430 Tire Pressure Monitor | FerrariChat

430 Tire Pressure Monitor

Discussion in '360/430' started by LouB, Aug 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    I checked it off on my option list. Anyone have it? Likes it? I was told it reads actual pressure rather than alerts when a minimum is reached. How do the readings compare to hand gage readings?

2. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    My dealer told me not to get it, as it is still not troublefree. Also it's said to produce high costs when replacing sensors. :(

3. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    You are buying a high performance car and the only thing between you and the road are your tires. Tire pressure impacts performance and unless you are prepared to check daily and sometimes hourly the tire presurre monitor is god sent. I wager in the future every car will be equipped with the device.

It warns you if the inflation/ deflation of the tire are dangerously low. Now who would not want that?

4. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    It does read actual tire pressures. I didn't order it for the same reason mentioned in the above post, so I can't tell you whether (in truth) it works trouble free. I've had problems with this option on other cars I've owned. Hopefully, it will work just fine on the 430.

5. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    I agree. Worst case scenario is the system is a pain in the neck while they work out the bugs and they you update software or some minor hardware. I love having TPM systems in my vehicles. Unfortunately the system in the vehicles I have is the passive variety, but something is better than nothing. You should also be vigilant about checking your tire pressures when the tires are new and also when the air temp changes drastically.

Best regards,
    Jerry

6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    It's standard equipment on my 612. I think it is really worth while.

7. deeroff

deeroff Karting
    BANNED

Jan 19, 2004
    I had not thought too much about it until I had a nail in my tire -- And given that I drive at speeds fairly above posted, I am glad I had a warning - Even if it was a "false positive" on balance, I think it is a damn good idea.

8. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have in my 575, dealer told me it was not always correct, but so far it has been on the money everytime. I'm glad I have it.

9. deanger

deanger Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    It was standard, I think. They system is fine. Easy to use. Read the car owner's manual for how to calibrate it whenever the system goes down (battery disconnected for service...etc). It is not hard to do.

I liked it and found it useful -- mainly to monitor trends in tire pressure.