Scuderia South Florida Poker Fun Rally II | FerrariChat

Scuderia South Florida Poker Fun Rally II

Discussion in 'Florida' started by BartonWorkman, Aug 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    We have put information on the Scuderia South Florida Poker Fun Rally II
    on the website.

Event flyer and registration forms are nearly complete. Notice will go
    out the moment they are posted.

We are working out final details of the Rally currently. Expect a few
    new wrinkles in this year's route and surprises at the end. Some great
    new sponsors have really stepped up and we now expect to at least double
    the amount the event donated to the Sun Sentinel-WB 38 Children's Fund
    and, of course, have twice as much fun as last year!

The Scuderia South Florida Poker Fun Rally II will be taking place Saturday
    October 15. All exotic makes are welcome to take part once again and
    we are holding the door open for more sponsorship particpation.

http://home.comcast.net/~barton_workman/ssfpokerfunrally.html

Stay tuned to the website for registration and information to be posted
    shortly.

BHW

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    While we're ducking for cover from the new Tropical storm this weekend, take heart, the Scuderia South Florida Poker Fun Rally II registration forms will be posted!

The response from the corporate community has been incredible and we've landed a couple more sponsors this week. Details will become available by the weekend.

http://www.pokerfunrally.com

BHW

3. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Barton, I can't believe you condone playing poker and driving at the same time. YUK YUK

4. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I cant condone driving & poker, driving while recieving felatio, that a different story :)

5. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Easy guys!

I condone it as long as you dont cheat like the Porsche guys
    did last year!

BHW

6. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
  7. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Youv'e done it now Bart, insulting the Porsche guys. There's gonna be hell to pay now!

8. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    The way I remember it, the Porsche (Second Group) guys took off like bats out of hell, came scrambling up to the first stop at Italian Image, ran into the place, grabbed their cards and ran out without so much as seeing what the business had to offer and ran with the First Group the rest of the Rally.

They drove dangerously and it was a minor miracle there wasnt an accident and then during the prize give away at Hyla, Martin busted them for cheating in the Poker game in front of the whole crowd.

After all this, the guy who won (and had just been busted for cheating) the best prize, a very nice Ferrari jacket donated by Sheltons said, "What am I going to do with this?".

Participants like this, we can do without quite nicely and behaviour like this will be subject for immediate dismissal from the Rally this year.

BHW

9. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    If this is the same crew from the Keys Rally in April, I think a pre-rally conversation is in order. I was towards the back of the pack but felt the need to back off even further once they came out. There were several times I thought people were going to die. If that wasn't bad enough, the clouds of black smoke eminating from the back of one of the cars made me want to die every time they were near.

-R

10. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Yes, we are making a point that the Rally is not a race and the first one to the final destination is not the winner.

Wreckless driving and failure to pay attention to traffic laws on public roads will be cause for immediate dismissal from the Rally regardless of what they're driving.

Sure drive at a reasonable pace when and where it is possible but darting in and out of traffic nose to tail at 140MPH on I-95 wont be tolerated.

BHW

11. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    C'mon,easy there, that Ferrari jacket was given to my wife by him, so lets
    give him a break and lets just make some sort of guidelines for All of us to follow, and also some more activities at each location to encourage a longer stay.

12. MiamieNeSeX

MiamieNeSeX Formula Junior

May 29, 2004
    Brown noser................... Table top dancing by some local talent will keep me at the stops longer. :)

Armanado

13. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Hey you don't want me going into the rumor about you that was going on at the party do you? LOL

14. MiamieNeSeX

May 29, 2004
    I beleive the rumors included all, present company included :)

Armando

15. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    I was in the group with Julian's Enzo..a 360, 2 - 355's - a NSX and a 911.

On the way to the 2nd stop we were doing 140 on a side street. When we got to I95 enroute to Shelton the pace was about 110 on the fwy... I backed down and kept it at 70 and was the last car in my group to show up.

I'm sticking to 5mph over the posted...

Would be nice if we were able to group ourselves into those who are willing to stay within 5mph over the line or those that want to go balls out...

16. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    These issues will be addressed.

Failure to comply with stated rules will be grounds for dismissal from the
    Rally.

