Excell Auto Info ... | FerrariChat

Excell Auto Info ...

Discussion in 'Florida' started by 1Turbo, Aug 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1Turbo

1Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2005
    LA$ VEGA$
    Full Name:
    Jimmy K
    Has anyone had any Experience Purchasing a F-Car from them ?
    They have a 355 Spider on E-Bay that i am interested in. Excell Auto is located in Boca Raton & is a Division of Bob Zankl.
    Any advice Pro or Con is appreciated. Thank You.

Yes i used the Search Function. No Info @ All.
    If you don't feel Comfortable commenting on this Thread, Please PM me.

2. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    never heard of them.

3. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Would never recommend buying a car that you have not seen, or inspected. Especially at an eBay auction. Its yours after you win, and any repairs can be expensive.

Ask the seller if they mind that you have a PPI done by Tim Standford prior to purchase.

4. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    Their office is, literally, accross the street from mine. I've never bought or sold but have negotiated with them a couple of times. Their prices have always been consistent with the market. That being said I, personally, like them and would not hesitate to do business with them.

I am not in a position to do a PPI for you (although I could easily arrange one), but would be more than willing to stroll across the street and get a visual of the car for you.

Who are you dealing with over there?

Scottie
    www.TheCarcierge.com

5. spyderman33

spyderman33 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I went to the place once when a friend of mine was looking at Viper.. They have a myriad of cars mostly Porsche, Benz, BMW in a warehouse/office park environment... They had one 360 when I was there a few months back.. I spoke to the sales guy about the 360 and his knowledge was weak... The 360 they had was not in great shape even though the miles were low... Their prices were rather high...

He didn't know much about any of the cars just basic high level stuff....

He told me that many cars come off of auctions...

I wouldn't buy a car from them after what I saw but that's me. I would much rather buy off a private seller or Martin (Cavallino Motors)...

6. 1Turbo

1Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2005
    LA$ VEGA$
    Full Name:
    Jimmy K
    Thanks for the advice Fellas. I also would prefer to deal with a PP.The car has been serviced by F of Atl & "Inspected" by Shelton Ferrari. Twice i have requested the Date & Mileage of the 30K. A Joe Palmisano keeps ignoring or does not answer the ?

Scottie, if you get a chance (no hurry @ all ), could you check out the ' 98 Yellow/Black Spider ? It has 26K miles. Asking $82K.

Thanks.

7. spyderman33

spyderman33 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    He probably doesn't know and/or doesn't have the actual records...

8. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
  9. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Scott,
    Where is it relative to 1000 Holland Drive? Across from your space or more like across from Michael's space?

10. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    Sherpa:

Excell is opposite my office - across Rogers Circle. The driveway for their building is directly across from the driveway to my building.

Turbo:

I was over there this afternoon. The yellow 355 looks nice, inside and out. The interior, in particular, belies it being a 26,000 mile car - it looks like new - only slight creasing on the driver's side bolsters.

Joe Palmisano showed me where he had sent the info on the 30K to you yesterday via email. He also showed me the stamps in the service book. Please contact him if you did not recieve his message.

I would describe the car as a very good condition, well maintained, 355. There may have been some paint work on the front end (rock chip repair) - but, if so, it was done well. There is no sign of any obvious damage or repair work elsewhere on the car. I would add that it is a great deal at the asking price.

They are more than happy to arrange for a PPI and I always reccommend doing so. Shelton would be as good a place as any for that purpose and you can trust their findings. If you would prefer a non-dealer I can provide you with contact information for several local, quality, mechanics.

Scott Zankl, the boss over at Excell, is a great guy and knows his stuff - he operates his shop with a pronounced "how can we help you" attitude and I have found him to always be available and he asked me to have you call him directly with any comments or questions.

In addition, feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.

With my best wishes,

Scottie

11. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I went to high school with Scott. He used to be a great golfer.

12. 1Turbo

1Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2005
    LA$ VEGA$
    Full Name:
    Jimmy K
    You were 100% Correct !!!

This "Car" didn't come close to passing the PPI. Keep in mind it had a 30K Service only 500 Miles ago.
    The list is so long, i don't have the time or desire to type them all out.
    My advice to potential Buyers : BEWARE
    Also, don't try to save a few $$$.
    PPI ALWAYS !!!

13. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Richard H

Whoa!! Thanks for the heads up ............. I was just looking at that car online, and thought the price was great. Next ................

14. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Thanks for this. I just saw a car I'm interested in at Excell on ebay and am beginning the process of checking it out. I would most certainly plan on doing a PPI, but the warning is useful as it raises a red flag.

Let me say that this is the true value of our community.

Thanks,

CW

15. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Man, if this post does not convince you that Scottie is about as helpful as anyone, nothing will! A friend to the Fchat community, have a beer on me at the next event.
    BT