senseless vandalism ... | FerrariChat

senseless vandalism ...

Discussion in '360/430' started by h113862, Jul 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. h113862

h113862 Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Wellington/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Callum
    #1 h113862, Jul 18, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    hi,
    I lurk here a lot, but seldom post. just thought that u might be interested in something that happened to one of my ferraris recently. i left it parked on a main street in a large city to visit a client. parked it about 4:00 pm, came back at 5:30 pm and noticed the paint on the passenger door was bubbling in several places - someone decided to spray the car with break fluid! its hard to make out in the photo, but the damage was quite bad. so some prick is wondering around with brake fluid in a water pistol, and gets his jollies by vandalising any nice cars he sees.
    still, it motivated me to get the whole front end resprayed - even went with the 3M car bra. Now she is absolutely gorgeous!!!
    c
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Bad Luck man.

So that is what happen to you kiwi's when the all blacks lose yet another Rugby match to the Wallabies??? Citizen rage?? :)

Seriously, bad luck, and glad it all worked out.

3. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    Every car owners nightmare. People like that should have their fingers broken so that they can not use a water pistol again. Must be mentally deficient.

4. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    f**king kiwis

sorry for the bad luck

rock on

5. h113862

h113862 Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Wellington/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Callum

:) hey, the All Blacks are on fire this year! Wallabies look ok, but they're gonna get a lesson in the first Bledisloe cup test!

Yeah, I did need to get some paint work done anyway, and now it looks absolutely fantastic!

Don't park them on the city streets now, if I can help it.

c

6. Giles3

Giles3 Karting

Sep 17, 2004
    Palmy - New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Matt Giles
    Hey sorry to hear that :(

Mind if i ask what city it was in?

7. h113862

h113862 Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Wellington/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Callum
    Friday afternoon - Tory Street, Wellington.

8. Steve_nero

Steve_nero Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Good God! I'm from Wellington, what's up with people walking around Tory Street vandalising cars - at 4pm!

9. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Its called a A hole...., may he/she lose those fingers in a bad accident !!

10. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    Sorry to see that their are jerks in NZ too.I am crushed I thought that NZ was free from all of this sort of thing,oh maybe I am confusing NZ with utopia.

I am glad to see that their some Ferrari's in NZ I am in the wine business in the US employed by a NZ winery and will be in NZ in January.I am looking forward to my visit.
    DAVID

11. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Sorry to hear of that. Will break fluid eat through modern clear coated paints too? Not sure what is on yours. It's unfortunate that you can't really let these cars out of your site. Next time you'll just have to drive your beater.

12. PrancingHorseFan

PrancingHorseFan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    delaware
    sorry to hear that. damn jealous ******....

13. h113862

h113862 Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Wellington/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Callum
    There are plenty of Ferrari's in NZ. I have heard that NZ has one of the highest Ferrari ownership per capita rates in the world. One of the benefits of having so little 'capita' is the ability to claim senseless statistics like that! :)

c

14. 360fla

360fla Karting

Apr 18, 2005
    Delray Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Marc B.
    That really sucks, sorry to hear it. That's the one thing i'm paranoid about. And that's why, when I can, I usually park my F-car with a valet (up front) and tip them $20 to take care of it. That's not always possible (Which may not have been in your case), if there's no valet then I try to park it in a conspicuous place so that it is in clear view of people (and I try not to park it for too long). Pretty crazy to have to do that but under the circumstances it's usually necessary. There are alot of jealous people out there who wouldn't give a 2nd thought to damaging someone elses property out of spite! You sometimes cannot avoid it.

15. Michael1

Michael1 Karting

Jun 27, 2005
    Newbury Park, CA
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

This sort of thing is why I believe car covers are your best protection. It makes the car lower profile - they often can't tell what it is once the cover is on. Then to vandalize it, the low lifes have to remove the cover. Most of them are too lazy (which is the same reason they don't have jobs).

Michael
    (looking for 355B red/blk 6 speed manual)

16. yellow 355

yellow 355 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2005
    ocean city,nj
    Full Name:
    Ben Murphy
    Here in the US we deal with scum bags like this with swift and brutal punishment. I would post a real good reward for information on these guys. Never takes long the money brings out people who can give you the goods..Then you have a desision the cops or your boys....Here for$500 that water pistol with brake fluid could be fed to them..........OR WORSE!!!! OR JUST TURN THE OUTHER CHEEK!!!!GOOD LUCK

17. jvbjr

jvbjr Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 19, 2005
    15 years ago if someone did that to me and I caught them I would have beaten them to death, and I am not talking idle threat death, I mean I would have choked the life from them w/o a second thought. When you have a Ferrari you have money and so they know they can sue you in the US at least. A friend's wife got her tit pinched by a guy at a produce stand, she screamed and the husband hit the guy ONCE in the face and broke his nose. The husband had to pay everyone off and it cost him $25,000 to not go to jail, the pincher got off with "I'm sorry, I was drunk". You CAN NOT win against someone with nothing to lose, so your only choice is to exploit those people on the bottom rungs of the ladder more.

I think what WalMart does is good business, they exploit people for their benefit, that is good business and helps pay for their jealousy. They are not equal fiancially because they are not intellectually, or motivated, equal. My father could not afford to buy a newspaper to find a job so he took one out of the trash each day and became a multi-millionaire through HARD WORK and 80+ hour weeks for DECADES, like four of them. You want a better life? WORK FOR IT!

18. Cielo

Cielo Karting

Feb 3, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I hate to see anything beautiful damaged for no reason other than resentment and jealousy. What a crime. The previous owner of my 550 had it keyed while at a movie with his son. Cost him plenty to re-paint and cost him more when he sold it. A real shame as he is a really nice guy.

19. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    I am telling you , we need to start Caining <sp> em... that will stop it!

20. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wouldn't it be hard to keep brake fluid in a water pistol since brake fluid melts plastic? Anyway, that sucks. Glad the car was OK. It could have been worse ya know.

21. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    People like this have no right to live.

22. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien

You are aware that you did not make any sense at all, aren't you?

Back on topic ... hang 'em short and high. But the police has better things to do. Like catch you when you speed....