French Quarter Classic, postponed now? | FerrariChat

French Quarter Classic, postponed now?

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by cmparrenzo, Aug 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I know it is early, and with all of the destruction, this is a very minor issue, but it seems doubtful from what we see on CNN that FQC can take place now in November.

I wonder if we can postpone it till spring and make the charity one that would benefit the residents of NO.

It looks like my sister lost her home in NO, but it is too early to tell, my prayers are with you guys, anything I can do to help, let me know....

Chris

2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Chris for the thoughts...

3. redjeeper

redjeeper Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Flowood, MS
    Full Name:
    Anthony Griffin
    Chris, I live in MS and I doubt that NO will be repaired by November. Our Gulf Coast saw damage that will probably take the next few years to repair. My prayers go out to anyone that was affected.

4. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    I got a great idea, the new charity is the Ferrari Club of LA.

My house was in the eye of the storm, I do not expect flooding but I'm told not one of the trees is over 10 feet tall, and if they are not up they are all on the ground. I had many 40 foot trees on my property.

I guess it is upto the GOD how many went thru the house.

Kelly

Hampton inn Anniston, AL

5. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I think you are assuming alot thinking there will be a New Orleans after this.

6. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Dana and I wish you the best Kelly....

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    See my comments on kito's other thread.......OF COURSE there will be a NEW New Orleans....

Love, from Galveston Island.

BigTex

8. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    If there is no FQC this year I will ask Franco to donate the $ I already sent to help Nawlins get back on its feet.

9. ferrariwalla355

Sep 4, 2004
    Austin, TX
    In view of the heart-breaking devastation in the entire region,
    the FQC leadership should seriously consider canceling the event for this year.
    It is tough to party when there is so much suffering around.
    Yes, there will be a "NEW" New Orleans (thanks BigTex) very soon but
    until then we must do all we can to hold out a helping hand.

10. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You are most welcome.

I grew up in Galveston, Texas. We had a similar event back in 1900, you'll recall. It took awhile, to clean up........My office was located at UTMB in the building called "Old Red". Built in 1890. Stiil there today.

The human spirit will survive.

Let's wait and see how things develop. The ball has been bounced into the Corps of Engineer's court, at this time.

11. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I heard it will take AT LEAST 12 weeks to restore power water & Start moving people back in, thats 1 week After FFQC so I think FFQC in NOV is absolutely impossible now

Maybe in March or APril ?

12. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I think that's very likely.......City Government just relocated all functions to Baton Rouge......

They are having an Art Car Parade October 1, 2005.

Ya'll come run in that. My car will be there.

13. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I think first you need to stop the animals from carjacking and looting everything insight before you start planning on bringing Ferrari's into that city. There are very few houses that do not have water to the ceilings. Lets get our priorities straight . I think the FFQC is the last thing on the minds of New Orleanians right now.

14. FerrariBob

FerrariBob Karting

Jun 25, 2002
    AMEN!!! Franco's neighborhood is under water!!! His business is probably all but lost to looters! I can only assume John's house is all but gone as well.

How about we stop talking about rescheduling the FQC "...Maybe in March or APril ?" and worry instead if Franco, Nancy, Maximo, John, etc. are safe at this hour; and will have a home to come back to within the next several weeks rather than hosting a car event?!

15. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Thank you for being one of the few who is reasonable about this entire situation. Aside from names that are known to Fchat, many local friends are not accounted for...

16. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    They are saying it will take five years to get this great city back to normal...I hope this is just media hype, but from the video, you have to wonder.

17. Cajun

Cajun Formula 3

Mar 20, 2004
    Da BY-U
    Full Name:
    MJG
    I second that. A lot of people down here who lost everything lost EVERYTHING...there are thousands down here who did not even have flood insurance, so you can imagine the time they are gonna have getting back on their feet....And there are tons of people down here who were living from paycheck to paycheck who will be out of work for a VERY long time...

And that's not even touching on the topic of the missing/dead. I still have several relatives & friends who are not accounted for.

The last thing you would want to do down here for a while is parade Ferraris through town. Would be kinda disrespectful on a couple of levels if you catch my drift.

18. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Cajun, you said you lost all your stuff.............:(

Come by my house, and I'll give you some stuff....whatever you need, man, really......

I responded to Roland Linder on another thread, let's park the cars and roll up our sleeves.........pass me some gas for that chainsaw, would ya?????

*screaming two stroke sound.......wood chips flying.....*

My prayers are for all impacted by the event, and the ongoing challenges facing Mayor Ray Nagin.

19. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Oh, I forgot......at $3.50/gallon, my cars are ALREADY parked.......:rolleyes:

20. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    THIS IS ALL THAT MATTERS. PLEASE LET US KNOW AS SOON AS ANYONE HEARS THAT OUR FRIENDS ARE SAFE.

I'M PRAYING AND SENDING $ TO THE RED CROSS. PLEASE DO THE SAME.

21. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    How do you rebuild in 5 years what took almost 250 years to build. You will never rebuild the old neighborhoods and the feel of them, the neighborhood PO-Boy shop, the guy on Canal St. with a bullhorn preaching with the rainbow umbrella hat you know the guy it won't be the same . More than 50% of New Orleans did not have flood insurance. The population of New Orleans had decreased 25% since 1960 now over half of what is left must decide where they want to live in the country because it will not be New Orleans. These are many people who live paycheck to paycheck they can't make it 5 years with out income and those that have the means will leave for other cities and get setteled in . Do any of you really think they Saints will be back after palying elsewhere for a year ?? No they will get setteled in somewhere just like the people and why uproot yourself again??? I am afraid the New Orleans we knew is gone and will never return. If they do rebuild anything it will be like everyother American City.

22. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    True, Sunday Brunch in The Gumbo Shop, on the patio, with a Bloody Mary......sigh.

Chin up, man!

This is bad now, and the media probably is not helping, at this point.

FEMA will be in, but be careful in how you deal, with them.

Any house they settled on here, is now a vacant lot, with restrictions on ever rebuilding again! Makes a nice checkerboard pattern to the neighborhood..........plenty of room, for picnics, and frisbee golf.........

Anyone who rushed in with fresh water hoses and ripped the sheetrock out themselves, came out better.

That's what we had to do..........Carla, 1961. Texas City, Texas........

23. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    They kept showing the Saint James Hotel........my parking spot out front, three feet of water...........

24. Cajun

Cajun Formula 3

Mar 20, 2004
    Da BY-U
    Full Name:
    MJG
    Thanks man. As I stated in another thread, all I got out with was my cat, a few changes of clothes, and my Vette. Everything else is MIA, but that doesn't concern me. I just hope that everyone can find their loved ones, and for those of us who may have lost someone, that the bodies can be recovered and buried properly.

The city will be rebuilt. The only difference will be a monument marking this event forever. The character of the people make the city of New Orleans great, not the other way around. As soon as electricity is turned back on, you can bet that someone will fire up a pit, put on some red beans, make an etoufee, boil some shrimp, make a gumbo, and twist the cap off of a cold one. WE WILL BE BACK. I was born there, and I will rest there.

25. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's what I"M TALKIN' ABOUT!!!!

I'll bring the electricity!!!!!!

Capp Electric
    Houston, Texas

You can still have some of my stuff..........;)