Lurkers -- come out and play | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Lurkers -- come out and play

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GrigioGuy, Feb 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chase265

Chase265 Rookie

Aug 9, 2005
    OC
    Hello all, my first post here. Not a Ferrari owner yet, currently driving a 2000 3 series BMW. My name is Hoang, coming up on the big 30 in age. My dream car is the 360 Challenge Stradale. I am from Orange County California.

2. simon308

simon308 Rookie

Dec 2, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Hi. I've been lurking around for awhile now. I've been a Ferrari lover for quite some time now. Hopefully in about 20 years or so I'll have one of my own.

Simon

3. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    There are all kinds of folks on this site. Most have good intentions, some can use the English language fluently. Some have no clue! I am a 70 year old owner of a "72 Dino" who believes.

Hang loose; Add if you have the skill and the facts. Shut up if you don't. Nothing wrong if complaining about someone who blew it. We are here to help those who drive these "toys". They really are not "toys" and we are not "uncaring idiots"; Ferrari is an icon that works. The cars drive!. Keep it going!

Most of us think Ferrari does pretty well and put our money and soul on the line! Welcome aboard.

John,

4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Hi...

My name is Crinoid and...

and I have a lurking problem.

I will be attending Monza this year and am very excited. I visted Marranello last november and cannot get back fast enough.

I am not an owner but maybe one day that will change.

5. kyleseyz

kyleseyz Karting

Jan 24, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    well, I've been lurking on this board for around 6 months, and while a German car owner like me (BMW M3) should keep his jealous italian fantasies a secret, here I am!

My name is Kyle Hovenkotter, I am 19 and from the Seattle area, I am currently attending the University of Washington and I am always tracking my M3 at Pacific Raceways, Spokane raceways, Portland etc. I love to tag along to the dyno days the local F-club holds and I am madly in love with all italian cars!

Seeing as I will have a real good nest egg when I am done with school (I am lucky enough to have a saturated college fund and really generous grandparents!) I have decided the first thing I am going to do when I get a nice job is to buy a red 355 Berlinetta! I have always been in love with the 355, and they are becoming available and dare i say it, reasonable in price! It's a timeless classic and I would be honored to have it as my first Ferrari! Well until then I get myself acquainted and start some research!

6. mpatrizio

mpatrizio Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2004
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Mike P.
    I've been lurking for a while and post occasionally in the Florida region thread.

I also have owned numerous BMW M-cars and one British POS. I figure the British will have prepared me well for anything to expect from an F-car.

I've recently contacted Martin about finding me a nice 355 GTS. I'm building a house and I can't pull the trigger until I have a garage to keep the car in!!!

It's been torture!!!

After the 355, I would like find a 550, perhaps I'll keep them both!!! But for some reason, I think my wife may not approve of 2 F-cars!!!

7. justmark

justmark Rookie

Aug 4, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My name is Mark...I live in Chicagoland (DG to be specific)...honestly I registered to be able to view all of the attached pictures...will I own a F-car one day? Hard to say realistically as I would rather payoff my condo first but it won't stop me from looking!

8. gofaster

gofaster Rookie

Aug 15, 2005
    Im a 16 yrs old High school student in Illinois right out side ST. Louis. I would love to have a ferrari but for the most part i am an all around gear head, having been very deep into, cars, motorcyces, and airplanes all at the same time. My birthday is in one week and my short term goal is to get a fun ride in a Ferrari. Right now I have a 1993 Buick Skylark, not alot but its alot better than a civic. My favorite Ferrari, if I had to pick one, would probbly have to be the 550 Barchetta, it looks stunning from every angle. Though in all honesty there really isnt an F-car I dont like.

9. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    Anu, I'm a 17yr old in my second year at University of Toronto ;). I absolutley love exotics, and obviously Ferraris too! At first I was unsure of joining this board, as I thought it was an owners-only site but a bit of reading quickly changed that mindset. I like the members out here, they are mature and don't post meaningless garbage and don't start flame wars about anything/everything (unless of course you asked for it :p) compared to other large car boards. Do I own an Fcar? Well by now you know I don't. Maybe one day I'll manage to scrape an old 360 or if I'm lucky, a Nero 360CS or something :)

That's my little intro, congrats on running a great board!

