Ferrari Lover Gift Suggestions | FerrariChat

Ferrari Lover Gift Suggestions

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Ferrari-Girlfriend, Aug 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari-Girlfriend

Aug 18, 2005
    Hi Everyone-

My boyfriend is a Ferrari lover and owner and his birthday is just around the corner. He also enjoys racing and cars in general. I was wondering if anyone has any gift suggestions?? And no, I can't afford to buy him another car!!

thanks!

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    What model Ferrari does he own? We need to start someplace.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    What a nice idea. You came to the right place. Click on the Sponsors link (above right):

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sponsors.php

For smaller items you could check out Cavallino Models and Ferrari Stuff. Then there are all the tuning shops for more serious things and mods.

Every time I have been given a Ferrari related gift, I knew what to do with it. There is no such thing as an unwelcome Ferrari gift.
    :)

4. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    You get him some Ferrari racing gear!
    I have a contact up in Cananda (Phoenix Racing) that sells real F-1 racing clothing and equipment. Some of the stuff can be expensive but it's kool to have. Kevin is a great guy and he will cut prices and a deal if need be.
    I have bought a ton of crew shirts from this guy and it is top notch stuff.

Thanks!
    Vince.

P.S. Maybe we cut a deal for the FOC and see if we can get Ferrari crew shirts for the gang? Hummmm...

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Can I wear Renault instead?
    Just kidding.

6. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    #6 carlagio, Aug 19, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have a lot a cool ferrari things that I bought. Here are a few suggestions:

Tiffany Style Ferrari Lamp $199.00
    Steering Wheel desk clock $30.00
    Coffee Table Books
    Leather Jacket
    Cool signs and clocks-Ebay
    Stuff for the garage -EBAY
    Crystal Model of car _ Mikasa
    Vintage Ferrari Coaster WWW.griotsgarage.com
    Magazine subscriptions to "Forza" a Ferrari Magazine

www.exoticar.com has a ton of cool stuff too..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Cool stuff Carla. But you need a theme room. Oh wait, you're building a garage. Good.
    :)

8. de993

de993 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Where did you get those coasters? I have been looking everywhere for them.

Oops, just saw that you listed that. Sorry...

9. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
  10. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    #10 carlagio, Aug 19, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Someone stop Carla she is out of control! You got some nice stuff there girl!
    Just when you thought you had seen it all out comes a racing toilet seat?
    Skip you need to treat yourself to that!

Renault? Andreas my guy has every F-1 crew shirt in stock so if you want some Renault racing gear I would be happy to help you get it. Just shoot me a pm and let me know if there is something specific you are looking for.

Thanks!
    Vince

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks Vince, very kind of you. Actually I have a Ferrari crew shirt (courtesy of winning FCA's lottery). I only made the Renault comment because Alonso is my hero. I couldn't care less about Renault.

At any rate it is always good to know about people who have special contacts.

13. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Makes me wonder if kids today would even recognize Prost colors if they were to see them in two years time. Obviously the success of the team was nothing but the name involved should have given it a more lasting impression. I was just thinking that the other day no one even remembers that team. I never get bored walking by Prost's old Ferrari at LFSC, but I always hear people looking at it yelling, "whoa, Indy car!" Tom Walkinshaw, what ever happened to him?... so who's to say any American would even know what Renault is despite their history. Nigel Mansell, despite his time here, would most likely be thought of the Mr. Bean show and having some role as a director or something or that guy who played that one dude in "The Great Escape." Only time my expensive Juventus, Man United, Renault, Fila/Puma Ferrari gear is noticed it 75% of the time from someone who was born out of country. Unless its Dale Jr, Rusty or "kill Jeff Gordon" theme, few appriciate it. Oh well, enough ranting.

I am surprised to see Carla and I have the same toys and collections. That meter bank rocks and it once took my banks ten minutes to run the $400 of change I had stuffed in there top to bottom. I like that neon sign, very sharp.

Best racing/Ferrari gift I could suggest, if you live in the area, get him a simple Ferrari cap and take him to Chicago Indoor Racing. Make sure his buddies tag along. Its more expensive than the Wisconsin Dells roadside alternative, but more professionally done and much more satisfying if you win.

RocketBoy

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    If you read interviews with Prost, he is the first who would love to forget that team ever existed.

But to bring the thread back on track: Actually I have a 1/18 Prost-Ferrari F1 car in my collection. And I'm mighty proud of it, wasn't easy to find, especially since there is (already!) some historic confusion on what year exactly the Prost cars used Ferrari engines.

Anybody can buy a Hotwheels Schumacher F1 from 2004. No big deal. But try to find a more rare F1 car like a Johnny Herbert Ferrari powered Sauber.

15. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I'm on it!

I mean.......oh, you know what I mean.

16. Ferrari-Girlfriend

Aug 18, 2005
    wow! thanks everyone. Great ideas! Does anyone know of any "experiences" that are available? Right now he races in the Mazda Formula series so he has a little experience behind the wheel. A couple of years ago for his birthday I took him up to racine wisconsin to ride/fly in a WWII fighter plane. they did aerobatics and he loved it.

thanks again! i can't believe all of the responses i received!

17. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    Hey Carla, I like the glass Testarossa, but I'm a little biased...

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hmm, sounds like a nice segway for me to start bragging (apologies):

I have driven replica CART and IRL race cars with www.driving101.com. Nowadays I believe it is called Andretti racing. Both were fascinating experiences for not too much money and you do get a feel for what these types of race cars are like and what oval racing feels like.

I'm still planning on doing a Petty Racing experience driving a NASCAR in an oval. Haven't done it yet since a friend of mine might actually buy a real car and we'll do it then. NASCAR, IRL and CART can be done in the Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet.

Also I have driven a F1 car in France. That was the best driving experience so far, but also cost a bit more.

In the Bahamas you can get a ride in a real submarine to the bottom of the ocean. Did that once and it was awesome as well and not that expensive.

Finally on a trip to Moscow I got a chance to undergo cosmonaut training in Star City: Simulated Soyuz flight in a centrifuge, ISS docking training, flying acro in a Chech jet trainer, zero-G flight, underwater EVA around the ISS. All those things were booked via Incredible Adventures out of Florida. They do a whole bunch of other experiences, some of them in Florida.

In case he hasn't done this: A basic racing driver school would be a good idea too. Skip Barber does a 3 day class in Road America. Good way to learn the basics. They also do advanced classes as well as "Lapping days" where you can fine tune your race craft.

Let me know if you have any questions, happy to go on about this stuff for hours... :) I also got pics about it all, but didn't want to further hijack this thread.

19. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Kevin's a great guy. Used to talk to him all the time, plus a few purchases.

Girlfriend, is he a fan of F1 racing? Not sure what your budget is, but perhaps you could surprise him with a 3-4-5 day grand prix weekend package to someplace cool, like Spa Belgium next month. I know I'd love it.