Should I Buy | FerrariChat

Should I Buy

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by J.murray, Aug 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. J.murray

J.murray Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 9, 2005
  2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Never pay more than sticker just to be one of the first kids on the block to have something. To do so would be a mistake.

3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Wise counsel. If you need an example, check out Lotus Elise prices which went from a scalper's market last year (pay to wait in line, pay a $10K+ premium, take whatever color we happen to get) to basic retail this year.

4. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    With that amount I would go with a 550 Barchetta

5. PerryJ

PerryJ Formula 3

Jun 5, 2003
    N. Alabama
    Full Name:
    John Perry
    there are ton's of low mile 360 spiders for sale in the 180-200 range.

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    A 360? Don't think he is exactly going to be the first kid on the block with one. More like arriving late to the party.

I wouldn't pay that much for a 360. No way, no how.

7. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    It would be a huge mistake.

8. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    There ar a ton of 360s for sale this appears on the high side if you are not desperate to buy I would sit tight and either find a better deal or until the prices bottom out.

Martin

9. goldyF355

goldyF355 Formula 3

May 30, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Steve G.
    The seller in this case is looking for a sucker...dont be one!

How about a Challenge Stradale for 190-210k?

A much sweeter proposition, me thinks!

10. J.murray

J.murray Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 9, 2005
    I wanted to thank you for all the advice and to let you all know I am no longer looking at this 360. Been way too busy at work to research but should have some time coming up soon. Thanks again.

JM

11. h00kem

h00kem Guest

Dec 15, 2004
    Texas
    Never pay more than sticker...unless you want the car. It's not an investment, it's and emotional buy. It's not a financial decision, it's and emotional decision. After all, who really needs a Ferrari for any purpose other than to feed the soul? Let's face it, it is a luxury for all of us. Therefore, the real question is how much are YOU willing to pay for the car, not whether the car is worth more or less than someone else is willing to pay.

With that said however I would recommend that you look at the CS a member has for sale on this site. Looks to me to be a really outstanding car and having owned both the 360 Modena and the 306 Spider I would opt for the Modena first everytime...the CS is a big step above that.

12. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    And, while you are looking at this website, don't pass up the chance to look at the 328 that they have listed for only $565,000!

1989 Ferrari 328 Gts
    $565,000
    Am/fm cd. Belt service completed at 28K miles in Sept of '04. Lease options available. Contact Joan E Milano x233

13. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    But one 360 weighs more than a ton! ;)