Oh and my personal favourite Ferrari? Well that would be a tie between an F40 or a Nero 360CS!

10. quartermaster

quartermaster Formula 3

Sep 11, 2005
    I've been lurking for a couple of years--ever since I realized that I really could afford one of these cars. I'm 54, and have been in 'lust denial' since I was a pubescent lad and saw a new Muira many decades ago. What an impact that has had on my life!
    Thanks for encouraging this post. I appreciate it. I have numerous questions and would love to ask them, but I am concerned that they might be considered 'old subjects' and would prompt reprimands.
    Keith

11. JeffMN

JeffMN Rookie

Jan 18, 2004
    Still lurkin...

It's a self-imposed decision. No chit-chat until the Testarossa is safely in my garage. The only posts you'll probably get from me until that time will concern the history of my potential purchase. ;)

-Jeff

12. bb7110

bb7110 Karting

Jul 13, 2005
    Anaheim Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Brenton B
    ive been lurking for a while now and i thought id finally post... my names brenton im 13 i think some of you might know my dad in i from crystal cove.. we the guys in the blue maserati and last weekend i was with mike vietro in his yenko camaro anyways gald to be on this board finally

13. John Peel

John Peel Rookie

Jun 22, 2005
    Portsea Victoria Aus
    Full Name:
    John William Peel
    I have only been a member for a short time and a Ferrari owner for not much longer. I live in the state of Victoria in Australia. My 1978 308 +2 was completly stripped and rebuilt in 1994 with a 4 camm moter and the Webers put back. I though it was a "top drawer" car until I have seen 308s on the chat. Some are outstanding. My car is the origional "garage queen" as I suspect many Aust. cars are. If you check prices in Aust. compared to US its apparent this may may be a reason. I love the Reg No -GG308. I would like to thank many contributers who make my day.

14. Pure Platinum

Pure Platinum Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Confession of a lurker....
    Finally decided to post.
    26yrs old.....live in Orlando, FL. Currently working as an electrical engineer. I'd like to own a F355 in 10 years or sooner, so I am on here trying to learn as much as I can about them. Seems to be a warm community here.

15. Paragon

Paragon Karting

May 15, 2005
    I have noticed there are alot of people lurking on here, which is a great thing. I am one of those guys. I like to pop on a read the threads. I usually do not have much to add since I have not gotten out to attend any events. I would like to attend some events to meet fellow car enthusiasts. You sound like a great bunch of fellows. But I must add one thing to this site...Out of all of the other sites that I browse, I noticed that you have a great following of ferrari enthusiasts that do not own an F-Car. That is awesome. I do not see that on the P-car boards or many others. F-Cars are like a cult all their own!

16. holminator

holminator Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Prince Falafel
    #216 holminator, Sep 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm a lurker and I don't care, who knows it. I'm slowly gathering data for my next ride. Right now, I own an '05 Porsche 911/997 with all the bells and etc., but I'm considering Ferrari 4xx and Lambo Gallardo in addition to a Porsche upgrade--911 GT something or turbo. I have 2-3 years to decide. I'm looking at the total package: performance, art, maintenance and repair, insurance, and so on. Being here is helping a great deal much like the comradely of Fchat group drives. I met some good people so far. Gotta go; I'm getting all misty eyed. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. MaNiFeSt

MaNiFeSt Rookie

Sep 20, 2005
    just joined a few days ago. found this board through corvetteforums. i'm a 23yr old male. just graduated from uconn and moved to arizona. hopefully i'll be able to own a car like the ones on this board someday...

right now i just work my life away with the hopes of being financially stable enough to be able to buy a 355 or 360. i'm struggling now though. it sucks

