Any interesting cars at Algar right now? | FerrariChat

Any interesting cars at Algar right now?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by SefacHotRodder, Aug 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm thinking about heading down there on Wednesday. Is the Superamerica still there?

2. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    from what i have heard, superamerica is gone, and the place is basically empty except for a 430 and 2 maseratis

3. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  4. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    I still suggest you go. You might get lucky and get there when something is being delievered or if they restock the showroom.

5. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    yeah. I'm annoyed i didn't get down to see the superamerica

6. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    I might stop by tomorrow. I'll be the kid in the german t-shirt.

7. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'd be going later in the week. Probably thursday

8. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    its really bare right now. 430 in the showroom. 2 360s. 2 550s. Mondial and 4 masers.

9. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

:(

10. cs s60

cs s60 Karting

May 16, 2005
    PA
    I dont mean to ask a dumb question, but it sounds like your going just to see whats there, and they dont mind? I always figured I would get kicked out if I couldnt afford one and just wanted to look around.

11. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

As long as you are polite, stay out of the way, and don't annoy a customer, they tend not to mind. At least in my experience. I've been there several times when young guys were looking at the cars. Just don't come in a large group, that, I'm sure, will get you tossed pretty quickly.

After all, the kid looking at a car today, might have a dad looking for a car, or come back in 5 years and buy one of his own.

Also, every car they have can be seen through the window. Sundays are great for Ferrari window shopping.

DM

12. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

I've been to so many car dealerships, i'm not "afraid" of walking in and looking around. I usually know a lot about the cars so if me and a sales guy get talking, he'll realize i'm an enthusiast. 2nd, i usually dress nice. This may sound like a silly thing, but its important. I'd never go in in jeans and a t shirt. I wear either a shirt (semi-casual) or polo and some nice shorts or pants. I'm always polite too and ask if i can take pics. I sometimes ask if i can sit in a car and i've only been turned down once that i can remember (in England i asked someone if i could sit in the Porsche GT1 they had. The guy said no becuase they get little kids asking all the time so its their policy to say no and the car wasn't theirs, it was on consignment. Thats understandable).

So basically, be nice, polite and as Dave said, don't get in their way or annoy them, you're fine ;)

13. cs s60

cs s60 Karting

May 16, 2005
    PA
    Thanks for the replies, appreciate it. Might go window shop on Sunday first!!

14. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  15. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    i do. I just went for a spirited ride in the TL and some how ended up driving by Algar. Its like beacon for me.