To Deutschland Police; Drivers Run is Not Cannoball 8000 | FerrariChat

To Deutschland Police; Drivers Run is Not Cannoball 8000

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by D11VE:J, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. D11VE:J

D11VE:J Formula 3

Nov 9, 2004
    #1 D11VE:J, Aug 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I would like to put some of the facts for you all to consider in relation to the Drivers Run Event last week-end since I was personally involved and I employed a Lawyer to keep the Police in order after the German Police Refused to grant my son Davy and his friends their constituional rights of an interpreteur and a Lawyer to represent them in Nuremburg Germany Motorway Police HQ last Sunday Evening;

I must first explain, I was, like Albert, (sorry m8) another who was on the mountain route having fantastic fun and entertainment, visiting places I will probably never see again, just fantastic scenery, I was not in Nuremburg nor was I in Amsterdam, the S4ithole Capital of the dead. But what would Davy know, he does not use any of that crap and why therefore would he expect one or two others to do so. A lot of blame was placed on the wrong man and the event for things that happened that had nothing to do with the run or Davy, I have my own views on the situation.

The Driver Run event followed the Cannonball 8000 event the week before and Drivers Run guys got picked on as they got nobody from Cannoball 8000 last week. Funny how TV cameras were supposed to have followed cars doing 170mph when they can only fly helicopters at 130 knots - 156mph, they would be 2 miles behind in 10 minutes yet they so say flew overhead following them for 30 minutes apparently. What 6 miles behind?

Strong smell of something not right here, bit of Police chancing their arm in an attempt to make some people wrong, unfortunately some of the guys driving were not as clean as they should have been, made defending them hoplessly impossible on all counts.

For me it was yet another fantastic Drivers Run Event that was streets above the other runs I have been on over the last 2 years.

I put this one point to all, if they were so sure that Dangerous Driving or Racing had gone on, why were they still asking the camera crew 200 miles away to hand over film of the event taken over the 4 days when this all occured in 30 minutes 200 miles away and the guys had all been released and the fines paid. The German POlice were still trying to collect evidence after the event was over. Sounds fishy to me.

The four that got away were minding their own business driving quite legally in another area of Germany. Why should they claim 'Four Escaped'

To anyone in the newspaper or German Police reading this, my e-mail address is on this forum, I welcome you to come and justify your claims, I was one of the four, give your best shot for me to answer, my German Lawyes will drop you on your arses. Like the newspaper toilet rolls, Shut-up with your malicious German claims, we beat you 5-2 fair and square and you will never change that - Plonkers.

I think that we should just let it go and get on with our lives, however, lets say that some have paid for the many who have made the Police angry in the past. And no there were no 120kmh Stadt Routes involved or restricted speed zones, like always, the German Police claimed it was a Race and have never produced one shred of evidence to support that claim. Yes our pals on the run had film on their movie cameras, so what, have you ever tried to prove any claim against the police with digital film, it will surely be inadmissable, that was all they had, not one of the complananits would stand up and say they had been endangered.

The Police were so uncertain left with movie film only, whilst they called up 11 complainants who called the TV station and the Police to announce the Cannoball 8000 was on the run again, that they would not even allow the guys to have Lawyers as they had no grounds to hold those that were clean, and their interpreteur was a Police Interogator sent in to hear what the English Guys were saying to one another. Our German Lawyer told the Police this breached their constitutional rights. The Police said that is the way we do it in Germany.

D11VE:J

Footnote;
    I was flying along yesterday at 150mph over a 70mph zone, but did not have any problems whatsoever. I have first hand evidence to prove the helicopter theory is just that, a theory and unproven. What no TV footage?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Dave

Is what your saying

. your son was driving through Germany at Legal speeds
    . He was stopped by the police for alleged dangerous driving
    . he was held an questioned without either an interpreter or a lawyer
    . He was then fined and released
    . The police later attempted to confiscate the film crews camera / film

If all the above is true it sound like the police were being silly, however you can't blame them for trying to stop idiots racing across europe (even though in this wasnt the case (was it?))

3. lockyer

lockyer Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    Cas Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jon Newall
    Dave - can you check your facts

a: CB 8000 has not gone through Germany yet, although it is scheduled to do so on 16/9/05

b: they have never used helicopters.

Have you tried talking to conrad before having a public go at his event, if you want his number ring me on 07802 285347, or pm me.

4. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    . of course they didnt break the speed limits
    .cant work out why they all went in different cars why didnt they just hire a coach better for sight seeing cheaper on fuel only one driver so rest can get pissed [or smoke] we all know what happens and what its about so dont be sore just take t on the chin and hope you dont get caught next timei

5. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    andrewg; If the Police take the law into their own hands and become judge and jury and abuse peoples constitutional rights they are outside of the law and that is not right. If you have a case for arguing they drove dangerously endangering life, then show me the evidence, 11 whitnesses would not say that this was the case, they were driving fast without knowing that the week before there had been overtaking on the hard shoulder etc on the Canonball 8000 event which then lead to the Drivers Run boys being pulled a week later whilst driving within the legal speed limit, 170mph is legal other than within 25 kilometres of a town junction, this was the Police error - assumption - because 11 complainants suggested the Cannoball was back. There is the point.

Police error followed by Police bullying tactics. I make no excuse for the other problem they found, that had nothing to do with Drivers Run or their speed, excuse the pun, that was normal Police business. You do not have the right to detain anyone in any member state without they have an interprteur and a lawyer appointed and paid for by the state. To do otherwise is a breach of the persons constutional rights. I told the Duty CHief Offiver this, he said; Speak German, I only speak German. This was unlawful Police Duty Chief Jaegar.

6. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    the country was better 30 yers ago when a copper could clip you round the ear there was more respect years ago for police courts school teachers ect to many do gooders when i was at school if you did out wrong and it came home or the police was at the door you got a good hiding from my dad now if it happens the dad goes to the school and gives the teacher a good hiding so stop protecting your lad he was wrong got done so end of story

7. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    lockyer; I am repeating the details the Lawyer was informed about by Chief Jaegar, if you do not have an event in that area then someone using the name Cannoball or whatever is getting the blame for yet another event.

I am sorry I am only repeating the facts as I was given them by the Chief of Police to whom you should address your complaint, he is blackening your good name it appears, but what the hell, Thats the way they do it in Germany.

8. lockyer

lockyer Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    Cas Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jon Newall
    Dave - will you stop having a go at CB8000.....it hasn't even been on yet this year.

have a look www.cannonball800.com

I know you like firing from the hip, but you are genuinely slagging the wrong guy's company/guests off!

9. lockyer

lockyer Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    Cas Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jon Newall
    both posted at the same time.

10. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    Stevef as a good m8 of mine, please do not go there, I have made the point, my son can defend himself, I am annoyed because I was addressed in the newspaper as being "Four Escaped"

I spoke to the Police Chief Jaegar, the man is a fool one who thinks his power is to be used to give brits the shove, Speak German, Speak German.

Next time you have a problem and are pissed off, look around and count your friends. Eaten bread is soon forgotten as my old grand mammy used to say.

11. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    papers print things and twist things to sell themselfs you should know that dont take it to heart be proud that you escaped and sell your story or make a film dont get upset exploit the situation and makey money from it and dont forget my share if you do

12. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    stevef; thank you for that, I will do that, would you like to play one of the policemen or a good guy in the movie? - Thats a stupid question, you would be the newspaper reporter - you little twister.

13. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Dave

I wasnt saying you son did any of the alleged things, I merley wanted you to clarify what happened, sorry if it sounded like I was backing the police, but your inital post was a tad rambling to somebody who hasnt read all about it in the Sun :)

14. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    andrewg; I am a born rambler, point taken, no offence taken, you too I hope

15. Albert V8

Albert V8 Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Funny isn't it.

That the 'Four who were escaping' checked into the Hotel in Frankfurt @ 21:30 a full 2 hours after the other party had been arrested.

Then stayed there until the following afternoon leaving at 2pm. Then heading all the way home @ 80 mph.

Now if the German Police were in 'Hot Pursuit' they must have been walking is all i can say.

Anyway Dave, "Were going to look back and laugh at this one day" :D Enjoyed your company and hope to do it again someday.

16. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    Albert, you you have been driving me mad for 3 days with your saying, I think I am going to go and kill the guy that said that 30 years ago, I still haven't laughed yet. Its about comradeship Albert, you could try for 20 years to explain to someone what makes a good meal or a good drive great, yes nice food and nice cars, but they are nothing without nice people. What hurt me was that thats all we were being, nice people and they pick on us, I can't speak for the others, you and I were not there, but it is no less than I would expect if they treat the rights of the others with no respect, why should we believe that they would have respect for us either. Thats insanity for you.

Deeply sorry about the train, I am fully responsible for that, but thanks once again for giving me and the other drivers and sight-seers along the way the pleasure of seeing, hearing and running with an F40 in the flesh being used and driven. Great thrill always. Thanks Albert.

This matter is closed

Much Love
    Dave

17. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    Amen
    Mods,
    Please lock this thread its run its course and it ****.

18. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

bout fcuking time, davy your dad can type can't he :D