Here's a Tip | FerrariChat

Here's a Tip

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Westworld, Aug 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    http://www.dehavilland.co.uk/webhost.asp?wci=default&wcp=EntertainmentStoryPage&ItemID=15027271&ServiceID=8&filterid=345221&searchid=234672&category=1

The tipping porsche
    21/08/2005

A Swedish waitress was stunned when she was given a Porsche was a tip.

Josefin Justin, 19, had been working in Njuraanger Cafe in Sundsvall in central Sweden when an elderly customer asked her how old she was.

According to Aftonbladet, when Josefin told the man, who has asked to remain anonymous, he said she could have his Porsche as a tip.

The waitress was understandably suspicious of an elderly man offering her expensive gifts for no ostensible reason, but she said: "I didn't get the feeling he was hitting on me or anything, he just seemed really nice."

The man gave her his phone number, which she called the next day and was told to come and pick it up.

Accompanied by her father, Josefin went to his house and found that while the car was a 1979 Porsche 924, it is still nevertheless a Porsche worth $4,000.

"It needs a little work, a paint job among other things, but we checked it out and everything was fine," the delighted teenager said.

When asked why he had made such a grand and random gesture, the old man said: "I was just sitting there in the restaurant and looked her in the eyes and saw an angel and thought to myself 'the Porsche, she should have it'."

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    What's the big deal? I gave away my F430 Spider spot last week to a schoolteacher. Afterall, children are our future.

3. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I give my ride to pretty 19 year old waitresses all the time. The most recent one lied about her age, thankfully I was suspicious enough to ask someone else for verification, and tossed her number into the trash then and there. I'm not joking either! :D

Sunny

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Vik - you are a champion of great values. Such generosity and car-ma shall not go unnoticed. :D

--Dan

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    What? Too old for you? :D

--Dan

6. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Maturity wise among other things, yeah. :D

Sunny

7. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Hmmm, 924?

Water pump was probably about ready to let go, he didn't give it away as a tip, he just wanted to get rid of it!

8. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    What's the big deal? Plenty of men give their ex-wives cars all the time!