First time shooting with a film SLR...Thoughts? | FerrariChat

First time shooting with a film SLR...Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by Cesium 911, Aug 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cesium 911

Cesium 911 Rookie

Feb 4, 2005
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    David A
    Like the title says, this was my first time I have ever shot with a film camera. Not only was it my first time ever using a film camera, but it was also my first time using an SLR camera. I can tell I have a ways to go before I am at the level that I want to be at...

Incase you want to know what camera it is, it's a Nikon N75.

(BTW- I had them copied over to digital format at our local Walgreens. I was very pleased with the quality of the picture.)

Let me know what you think...

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Beautiful pictures! im currently saving up for a Digital SLR, looking at a Canon Rebel XT or Nikon D50

3. Cesium 911

Cesium 911 Rookie

Feb 4, 2005
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    David A
    Thanks...

I'm in the same boat...I really want a Nikon D70. I was thinking about the Canon 350D (Digital Rebel XT) but I already have lenses from Nikon and I might as well stay with the same guys...

Another reason I chose the D70 over the 350D is that Canon like to change their f-mounts on a weekly basis...so, if I was ever to get a film SLR from them, I wouldn't be able to use the same lenses...So in my mind, Nikon was the smarter choice for ME.