18. engraver

engraver Rookie

Sep 20, 2005
    N CA, CA
    Full Name:
    TWH
    Hi guys – 59 year old luker – can’t afford a Ferrari – I drive a poor old 1985 Corvette – never owned a Ferrari before – matter of fact I have a hard time pronouncing it – I did drive one once – a friend of mine bought a new one – it had about a hundred miles on it & I backed it out of his driveway & back over a rose bush – that was in about 1984 – I do love all motorcars & motorcycles – they have been a passion of mine for many years – I enjoy the forum – you can see some of my toyz here – http://www.picturetrail.com/tomhudson

19. dreamof-f40

dreamof-f40 Karting

Jun 6, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ive been lurking here for awhile. Share the account with my brother but I mainly am here and am usually the one to post. Currently still going to school and my ambitions in life are to eventually own a ferrari. I think its clear on which one I want. But anyways I do get to enjoy the thrill of an Italian built car. I occassionally get to take my bro's Alfa Romeo Spider on the back roads to school.

20. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    Works for me!

Dane

21. dreamof-f40

dreamof-f40 Karting

Jun 6, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yea just driving the car keeps a smile plastered on my face. I cant even begin to imagine what a Ferrari will be like.

22. Ducky355

Ducky355 Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    Oaks, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #222 Ducky355, Sep 28, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Where do I begin...

My name is Matt... I am 24 (last I checked) and possess a degree in Economics from Penn State.

I am a product of parents who have lots of money but absolutely no interest in cars. I have always been a fan of ferrari's since I used to play with matchboxes. Growing up on the mainline of Philadelphia you tend to see them from time to time, but get sick of seeing the typical MILF in the X5, G-wagon or Defender-90 (the cars i mean).

Ultimately my favorite F-car is the 355. I think much of this stems from the movie Boiler Room. "You want details.. I have a ferrari 355 cabriolet, what's up?" - Ben Afleck.

It wasn't until recently that I started liking the new F430 and the later 330 P4.

Currently I have a VR6 GTI. With slight engine/ suspension/ body mods that hold the "less is more" mentality.

Now that i am gainfully employeed and heavily invested, I will be sprouting out to my first track car hopefully in the next year or two. My friends have an elise and are looking to split in on an ariel atom, so the dream could become a reality soon.

Oh yeah.. I also like boating (as my parents have since purchased a bay house in Annapolis)..

Shots from our deck.

23. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Hey Guys / Gals, name is Matt and have been here for a couple of weeks now. Great Board! Discovered it via the Alfa BB. Currently no F Car but have Alfa 164S and Biturbo Spyder which I have posted in the Other Italian section...would post my Vette there but did'nt think Other Italian meant the owner! Great board here and it's one of my first daily surfs!

24. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Hey all...

Just bought my first Ferrari 2 weeks ago. 1999 yellow 355 Spider, 12k m. 6 spd

Always loved Ferraris..my favorites. My dream car in High School and to this day is a 288 GTO. I guess ive been able to afford a Ferrari for a few years but it just seemed too intimidating, growing up very poor ingrains in you a feeling that a Ferrari is never something 'I ' could obtain... but once I saw that 355 Spider prices were around $100k I couldnt resist !

I currently have a 2001 Viper, 2000 Dinan M Roadster, 2005 Mercedes C55 and now the 355.

My observations over 2 weeks...The sound is amazing. The connection with the road is amazing. The handling is brilliant. The ride is surprisingly smooth...On the other hand the interior seems cheaper than even the Vipers. Everything inside feels fragile. The folding top broke down the first day I had the car and yesterday the 'check engine' light came on and it feels sluggish. It also doesnt have as much 'get up and go' as I expected but thats all good and I have the Viper for those days when I just want to feel pure brutality. I understand they both have different purposes in life.

Im in Los Angeles so everyone is pretty used to seeing exotics everyday but the car still turns heads, which surprises me.

Thanks !

25. boffin218

boffin218 Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I am your average starving PhD student who reads forums like these because they remind him of all the good things that (hopefully) await out in "the real world" once the trials of grad school have passed. Until then it'll be books, books, books...