Its finally happened, I am a Ferrari owner! | FerrariChat

Its finally happened, I am a Ferrari owner!

Discussion in '308/328' started by RAMMER, Sep 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    #1 RAMMER, Sep 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It took more than 32 years. I wasn't looking to buy a car just yet but when I saw an add on FCHAT for a 1976 glass red/tan 308 GTB all hell broke loose in my life. After a few emails to the owner (a great guy named Jon) I went ahead and scheduled a PPI. I found the mechanic here on FCHAT, his name is David Castelhano (Bertocchi on FCHAT) and meeting him was a blessing. David and I had great communication and he performed the PPI in less than 3 days. The car had a few issues but for the most part it was very original and David's detailed report was very accurate. In fact, the car was in better shape than I had imagined. The first few days of Ferrari ownership have been interesting. Its really an emotional thing that I am still getting used to. In all, I feel blessed....in a time of devestating hurricanes it almost feels weird to be so lucky. I have a great wife, son, family, friends, job, home, and now this 29 year old car that would mean nothing without everything else that I have.
    I would like to thank all of you on FCHAT who without knowing are very inspirational in your love and pride for these great cars.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

feels pretty good huh?

a 76 glass is a keeper!!!! i hope you will really enjoy your car and hope you will spend a few mins. describing your fun after the first long drive.

best, pcb

3. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005
    Congrats! It's beautiful. The joy of a new Ferrari and it's accompanying emotions well communicated and related to the things that REALLY matter! But if that son of yours is of mowing age..he has Labor Day chores coming up ;-) All the best and...

Safe travels...

Chris

4. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Nice car and congrats!

5. bretm

bretm F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2001
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Bret
    Congrats, 308s are awesome. So small, svelte, and Italian in the a world of huge, squared off steel boxes.

6. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Beautiful car. Congratulations !!! It's been said many many times but 3 of the nicest words are indeed, "That's MY Ferrari."
    John

7. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    Congratulations. I waited a long time too and found ownership even more of a thrill than I had thought it would be. Hope you have the same experience. The car looks beautiful!

8. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I too waited a while before taking the plunge, and it's a fantastic feeling opening the door and just grinning at what you see. (I still stroke it as I walk past)!!!! Hope you enjoy, looks lovely.

9. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Drive it and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Well done.

One of the most beautiful cars Ferrari ever made.

11. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    early carb GTB's are great :) , hats off ot ya! glass car is even better, a real plus in my book. would love to know the serial number, as i have been tracking them by build date and year.

:) Michael, november 76 GTB*20433* :)

12. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Congrats! Tune in to the Florida section for some events this season. Hope to see your car at one sometime soon.
    BT

13. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'd go a bit further "One of the most beautiful cars ever made"

14. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    I have to mention your house also.... wow...

15. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    Its #19773 Reaper. I still remember your "I just bought a Ferrari thread". Here I am writing my own! Its great.

16. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    Congrats on the purchase! Hope it was all you were hoping for & more.

17. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    Thanks, its new construction on the outskirts of town. I also bought five years ago before real estate went crazy in Miami. What i am trying to say is....I am not wealthy by monetary standards, just lucky to have a great life.

18. GabyTR

GabyTR Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2005
    Spain
    Beautifoul¡¡¡¡ I love the 308¡

19. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Congratulations, RAMMER!

Yours is a July, 1976 manufacture.

The U.S. Versions, or more properly, North American Version Fiberglass GTBs, according to Gerald Roush in the FML, were made in three groups in mid-1976: 20 in May (19397-19435), 40 in June (19505-19583), and a final batch of 40 in July (19725-19805). Each batch of cars had consecutive (odd) serial numbers.

You should visit Robert Retzlaff's 308 GTB Register at:

http://www.r-design.net/308/index_e.html

and register your car. The Register site also offers a wealth of information regarding this series.

Regards,
    Barry

S/N 19399

20. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What other car enthusiast site gives you lawn-care advice? ;)

I'll add my congratulations - definitely a special car, and one that's found a good home.

21. MJT328GTS

MJT328GTS Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    MJT
    Rammer,
    Congratulations!! Welcome to the Ferrari family. Enjoy the fruits of your labor! You deserve it. The car is beautiful and I hope you enjoy driving it for a very long time.

I too waiting a long time before I got one (15years) but it certainly was not as long as you, so I know how you feel. You worked hard for what you wanted so sit back and enjoy the ride!

22. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Congratulations! I waited about 30 years to buy mine, so I guess we're in that same boat.

It's amazing how different a spoiler-less GTB looks compared to the "standard" spoilered GTS. Now, not only do I want to paint my roof red, I'm considering taking off the spoiler......

23. Capone

Capone Karting

Mar 29, 2005
    Midwest
    You're gonna have a lot of fun man. You'll find your little quirks in the car and fix them yourself. That's what connects you to your car. You'll find it runs better after you polish it! (kinda like it appreciates it) Now go look in your garage one more time before you go to bed.

24. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    Well I am 32 years old.....So I guess its not too bad.

25. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    #25 Shark49, Sep 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yes,
    CONGRATULATIONS! I too am a new Ferrari owner. 6 Months now and every day as I go to work I purposely go through the garage so I can run my hands along her side and relish in the fact that I too can say "That's my Ferrari". Sitting at your desk waiting till you get home so you can go for a drive. You will find yourself standing there, looking at her, staring, touching, SMILING in disbelief. It hasn't gotten old yet and I hope it never does. It truly is an experience that many can't understand and few will be able to. Only with a Ferrari can you make an announcement such as this and get such a response from like-minded, and probably a little crazy comrades devoted to an automible so raw and beautiful and that brings such emotion as if it were a new child. Again, congratulations and many happy days with your new joy. Enjoy!
    Regards,
    Nathan