What would you pay for this 328? | FerrariChat

What would you pay for this 328?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Vlad328, Aug 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vlad328

Vlad328 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2004
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Vladimir Zuzukin
    OK, there is a rash of posts on various 328's on the market right now, so I'll add another to the fire. I'm eyeing this 1987 blu chiarro 328 GTS in Houston. 35 K miles, recent belt service and clutch, lots of upgrades including wheels, aftermarket pedals and shift knob, and possibly a Tubi exhaust (I think I read that on one of the ads, as the owner has placed three separate ads on FerrariAds.com). Anyway, here are the links to two of the ads for the car:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/pp-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=592&sort=1&cat=2&page=1

http://www.ferrarichat.com/ferrariads/showproduct.php?product=7&sort=2&cat=11&page=1

Now lets assume the car is in cherry condition as it appears. Owner is asking $46K. What would you consider paying for this car if you were in the market for a 328?

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Not much on blue---but dam that car looks nice. Love the wheels. If it turns out mechanically sound I think that is a very good price. Looks terrific from the pics.

3. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    I think the car used to belong to Chiao_Slag, so you can PM him for further details. I think he went all out to bring the car into the tip top shape that you see now.

4. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    non-red 328's are usually a bit cheaper. This one looks very nice though.

5. alert1

alert1 Karting

Mar 17, 2005
    Anyone know or have a pic of how those rims might look on a red car?

6. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt

If you like you can PR me. I owned that car prior to selling it to the guy in TX. I put most of the updates on the car and yes it has a Tubi exhaust. I know pretty much everything about that car.

7. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    After further consideration. I should give Jerry "Chiaro Slag" more credit here. He changed the carpet, put brown leather on the rear shelf, dyed the interior, installed the stereo, and put the tubi exhaust in along with Hill drilled pedals. The 30k service and a new clutch was done under his watch. I added the Compomotive 17" rims and Yokohama tires, larger sway bars, adjustable coilover adjustable shocks, suede momo steering wheel, custom drilled door sills, test pipe, fender shields, and had the seats redone in a creme leather. Also replaced shift shaft seal and fixed a/c so it works perfect. Car is as nice as it looks and leaked absolutely no oil anywhere.

8. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    #8 brent Lachelt, Aug 20, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had those rims on my 308 before I put them on the 328 in question.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    With all the work done to that car, I think the price is very realistic. I think it looks great in that particular color as well. I think some 328 buyers are looking at their cars more as investment, but this car is a good value for a classic, fun to drive sports car.
    BT

10. alert1

alert1 Karting

Mar 17, 2005
    What are fender shields?

11. Bandit

Bandit Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2003
    Central MS
    Full Name:
    Mike B.
    The yellow Ferrari symbol shields that are placed on each front fender just below the windhield post.

12. JTranfield

JTranfield Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    NYC, London
    Full Name:
    J Tranfield
    The car is well worth the asking price.

13. Vlad328

Vlad328 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2004
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Vladimir Zuzukin
    Guys, not to "dis" the car as I am a fan of blu chiaro (it is actually my favorite color for the 328) and I am most impressed with all the updates and upgrades that the various owners have invested in the vehicle, not to mention that several of the past owners are fellow F-chatters. However, I remember when Jerry Slag was selling this car about a year or so ago when I was a wee lad on FChat. It came to light during the PPI that the car had a history of front end damage repaired but there was still a discernable bent frame. Jerry had no knowledge of this when he bought the car and was somewhat (understandably) upset when this was discovered. He discussed his frustration on FChat at the time. I e-mailed him about this car as it is now for sale again, and he confirmed to me that this was in fact his car and that he is aware of repaired front end damage in the past.

Now I am not writing this to "bad mouth" the car. I am impressed with its condition and the love it has received from recent owners. But part of what FChat is about is sharing known history on vehicles on the market. This car is rightfully attracting some interest from members of this board, and I thought to share this information and the fact that the car is for sale for a third time in one year.

14. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I disagree. I think the modifications done, for the most part, are all things I would like to do with my 348. I think with these cars people should be looking at what makes them more fun to drive and less about keeping them totally original. I am getting the lower panels repainted next week because I like the look of it and don't really care that it does not look factory.
    BT

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Maybe Jerry will be along to explain, but IIRC it wasn't a deformed frame at all. It was a lil' bit of 'field welding' that made it an obvious repair........

It was a re dye on the leather.

That's Luigi's wife's car.......a nice enough driver.

No affiliation......yada yada......I wonder what the lil' lady's gonna drive now, she kept hitting potholes in the Diablo, and those shocks were $1,200 each! ouch!

Drop by for some Booker's, if you get down this way!

16. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You have to really smack these things to bend the frame.....that Suburban spun me 180, and I still finished the weekend in Galveston....

Get the third floor Hot Tub Suite at Moody Gardens, it overlooks the pool.
    Of course, you may not need to look.......

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I saw some ostrich at Tandy's the other day, you could spuce that thing right up! LOL!

18. Inowownone

Inowownone Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2005
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Tom W.
    So, what does this do to the value? I would guess it would have to lower it. Thoughts?

19. Vlad328

Vlad328 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2004
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Vladimir Zuzukin
    My apologies for the inacurate info I posted above. I was going completely off memory from posts one year ago and didn't do an archive search of the actual posts. The past and present owners are of course the best to describe the history and condition of the car.