Car vs. Man, The Ultimate Compilation NWS!! | FerrariChat

Car vs. Man, The Ultimate Compilation NWS!!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by LexusEnthusiast, Aug 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LexusEnthusiast

LexusEnthusiast Karting

Aug 14, 2005
    Long Island, NY
  2. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    dude that is messed up !!!!!!!!!!

3. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
  4. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    OMG, sorry I watched that.

5. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm never going to crew at a race again.

Or walk across a street for that matter.

is it just me, or are the really slow ones much worse?

C.

6. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    I keep pondering on buying a bike, but after seeing that one car just run right up on the group of bikes makes me think twice.

7. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    All the clips are candidates for America's Nastiest Home Videos...

Sunny

8. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Tip: Stand on the inside of a corner!

9. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I did grid marshall duties for a certain aftermarket auto tuner I worked for. I was minding my own business when 5ft away a guy was revving as a crew chief walked infront of him, his foot came off the pedal and wham!

10. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Did the first guy to get hit by a formula 1 car split in half in air? It looks like he did.

11. NY550

NY550 Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2005
    Long Island
    dude niraj did get that from me

12. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    i think so. either that or that or something inside didnt rip all the way but thats just what it looks like to me.

any idea on how many of these actually resulted in death?

the ones where the people flip several times are the worst.

13. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I defenatly regret watching that. I turned it off after I saw two people watching a rally car get plowed by it.

14. acehole

acehole Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Axel
    Oh dear..

I am definately being more vigilant on the road in the wet because of this..

15. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    1977 South-African GP. One of the most horrific accidents ever in Formula 1 history, Welshmen Tom Pryce was killed. Crap like this should not be glorified by any means, I wish I hadn’t clicked that link.

16. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Ditto (Now go to bed William)

17. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Only a lexus piece of crap entusiast would take pleasure from another persons plight. Absolutely disgusting and shameful!

18. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    In that last clip with the guy spinning around in the road...it looked like the guy filming then ran over his body again! WTF?!?

19. LexusEnthusiast

LexusEnthusiast Karting

Aug 14, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    LMFAO @ flaming me on this one. You didn't have to click the link, and when in the hell did I say that I take pleasure from viewing this?

Just another stereotype and opinion formed of me, because of the car that I drive. Thanks for your INSIGHTFUL comments.

Enough of you.

20. acehole

acehole Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Axel
    Thats right biatch :)

21. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Imperial, don't bring Lexus into the equation, Spicy has one and likes it a lot.

This kid's just a dip$hit for making that comment, his car choices have nothing to do with it...

22. LexusEnthusiast

LexusEnthusiast Karting

Aug 14, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Thank you...and sorry if my use of the word "incredible" was misinterpreted. I didn't mean incredible as in incredibly cool, the word has more than one meaning. I meant incredible, as in unbelievable to watch.

What's more incredible is that while some of the images were horribly graphic, many of the people shown walked away from the incidents. A few of those have been on TV shows like "America's wildest police videos" and things.

23. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

Watching something like that makes you realize how lucky we are to be walking and breathing. The human body is incredibly fragile. I cannot imagine the guilt and grief you would feel if you accidentally hit someone, regardless of who was at fault.

There are different levels of disturbing in that video if you ask me. Any preventable injury or death that occurs is sad.

For the spectators watching the WRC? Standing on the outside of the turn is akin to running with the bulls. Putting yourself in danger is part of the excitement. That doesn't make them any less dead of course. Group B was killed off in part becuase of these types of accidents.

The pit crews and cornerworkers who were hit or killed during the race shots? Again it is obviously unfortunate, however whenever you combine incredible speeds within tight confines it is impossible to ensure 100% safety. They were just doing their job, and it is still a tragedy.

The clip of the motorcycle running into the back of the bus? I have seen that on a few police chase shows. If it is the one I am think of, the guy was running from the cops. I have little sympathy (he gets up and continues to run on foot BTW).

The clips of pedestrians being ran over by trucks, cars, and buses? Chilling.

Probably the ones which I indentify with the most, was the cars plowing into motorcycles stopped at a light. I watched it last night, and cannot get it out of my head. It is a beautiful day here after 3 days of rain.

I drove my car, and watched carefully for pedestrians. It is also the first day of school.

24. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Ugh! Very disturbing.

25. Mario Gonzalez

Mario Gonzalez Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Out of my mind