Beginning the search for great testarossa | FerrariChat

Beginning the search for great testarossa

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Young, Aug 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Young

Young Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2005
    Home Town Buffet
    Full Name:
    R U Mr Pininfarina?
    hi i am a new member in calabasas area and just joined the forum last week to begin the search for my red or black testarossa.
    i am looking for one around so cal area so i can inspect the car before taking it home, with 20k or less miles and all the service records of course.
    i've seen them sold for as low as 42k to 80k on various sites. if you have such tr or if you know anyone who does will you please let me know.
    if you own a tr and willing to share your experience of owning one with me i will be so glad to hear your stories. even if you dont want to sell your tr but want to teach me on what to look for in great tr's please let me know.
    thank you in advance for your replies.

2. fiat850

fiat850 Karting

May 17, 2005
    Fountain Valley, Ca
    Full Name:
    Minh
    check the classic ferrari forum. i posted a thread about my gauging interest in a 512 tr. there was a member that offered to give me a ride in his that i might take his offer this weekend. PM me and maybe together we can both check his 512 out at the same time. also i know there was a red one for sale at the cc meet 3 weeks ago. i'm sure it's still for sale and a member on here probably has his number. once you get 512 give me a ride! =)

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Only red or black?

5. fiat850

fiat850 Karting

May 17, 2005
    Fountain Valley, Ca
    Full Name:
    Minh
  6. stuart

stuart Karting

Aug 13, 2003
    Hidden Hills.CA
    Full Name:
    Stuart Siegel
    I live in Hidden Hills and have had a TR and now own a 512TR. PM me and I will give you my experiences if you are interested.
    Stuart

7. 1badboy

1badboy Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2004
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric Rayl
    Michael-

I owned an 88 TR for about 3 years, and I loved that car, especially for the value - but you definiitely have to spend the $$$ to keep it up proactively.

The one thing I don't see mentioned is the problems I had with the seatbelts, and the ones I've seen in other TRs that have that "auto seatbelt" thing that tries to ensure you put the shoulder harness on when you open car door and sit down or get up. (I think this was to avoid an airbag on steering wheel, is what I've heard).

EDIT: I took mine to FofBH numerous times for various "factory recall" and "safety fixes" and either the right or left side would stop working correctly again within months.

It was a re-call item, but I still see many owners, like me, just disengaged the mechanism (I can't remember details exactly) but if you can find one that works perfectly, I'd put a slight edge towards that car vs. a TR w/ mechanish disabled, when all things are considered.

Best of luck and let us know what you end up with.

Eric