Is this the official UK ferrari chat forum? | FerrariChat

Is this the official UK ferrari chat forum?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by A-J-I, Sep 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A-J-I

A-J-I Rookie

May 17, 2005
    Cumbria
    Full Name:
    Aron
    As the title says really.... just wanting to know if this is the forum all the UK owners use for talking about their cars and meet-ups etc. ?
    Or is there a UK-based forum dedicated to Ferrari owners?
    Not saying this one is boring or anything, just curious as to why this one is tucked away in 'regional areas - international' / 'united kingdon'. Is this the United States main Ferrari forum with a little section for us UK people tagged on the back?

2. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    What do you mean by official? Government approved?

There are several Ferrari Chat sites, of which this is one. I would guess the closest thing to an official UK site would be the Ferrari Owners UK site, but the chat on their is pretty dead.

3. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    no we are a cloaking device for the FOC

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    This is an 'official' site in so far as everything on it has been written by Alastair Campbell or his minions and as such should not be believed

5. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    In a word - yes.

Just because it is part of a worldwide site, it is still the biggest UK Ferrari dedicated site by a loooong way.

6. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    The moderator on the FOC Chat site is like that knight guarding the Holy Grail at the end of Indiana Jones - The Final Crusade. He's been sat waiting 900 years for somebody to post something!

7. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    That's ironic, being that the FOC moderator's name is actually "Christian"! :D

8. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    :D

9. A-J-I

A-J-I Rookie

May 17, 2005
    Cumbria
    Full Name:
    Aron
    I kinda meant 'official' as in if you own a Ferrari in the UK then it's the 'done thing' (or common knowledge) to be on this site as opposed to any other.

Not intending to start any rival site wars going, just that I'm new to these forums and just wanted to get the 'low down'.

10. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I would not say that this is an official Ferrari site, but i would bet that it is the most friendly and knowledgable site of it's kind.

11. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    There are a lot of people hang around on here that own Ferraris in the UK but I think for every one owner that knows about FChat there are several more that do not. Apart from the FOC web site which has already been mentioned, the only other place I know of apart from the FChat UK section is pistonheads.com which has an Italian subsection. FChat carries by far the most traffic (and cr@p sometimes...).

There are a lot more people reading this site than contributing to it also - the so called 'lurkers' (nothing wrong with that).

12. tvrkris

tvrkris Rookie

Sep 4, 2005
    hi everyone at ferrari chat, i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to look for when purchasing a 308gt4, i have seen a couple but they have either needed to much work or are miles away, does millage really matter? i have seen one with 72,000 for arround £12500 it had engine gearbox rebuild at a cost of £9000 and also new interior atcost of £3000, also are there any decent garages in the leeds bradford area, where they don't rip you off just because you have a ferrari?... would be greatful of any help... cheers Kris(soon to be ferrari owner)

13. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Tvrkris,welcome it might be a better idea to start a new thread for this as you are going of topic also a good idea to use the search function.
    good luck.

14. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    They will do the miles if serviced properly and regularly.

I live out towards Goole and work in Manchester. The best place that I know about is R&D Automotive in Manchester. They love the cars, they prep race cars, and the machines they have on the ramps would make your jaw drop, from F40s to old 330s.

Leeds would be far easier for me, but I've found no-one to match the guys at R&D. Nick or Nigel are the guys to ask for on 0161 789 3555.

al