2005
  11. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    I don't think his is an SS, but his door panels do appear to be SS spec.

you still asking $72K for that '92 TS?

:)

12. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    Nope...not at all..it needs a new home =D

13. GQ IMAGE

GQ IMAGE Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    GQ IMAGE
    My car is not a SS. In fact it is a 89. The car just turned 20k. Don't ask me on how my door panels got there. I have no idea. They are marked like they are OEM. I posted this if anyone had any ideas? I bought the car from a car broker that one of my wholesaler's deal with.

14. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I don't think the lower section of your door panel is original style. I have never seen one in person or in pictures that looked like that, with the perforated leather over the speaker area. I don't think the SS door panels look like that, but I'm not an expert on the subject. I would guess that your door panel was originally carpeted on the bottom section, like other 348's, and that someone chopped it up for speakers, and the panel now on your car was done up by an upholstery shop. It might still have some kind of factory markings on the inner side of the panel, but the leather covering isn't factory. Hey, it looks nice!

15. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    For sure it looks nice. You may be happy with such a car from 1989 as it is one of the first.

16. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    #16 Dale, Aug 17, 2005
  17. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    I dig your red carpet. Very nice look.

18. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Thank's as far as i know its factory fitted.

19. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    Yeah the factory did the red/creme color combo.

I had an SS that had that same interior...except for the F40 seats. It's a great look!

The red makes the rest of the leather "pop" out at you.

Steve

20. Jeremy Whitworth

Aug 6, 2019
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Whitworth
    Image Unavailable, Please Login My 94 348 Spider also has different door panels. I've been trying to find a replacement for the drivers side, without any luck...

21. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #21 Ferrarium, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    OP's lower doors are recovered with oem speakers and perforated leather since leather is not acoustically transparent. Simply pull off carpet and recover with leather, the back fiberglass will still say oem, its the covering that changed.

Jeremy your doors are custom, a custom interior shop or high end stereo shop can make them, oem door sections are are just fiber glass and can be cut and molded. Appears to be a gap between the lower and now middle section? Overall now looks less Ferrari and more something else.