PPI Help @ Ron Tonkin | FerrariChat

PPI Help @ Ron Tonkin

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Sloan83qv, Aug 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    I have a friend who will be travelling from Florida to Ron Tonkins on Friday/ Sat. to look at a 1997 355 and would like to know if anyone it the area out there that is knowlegable with 355's could go with him and assist him in checking out the car. He is schedule to be at the dealer on Saturday Morning.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul Sloan

2. Bruce McKinney

Bruce McKinney Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Tigard, OR
    Full Name:
    Bruce McKinney
    Paul,

If you can swing it for Friday, I would have the car inspected by Craig Nelson at The Jag Shop. 5710 E. Burnside. (503) 731-9919. (Jag, Land Rover & Ferrari). Not too far of a drive from RTGT.

He used to be a mechanic/tech at RTGT and has gone independent. VERY QUALIFIED person and I know I saw his 355 certification documents on the wall in his shop. Problem is, he has a VERY BUSY shop and trying to get in last-minute on Friday might be tuff.

If its the silver/blue 355 at RTGT, its a beautiful car - but my only 355 owner friend I know lives in California.

Good luck!

Bruce

3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I'll second the recommendation of Craig Nelson. If he's not available, you should try Dick Guthrie at ATD-- 503-232-5401. Dick is mainly an older car guy, but I'm sure he could give you an opinion on a 355.

4. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Bruce and Don,

Thanks for response...I have past the info on to my friend.

Paul

5. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    I was there today to watch the F1 race, but unfortunately no one got it taped so there was no show.... obviously. But what the hey, I got to take the Dino for a spin anyway. (like I need an excuse :D) But I did get a chance to browse around abit and did see the 355, beautiful. And also actually hear it run too. It sounds and looks great! I think your friend will be very pleased. All the folk's at RTGT are great, I believe the trip will be a great experiance. I've met Dick Guthrie (ATD) before, very nice guy and has been around for along time. He's actually worked on my car for the previous owners, can't go wrong there. I've never met Craig Nelson (that I know of) but If he's recomended here, your friend will be in good hands. Too bad you could'nt make the trip with him. I would love to help but I don't know anything about a 355 other than what I've read. And of course that they are very awsome cars indeed. I wish your friend the best in his trip to the Great Northwest.

Cheers !

Kurt

There is nothing like a Ferrari, there never has been and never will be!