Exceptional Gransports at Dealers | FerrariChat

Exceptional Gransports at Dealers

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by maquino, Aug 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maquino

maquino Karting

Jun 22, 2005
    The Maserati Gransports which I've seen recently at northern California dealerships are all pretty ordinary colors: red, black, silver, with black interiors, etc.

I know that some GSs have been built in various metallic colors, with some nice interiors as well, and I'm wondering whether any readers here might have seen one (available at a Maserati dealership) recently.

2. Zinhead

Zinhead Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Chicago, USA
  3. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
  4. 99355F1

99355F1 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    CG
    We've got a metallic black/cuiou (A warm tan). I suppose that isn't too out of the ordinary.

Gsports are only available in: Black, Red, White, Yellow, Blue, Grey.

5. mak

mak Karting

Sep 29, 2004
  6. maquino

maquino Karting

Jun 22, 2005
    I've seen a Maser in that color (a spyder); I think it was gorgeous. In the sunlight it is essentially a burnished copper - very striking. But the color is so powerful that it needs a pretty quiet interior (blacks, etc.).

Go to www.maserati.com and follow the prompts to "car configurator", where you can mock up your desire. The "Rame Ghibli" is there for the coupes and spyders, so you can see how dazzling it is.

I know the normal range of GS colors, but I saw a special-paint one at the Silicon Valley dealership a few weeks ago: a pale silver-blue ("Argento Luna")with several shades of blue interior and just the right mix of options. A really stunning car. An "out of range" color for the GS on the configurator. Nearest regular GS color would be the Fuji White Pearl, which is also a knockout, with a mixed light-blue or light-tan interior.

I think that the secret of the Maser is how you color-assemble it, and how you option it. Get these right and it's spectacular. Put together a dull car and it will just sit there, unnoticed.

7. mak

mak Karting

Sep 29, 2004
    Tastes differ but you'd find nobody putting hard-earned cash down for a Maser in that colour here...

Burnished copper = burnt dollar notes = fire colour-blind salesman who ordered that colour = ;-)

8. TylerCoupe

TylerCoupe Rookie

Jan 11, 2005
    Texas
    I have a Grigiio Alfieri GS...see my old post on when it arrived...you can order any of the current coupe/spyder colors as a no-charge option. The GS on-line configurator won't let you see any of the colors but they can all be ordered...only non-current colors from older models or custom colors cost more. The configurator does now allow you to spec the interior in leather or the bri-tex so you can actually get a feel for which you prefer

9. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin

I'd love to have that color.

10. maquino

maquino Karting

Jun 22, 2005
    I'm glad there is (now) a full-leather option, because that bri-tex is a bit too weird for me. First GS I saw had britex, aluminum footslabs on the floor, unnecessary fire-extinguisher taking up passenger floorspace, and a carbon-fiber spoiler. Looked like a J.C. Whitney catalogue gone wild ...

11. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Is it just me or does the car not look like a last generation Celica ?
    Flame suit on.

12. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    David,

I don't think you need a flame suit. What you need I have a friend in the business that can help you.

1-800-visioncheck as for Bradley.

Good Luck,
    Kevin

13. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #13 RossoCorsaItaly, Sep 2, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. T-Yoro

T-Yoro Rookie

Apr 25, 2005
    Hillsborough, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ton Yoro
    "LOOKS" more like a Hyundia Tiburon rather than a Celica.

15. TylerCoupe

TylerCoupe Rookie

Jan 11, 2005
    Texas
    #15 TylerCoupe, Sep 7, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. 99355F1

99355F1 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    CG
    Look at the hood line. It's pretty rounded, and then when it hits the front bumper, it's vertical. I think that's the only resemblence. (And I'm realllllllly stretching it)