The Ronald House Pictures! | FerrariChat

The Ronald House Pictures!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Spasso, Aug 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #2 Spasso, Aug 28, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Tim K, was gracious enough to let me drive his 550 to the show. What brutal acceleration and thankfully the AST was on. I only gave it 1/3 throttle HONEST!:p:p:p

The throttle reaction between a Testarossa and a 550 is worlds apart as I soon found out.

What a fabulous car!

Thank You again for an experience of a lifetime!.
    DJ

If you ever need a caretaker let me know.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    This will happen again, more than once a year. It may not be planned and it may not have sponsors or banners or a bunch of fanfare but it will happen again. Hopefully we can get some kids to come out for a little while and take a look, more than last time. That's how the idea started out as anyway, that's how it should be..

3. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    #4 Willis360, Aug 28, 2005
  4. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #6 TimF40, Aug 29, 2005
    Robert, Dana: Thank you for putting this event together! And thanks to everyone who helped out with the pictures and trinkets for the kids.

My favorite moment was when Debbie and I were walking around the corner back to the cars and we heard joyous laughter coming from my 360 Spider, and Debbie said "Tim, I think there's a child in your car!" We got closer and saw this little tyke, just a few years old, standing on my front seat bouncing up and down while holding on to the steering wheel. He was absolutely having the most fun believable; little bald head and breathing tube and all.

After the day was done, there was more wear and tear on my car from 4 hours of kids, then I have put on it since I got it 8 months ago! And, it was all worth it - every medical cream smear and hand prints on every conceivable surface. Having to scrub the car pales in comparison to what these kids are going through.

I'm glad we were there.

Tim (& Debbie)

P.S. Sorry for all the picts, but just look at the faces!

5. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I would personally like to think Eric Hawley for his vision and forsight in making the arrangements for the instant digital picture processing and arrangeing with Ferrari of Seattle for the hats and the temporaray tattoos for the kids. Many others were instrumental in making these arrangenments as well. There were numerours stickers and hand outs as well. I hope very child got something...Some of the pictures were priceless and I hope we can each get a CD and or collage of the event in the future.

Next year we can improve on the event and make it more asccessable for the kids if possible.

Thanks to very one for the great help and contrbitions!
    DJ

6. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    #8 GaryReed, Aug 29, 2005
  7. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Bravo, ladies and gentlemen!!! Wish I could have made it, but I was unable to get away. Wonderful to see those kids having a great time. Again, BRAVO!!

8. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Looks like a wonderful event. Sorry to have missed it. A yearly Club event?..........count me in for sure next year!

9. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    You'll have to blame Robert for this one. He did most of the pushing with encouragement from his wonderful wife Kate. I was the go-between with the board.

This time of year is difficult for anybody to attend an event because of the nature of the season. The end of August is a VERY tight time of the year. I am really glad we got as many as we did.

10. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Yes, I am hoping it will be a yearly event. I am hoping for a time less busy for everyone so we can have a better turnout.

I'll be happy to drive one of your spare cars (like I did Tim's 550) if I don't have the Oldslowrustyyellow308 fixed by then. (1/3rd throttle only! I promise!)

11. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    KUDDOS North Westeners...A great event.

12. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Anytime my friend.........anytime.

13. ExoticRobert

ExoticRobert Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Thanks Tim and Debbie for all your patience with these kids, I was a little concern with all the hand's on, and your two cars were the hit of the show! It just shows what kind of caring people we have in this club, and Tim you said it all in your post!!! :)Thanks to everyone once again, we all did bring a few smiles to some very sick kids! Robert

14. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    The best kind of wear a Ferarri could have. I am so sorry I couldn't have mine there as well. There is NOWAY they could have hurt the thing.

15. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I missed your smiling face Kuzi!!

16. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    There was something said in another thread here about being judged by the company we keep. I'd be judged by this company any day!!

Great event and great to see so many smiles! Next year I've got to stay all day!!!

17. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    I think you said it best Tim....certainly wasn't anyone worrying about the kids having their way with the cars! Certainly worth the few hours and definitely a big thumbs up to Robert (and your wife) and Dana. I'd venture to say those of us who showed got as much, if not more, than the kids out of this event. I sometimes wonder if I don't attend these events for my own selfish reasons and what it is that I, personally, take from it...if you can call that selfish......

Cheers to all that showed, your good people, and as much as it gets old seeing all your damn cars move from one parking lot, restaurant or town to the next, it's events like these make it seem worth while :)

See you all at the next one - Cmac

18. Willdief

Willdief Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Mercer Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Will Diefenbach
    I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who was involved in this great event. You made a group of sick kids and their parents very happy. I'm proud to be associated with this group.

Robert, Dana, Michael, Eric, Tino and Willis and everyone who brought out a car and their checkbooks are to be applauded for making this happen and bringing a little sunshine into the dark times these kids are going through.

Thanks, everyone!
    - Will

19. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #21 Spasso, Aug 30, 2005
  20. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    #22 Willis360, Aug 30, 2005
  21. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I stand from a distance and view the activities and actions of the FCNW members and I keep seeing the references on F-Chat to a person who caused so much distress to the members by his greed and falsehood. I also see all of the good that the members have done recently for those who are unfortunate and need a lift. What a contrast !! I think that it would be good for all the members to look forward to more nice and generous acts and continue with them as long as possible. Forget the dealer complaint guy , learn from the distasteful incidents that he caused. You are a great bunch of people !

22. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Excellent point Bob! Focusing too much on the negative can really suck the energy and enthusiasm out of a group. Like you said, learn from the past, but lets move forward on the positive!

Dave

23. 4re4lem

4re4lem Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Thanks and great job guys this was an honorable endevor.