1999 456GTM | FerrariChat

1999 456GTM

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by [email protected], Sep 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vignale.Torino@cox.net

Jul 14, 2005
    Vienna, VA
    Full Name:
    Orazio Vignale
    Yesterday, I stopped by Ferrari of Washington to see the '99 456GTM that someone is trading in towards a Lamborghini - FoW is now a Lamborghini dealer - Lamborghini of Washington.

The car has 7.3K miles on it and the color is rosso barchetta. I went for a long drive thru very quiet roads and was very pleased with it but it needs major work: 5K service (belts, tune-up, etc.), new rims and tires, new shocks, the window issue, brakes (rotors, pads) and a few other things.

The dealer calculated the price to be less than $100K - probably $99K - with a six month warranty on the parts/labor that has been done. The salesman suggested I buy a Ferrari warranty for one year at a cost of $4,500.

Cheers,

2. Bince

Bince Karting

Jun 8, 2004
    Man that's quite a bit of work there...

when I got my 456M, i got the 1 year warranty as well... the warranty is worth the money for a 12 months worries free ownership.

3. winston

winston Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    foothills
    Full Name:
    don
    I have owned a 99 456mgt for three years. The 30,000 mile service with belts, rear shocks, and motor mounts was a hair under 10,000 dollars.You may have an additional 10,000 dollars in repairs. I think I would negotiate the price on the work.
    Winston

4. Vignale.Torino@cox.net

Jul 14, 2005
    Vienna, VA
    Full Name:
    Orazio Vignale
    It is possible to negotiate the price of the work to be done but I don't think it would be a substantial amount bearing in mind that the market value of a 1999 456GT with 7K miles is around $100K. There is a '99 with 9.8K miles at Ferrari of Atlanta listed for $103.5K.

5. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Don't waste your money.

6. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I took my 456m out for a ride during the weekend, what a great car, at high speed it was rock solid and just planted to the road more so than my 355B by far. it is a pleasure to cruise in and just a nice place to hang out in. The M interior is really an improvement over the non-M cars and definately worth the extra $$ IMO.

7. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    I don't understand. Is all that repairwork included in the price of $99K? If not, this is not a deal.

If you get 6 months of warrantee on the repair, why also get the $4500 warrantee for another 6 months? All the expensive issues are in the repair.

8. MitchB

MitchB Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    Laguna Beach, CA
    New RIMS? Why would it need new rims?

9. vlamgat

vlamgat Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    Also make sure they check the engine mountings and show you why their condition is OK or not as the case may be. If they have not collapsed, they are going to and most have been erplaced with 575 versions.