NSX's new engine annouced today | Page 5 | FerrariChat

NSX's new engine annouced today

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by nsxnick, Jul 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Da Hapa

Da Hapa Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Dana Point, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian Asis
    Again... irrelevant. I have nothing but respect for the C5 Z06, the Viper and the Elise. And I'm sure that the C6 ZO6 is going to be an absolute monster. But other than the Z06... you're really comparing apples to oranges.

Why? Have you ever actually driven a Viper or an Elise? Again, amazing performance cars that magazine stats say will run with or flat out smoke an NSX. But... how hard are they to drive? Would most people even consider taking one on a road trip? Can you even put luggage in them? And how comfortable are they on even short trips.

My experience in Vipers (granted the old body style and not the new one) and the amazing little Lotus is that they are amazing but they will beat the living **** out of you on the street. And good luck taking one for a trip on less than perfect roads and for a trip longer than an hour. I drove an S2000 every day for quite some time but I couldn't see myself driving an Elise every day.

The NSX accelerates very well, handles well, has good brakes and can be driven hour after hour in comfort. And you can actually put some luggage in the trunk.

2. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I don't know, he is probably lighter and has 438 HP. I would race it, but I would not be sure of a victory. If I had a 6-speed it would be a different story. No smack from me on that one.

3. 1SICKLEX

1SICKLEX Karting
    BANNED

Jul 26, 2004
    Everywhere
    Full Name:
    Mike
    By the time the NSX gets a V-10, the 911 may become a V-8.

4. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I love threads like this so I can figure out who's ignorant despite claiming to be an enthusiast and deserves a place on the block list.

Sunny

5. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Punt...let's see the pics!

6. michaelCTSC

michaelCTSC Formula Junior

Jul 25, 2005
    East Brunswick, NJ
    Full Name:
    Michael Lasko
    I never claimed to be intellegent...

7. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    So true Sunny, so true brothaman!

I don't even want to know who made the argument, "the NSX has no soul." ROFL..there is always one.

8. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Sherpa23 called him out and he has vanished.....he must be out in the garage with the didital camera.....heh.

9. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Dude!!!! Where have you been!!!!!!

10. amgnsx

amgnsx Rookie

May 9, 2005
    v10.. ahhhhhhhhhhh
    Cant wait!!!!

11. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Ehmm..., although I'm not a fan of either Honda or Senna but surely you've heard of them pairing in the F1 right? :D

12. MCM

MCM Rookie

Aug 1, 2005
    "the NSX has no soul."
    Only a few folks here could drive a well prepared NSX 6 near its potential.
    Let alone a 10. Isn't bench racing fun!
    (Safe too!) LOL LOL
    Now, back to the spec's in the magazines!
    That's what counts, right? LOL LOL

13. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Can anyone imagine what people will say if in 1991 the NSX has a different badge on the hood, let's say a *Raging Bull* instead of the "H".
    I bet no one will say the car is soulless.

14. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    the bottom line with the nsx is that is was and is a great sports car with a great design....the car is blast to drive and is a true drivers car...it is also true that sales have trickled down to almost nothing, mainly due to newer sports cars and new technology over the past 15years...honda only did relatively minor upgrades to the nsx.....so i while i wouldnt consider buying a new one for 89k, or 75-80k with a discount, a nice used nsx for under 50k would be a great sports car for the money.....its fine if someone prefers a new vette or boxster s or a used 911 or m3 instead, these are also great sports cars..with todays current crop great sports cars, its all just a matter of personal driving style and taste.....

15. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    WHAT? Honda was in F1? That wasn't Honda, that was Hyandai. People get them confused a lot.

Who cares about Senna! He was an idiot for not driving a Porsche!

16. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    My bad, it was either Hyundai or Holden. And they are better than Hondas anyway.

17. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #117 Mark(study), Aug 9, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    F1 was at its best when you had TWO GREAT DRIVERS (Prost and Senna) fighting from lap #1 all the way to the finish line.

The NSX's fine-tuning was born from these fights and Senna's test driving.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Mark, your pictures are fakes. Everyone knows they were Porsche's.

19. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #119 Mark(study), Aug 10, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I think he left the building when he was called out. Guess we have to stop playing. :(

21. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

Perhaps more cubes? Viper make 500/500 by accident with it's old fashioned V10. How sweet would a Honda V10 with DOHC and 500cu be?

22. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

So did the Gallardo copy the Ford V10 that it has been putting into it's trucks for how long? Go back to trolling Lpower.

23. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    From Autoweek.com. The NSX may get AWD.

NSX successor may get all-wheel drive in addition to V10, Honda says
    YUZO YAMAGUCHI | Automotive News
    Posted Date: 8/16/05
    TOKYO - Honda Motor Co. is looking at installing its high- performance all- wheel- drive system in the successor to the Acura NSX.

The new car, which will be powered by a V10 engine, is scheduled to arrive about 2008.

"Of course, we're thinking" about combining all-wheel drive with the V10, says Takeo ***ui, Honda's president. "The SH-AWD is Honda's core technology, and using this well is the next step."

The company says SH-AWD - short for Super Handling All-Wheel Drive - is the first awd system to distribute optimum torque between the front and rear wheels and between the left and right rear wheels.

It was first installed on the Acura RL last fall. After its debut, ***ui said Honda would be looking to use it on other high-performance Acuras.

During aggressive driving, as much as 70 percent of the torque is delivered to the rear wheels, the company says.

During a high-speed turn, the differential also sends as much as 100 percent of the rear-wheel torque to either wheel. This improves traction and helps avoid spinouts.

In the United States, Acura sold 10,173 RLs this year through July, up from 3,149 in the same period of last year.

The company has said that the NSX successor won't be front drive, meaning it will be either rear drive or awd. Production of the NSX will stop at year end. The NSX and the S2000 are Honda's only rwd cars.

24. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    First since Mitsubishi did it in 1998 with Active Yaw Control on the Evo V?
    Good idea, none the less.

What reporter asked this question? DUH!

25. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    What about the Skyline? That was probably before Mitsu, even...