A Troll by any other name ***** | FerrariChat

A Troll by any other name *****

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by writerguy, Aug 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    #1 writerguy, Aug 16, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ya know we have actually been remarkably easy on this one. Just there were others around who warranted more direct action.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68498
    Now after all this time is your "Mistry" product ready to be reviewed? or is that Reviled.

SBA loan for minority and women owned business
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69928
    A business opportunity has arisen that I'd like to take advantage of. I'm working as a representative for two people, an hispanic woman and a black male. Both are independant owners of businesses in the same sector, and both are looking to partner together to purchase a larger business within the same sector.
    I'm doing all of the leg work. This started simply as a search for cheap commercial land and a building contractor, but I stumbled across an already established business that I think they should purchase.
    The business is selling for $1.5mm, and the owner will carry $500k for 5 years. The two partners will therefore need an addition $1mm to make the purchase.
    I do not know if the sale price includes real estate, and I doubt that it does. I also do not know if it includes a long-term lease, and I am assuing that it does.
    Both partners have considerable experience in the business, as they each own smaller versions of it. Do they stand a reasonable chance of picking up a $1mm SBA guaranteed loan? My inclination would be to say yes: both are minorities, one is a woman, and they have great credit and good experience in the business.
    Any thoughts?

One hits me right away... Did you go to the Gentry school of dreams?

or then there is this nugget of wisdom
    Quote:Originally Posted by Mr Payne
    Berkeley offers one. You must transfer into after two years and you must have a 3.8 GPA I believe...
    and then
    in PR
    and then the others in http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70668
    I can't even begin to start pulling those apart

Now WHO ARE YOU REALLY? and more importantly I am having trouble keeping my whites white what do you use on your hood?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Good call! I've seen some of this clown's posts and although he's annoyed me I certainly didn't see any of the posts you have linked to. From the way he's going I don't think it'll be long before he starts in on the blacks and the Irish. :rolleyes:

3. ****

**** Karting
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    S. Polychronopolis
    LOL. I'm no racist. I've just been subject to the PC rules of modern bureacracy.

SBA loans aren't given to whites, according to what people in the Business section have said. If you want to claim racism, why not quote them as well? My boss (the black guy) happens to own a small car lot, and he's partnered up with an undocumented hispanic who owns a car lot (but it is in his hispanic g/f's name because he's undocumented). They wanted to sell both their small lots and buy a bigger one. No mystery there.

I went to UCLA, and got into Berkeley. I knew a number of people who applied to Haas. A 3.8 will not get you in, unless you are an Under Represented Minority.

Plain and simple facts.

I'm not quite sure what you are getting at, but I am far from a racists. I'm also no gentry - I have nothing to my name (save for a worthless degree in history), I drive a POS car, I have less than $200 bux in my bank account, I'm not trying to bilk anyone out of any money.

Sorry if I've offended you.

4. ****

**** Karting
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    S. Polychronopolis

Are you serious?

What an unwelcoming bunch you guys are. I've been civil in Business and Civil in Off-Topic. I may have ruffled some feathers in P&R, but nothing awful or against the grain of every other heated debate there.

Are you just annoyed at my name? Why? Because you don't know what it means?

You guys are too scarred from past people like Gentry. Here I come, just some dude, not making any claims of my wealth, my riches, nothing, and you start a damn witch-hunt.

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks!

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I haven't seen any indication he's misrepresenting himself. In fact, he's quite straightforward.

6. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Same here

7. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Yeah, Ditto on that. Jim, sorry, I know you've been irritated with this guy but I just don't think he's trolling.

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    So...his mother named him ****?

9. ****

**** Karting
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    S. Polychronopolis
    Hey, In all fairness, this place does get a bunch of folks claiming to have certain things, or to be involved in high $$ ventures, trying to either scam or just look for attention. It's no surprise that users here are edgy. I'm not too concerned about that.

What does concern me, however, is the white robes and claims of racism. I grew up in a fairly progressive conservative family that did its best to instill a sense that skin color means nothing. I've never used skin color to influence how I see or treat other people, although I have seen how state and federal governments use skin color to treat other people (a whole different can of worms).

It is honestly quite offensive to be linked with the KKK, and for Senna to mention that he's fully expecting me to start making racist claims about black and irish people. I don't expect any sort of apology or anything, and I don't think one needs to be made. But making those sorts of accusations about someone are pretty offensive. I'd hope that future accusations made against new users can be fully backed up and made without any doubt.

Internet communities are crazy places - I only hope that my future conduct here warrants a rethinking of the previous statements made about me. Other than that, no worries! :)

10. ****

**** Karting
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    S. Polychronopolis

No, but she calls me that quite often!

I chose to remain anyomous for exactly this reason. In the P&R section, a user chpped up one my posts and quoted me as saying "Jews are awful." Of course, it was taken completely out of context and misused, but why would I want something like that following my real name around? In the thread, I was defending Jews and the actions of Israel, but my quote makes me look like an anti-semite.

Also, Writeguy has now linked my name to the KKK, and Senna thinks I hate non-whites. For what reason? Nothing more than a witch hunt? Why would I want anyone to know my real name when users can start malicious rumors about me or twist things I've written.

I really don't want to be a negative user here -- I would like to contribute to the community in a positive way. I suppose I'll just have to find a way to make myself less of a target for wary users here.

11. Poweredbyme91

Poweredbyme91 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2004
    Now in San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Hector Silva
    Guys, leave Gentry alone.

12. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have to agree on this one.

13. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Fair enough, watch the race card. I have been wrong before but the spydy senses have been tickled... (remember guys I have a pretty good nose for Trolls)

14. ****

**** Karting
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    S. Polychronopolis

Hope all is well from here on out. But if you have any other problems with me, let me know via PM and lets see if we can work it out before it gets too far.

Thanks for the back up guys.

15. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    **** IM A WATCHING YOU

ILL GIVE YOU BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT RIGHT NOW, NOTHING CRAZY SO FAR..

BUT, ONE STEP OUT OF LINE, YOU ARE GOING TO GET WHACKED, NJ STYLE

WELCOME

BRUCE

16. ****

**** Karting
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    S. Polychronopolis

Bruce, you're a respected member here, and the last think I want is you after me. Let me know if I get out of line anywhere, and I'll do what I can to make things right.

And.....GET OFF THE SAUCE, A$$NIPS.

17. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    YES!!!!!

18. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    ..GET OFF THE SAUCE, A$$NIPS."

THAT JUST GAVE ME YOUR IDENTITY..

BRUCE

19. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
  20. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S
    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!!!

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Run for the hills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taking another bite at the FerrariChat apple, eh?

DM

21. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Nibbles

Jim was right

22. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I knew I liked ****'s posts for some reason.

23. ****

**** Karting
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    S. Polychronopolis
    I don't know if he was right. He's insinuating that I'm a troll. But I haven't been trying to light fires, stir up controversy, or scam anyone.

I'm just an honest guy trying to make my way in the universe.

24. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

Aren't you on off-topic as well? I think I see you there from time to time