16-19" wheel/tire packages for 308 | FerrariChat

16-19" wheel/tire packages for 308

Discussion in '308/328' started by Gary@Ronal, Jul 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gary@Ronal

Gary@Ronal Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Ronal USA offers complete wheel/tire packages for the 308 in 16-19" sizes.
    See some of our recent customers cars at our website--
    http://www.ronalusa.com/cars/ferrari-308gts.html
    We're in Hunt. Beach, CA and ship anywhere..
    and BTW, we do offer wheel-tire packages for most other cars, trucks, suv's and you receive a 20% Discount here...
    IM or call 800-899-1212.

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    cool, wish you had the GTO style wheels :)

3. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    As much as I would like to get new wheels for my 308,
    I'm just not to hip to this design for the 308.

4. Gary@Ronal

Gary@Ronal Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Dave, etc:
    We do offer other styles, w. our 16-19" wheel-tire packages that we offer for the 308, etc.
    We show our top of the line LZ, 2 pc multi piece wheel--that fits in a variety of staggered sizes in 17-19" sizes.

We also show the red 308 w. 16" RT one piece wheel...this fits 16-18" sizes.
    To see our wheels go to www.ronalusa.com
    WHEEL STYLES SECTION
    R7--fits 16-18"
    R38--fits 16-18"
    R39--fits 16-18"
    RT--fits 16-18"
    LV--fits 16-18"
    R41--fits 16-18"
    These wheels above, are one piece wheels and you'd have to run the same size front and rear, or one size larger ie: 16x7.5 front and 17x8" rear.
    THE LZ is only wheel that can accomodate the LARGER WIDER tire sizes, commonly used.
    IM for questions, etc.

5. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    I love ads.

6. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    #6 Mike C, Jul 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Gary,
    Could I put 17x8 R7 front and rear and with what size tires fit?
    and of course whats the cost for wheels in silver?
    thanks
    Bill

8. MJTSUB

MJTSUB Rookie

Jun 13, 2005
    Haverford, PA
    Full Name:
    MIKE
    #8 MJTSUB, Jul 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    OOPs I meant R41
    Gary,
    Could I put 17x8 R41 front and rear and with what size tires fit?
    and of course whats the cost for wheels in silver?
    thanks
    Bill

10. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Does that price include the spacers and bolts? I called about the LZ wheels and the price I was quoted was higher than the price listed on the web site, minus the 20% discount (this was ~2-months ago). If you run the math for the 17x8 ($455) and 17x9 ($505) LZ wheels you get $1536 but I was quoted closer to $1700. When I asked about it I was told the addition was for the spacers and bolts to fit the 308 (I'll also note that the prices have gone up slightly since I called).

The site descriptions say offsets b/w 0-47mm but nothing about added costs for bolts and spacers. In fact, your pricing page clearly states "Wheel-tire packages come mounted and balanced with correct mounting hardware for ease of installation".

Just asking, not accusing or anything like that.

Thank You

11. Gary@Ronal

Gary@Ronal Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Ronal USA offers a 20% Discount on their WHEELS to Ferrari Club members, which has been openly stated numerous times. We also extend the same offer to viewers here. You must indentify your source and you'll receive the discount..! For specific pricing, based on your vehicle, call 800-899-1212 or IM for specific answers to questions...

12. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    The discount applies to the wheels only. Thank you for the response to my question.

Sean

13. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Gary@Ronal: How about posting the associated wheel weight for the various sizes/styles?

14. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    What the market needs is a BBi replacement ( non-metric ) wheel in an era suitable style. Ronal quality at their reasonable price. Step up to the plate ?

15. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Gary (and Sean):

I'm confused... why would a custom fitment true 2-piece wheel like the LZ require *any* spacers at all? Wouldn't Ronal be building them to the proper offset so none are required?

16. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    When I called to get prices, the price they quoted included the mounting hardware, which I was told was spacers and bolt. If you need spacers, you're going to need new bolts as the old ones will likely be too short. When you look at the numbers I was given, that's really a pretty small cost for 20-bolts and 4-spacers. Try getting them made on your own and see what the cost is.

I would think, for cost reasons, they'd make a few offsets, and use spacers to make up the difference. To make a wheel of that quality, in relatively small numbers, it would be very costly to do so on a custom basis. There's nothing wrong with spacers. Lots of poeple use them.

17. mauibum

mauibum Rookie

Sep 27, 2003
    Aldie, VA
    Full Name:
    Jim Morris
    I now have a few miles on my new Ronal wheels and I am very happy with my choice. I went with the 1 piece RT "Twin" wheels in 16x7.5 which made for a very economical replacement of my 390mm metric rims from hell.

Gary has posted a few of my pictures on the Ronal USA site if anyone is interested in what they look like mounted. (I'm the red 308)

http://www.ronalusa.com/cars/ferrari-308gts.html

18. idoc

idoc Karting

Apr 30, 2005
    Westchester,New York
    Full Name:
    Steve
    How about GTO style wheels? Anyone?

19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's really the best idea, IMO...16 x 7.5 is the right size, until the later 328s went with 16 x 8 rears......if you go any shorter on the sidewalls you'll tear up the bottom of your car if on the street (or maybe off in the grass!)

I have OEM 14"s and aftermarket 16"s for both mine!

But I do a lot of lug wrench spinning on show weekends!

20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You can put any size wheel you want on the road, but note your spare tire carrier remains the same size.....

I know it's not a big thing in SoCal, but here in Texas in can sometimes be a long walk, with a cactus spike in a flat, ya know?

21. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    I wish that RT came in a 16x7 and 16x8", but 7.5" doesn't seem like to bad of a compromise..

22. Gary@Ronal

Gary@Ronal Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    As most of you know, Ferrari cars have different offsets, w. most having the 5x108mm bolt pattern.
    We customize our offsets to the car, and customers wishes. In most cases, we can customize the offset---meaning how far in or OUT the wheel sits from the mounting surface.
    In most cases, we can push the wheel/tire combo a bit more to the outside from stock position---usually w. a wider tire/wheel combo. This makes the vehicle more stable, sits flatter in turns, better braking, and overall more secure while driving.
    One can look at an in-line view of your own vehicle---and ask, YOURSELF, how would the car look if the wheels were in line w. the fender. The older cars are notorious for having their wheels tucked inboard quite a bit. Our solutions, offer better handling and appearance.
    In light of the term spacer---I thought I would clarify our "RONAL" definition of spacer. We use a hubcentric system, meaning---the spacer (adaptor) fits into the back of the wheel "HUBCENTRICALLY" and attached to the wheel. The mounting opening is hubcentric to the hub of the car. Longer bolts are supplied accordingly. This hub-centric fitment, eliminates any issues of shimmy, vibration, etc.---as w. the "old days spacers", which were nothing more than a large washer w. five holes in it----which didn't make the wheel hub-centric and did cause shimmy, vibrations, etc.
    To read more about wheel fitment, I'd suggest reading the article at
    www.ronalusa.com
    SHOPPING for NEW WHEELS?
    BTW, our spacer/adaptor system is the same as we make for Lorinser, Brabus, Hartge, AC SCHNITZER, AMG, Alpina wheels, etc. It is a TUV approved method of changing offsets, in a safe manner.