BHW

17. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    good luck with the rules.

18. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    He may have done that, but he is on 6Speedonline bragging that he gave the jacket to Goodwill.

I tried to set things straight but, based on some of the responses, the Porsche guys are apparently incapable of understanding the difference between a rally and a race. Frankly, if the are too immature or stupid to follow the rules - or even common sense - then they will simply be excluded from our events in the future.

Scottie
    www.TheCarcierge.com

19. MiamieNeSeX

May 29, 2004

Based on FL 355s experience on the last run, its not only the Porsche guys that were lead footing it.

Armando

20. htb3

htb3 Formula Junior

May 30, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Heres a solution to the speeding problem:

Have someone go on a dry run and see how long it takes to go from one stop to another driving around the speed limit. Example 20 minutes from point A to point B

When we get our cards for the poker hand, our arrival and departure time will be marked on an envelope that the cards can be kept in by an official who is giving out the cards. If someone is found to have covered the distance in a shorter amount of time (say 12 minutes) they would be disqualified.

21. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    moving on to another subject......why don't we donate the monies collected to hurricane relief? Red Cross, etc..

22. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I started donating there back when the Tsunami hit. I was able to raise $60k for that.

23. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Our charity is already in place with the Sun Sentinel Children's Fund.

Any other contributions may be made to Red Cross or preferrably a less bureaucratically controlled Hurricane relief fund at the Rally.

BHW

24. vin457d

vin457d Rookie

Nov 22, 2004
    Scottie,

With all do respect, I don't know what all the finger pointing is about I was there in the yellow Turbo Cabriolet I personally saw many of the ferrari guys racing each other and the other type cars there.

There are pictures of ferraris pulled over by troopers ask armando the white NSX to provide (miaminesex) and I am sure, it was not for driving to slow.... I personally wittnesed the race between Xico and the yellow Enzo which btw got pulled on every single time. I witnessed and joined the red enzo (Julian) in a spirited drive down 57th ave with a pack of motorcycles (2) 355's and a 360.

As for the individuals caught cheating and called out in front of the crowd were employees of your selected start point. As i recall the cards all had a marking on the back to verify which stop they were collected at, many of the contestants (ferrari and others) did not know of these markings and tried swapping cards with their friends to create the best poker hand.... I agree the comment about giving the jacket to goodwill may not have been the most appropriate and I apologize if it hurts relationships with your sponsors but, as you state Orliando (orli930) actually gave the jacket to the wife of the owner of the black 308 but stated otherwise to spite Barton.

The point I am making is the Ferrari guys should not blind themselves and state "ONLY PORSCHE *******S WERE RACING".

All in all I have nothing against Ferrari or other exotic car afficionados, I personally love many different cars infact if you do a search here or 6speed you will see that I have been trying to justify adding a 355 or a 360 for awhile.

Regards,
    Vince

25. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    As has been stated ad nausium, participants in the second group (G2) last year, caught up to the first group (G1).

They ran into and out of the first stop (the former Italian Image) without so much as seeing what the business was or anything else for that matter other than to collect their cards.

Upon leaving the first stop, particpants in G2 were then running with G1, a situation we were attempting to avoid but some participants in G2 would have none of.

Despite signing a waiver and attending the driver's briefing where it was outlined that dangerous driving was not acceptable, partipants of G2 did so
    anyway, were beligerent and confrontational, cheated in the card game (which they were outted for) and have since gone on to make statements such as "they are mad because we kicked their Ferrari asses" (SIC) and the jacket was "given to Goodwill" (SIC).

It may be noted that the gentleman driver of the yellow Enzo had his teenage daughter riding with him that day and he was by no means "racing". Had he been "racing", the peanut size genitals of the particpants from G2 would have been rolling alongside the road with their doors and tires.

Thus, what we've learned from the participants from G2 is that they dont not have a basic comprehension of rules set forth by organizers, they are cheats,
    and liars. We will therefore hold this year's Poker Fun Rally knowing this fully well and the rules will be repeated time and again (on the website, registration form, on the pre-event publicitiy and on the driver's waiver) and for those whom may have such comprehension problems, they will be asked to
    leave the Rally immediately.

BHW