How many refugees have the damnyankee states taken on? | FerrariChat

How many refugees have the damnyankee states taken on?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by GrigioGuy, Sep 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Texas, OK and surrounding states are taking on many, many, many burdens with the influx of refugees out of LA. With all the talk after the last election about how much more caring, compassionate and successful the "blue" states are, can anyone tell me how many shelters and refugees are in those states?

2. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Massachusetts apparently has offered to take in 2,000 refugees. Putting them up on Cape Cod no less.

John

3. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Texas has taken 250,000 so far.

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    As with the tax policy - where wealthy liberal politicians, lobbyists and businessmen use the same tax mitigation strategies as wealthy conservatives, and are thus unaffected by their own new proposals - they will gladly encourage the selflessness of other states.

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    On the radio this a.m., they were interviewing refugees at the Astrodome who were refusing to leave to go to a cruise ship which would take them back to N.O. One man's comment said it all, "I don't want to go back to New Orleans. We getting treated a lot better here in Texas than back there."

Dale

6. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Heard on the news yesterday that a bunch got off a plane when they were told it's destination, Utah. What a slap in the face. Yes Massachusetts is taking 2,500. They might not like our colder weather but our very Liberal welfare policy should make up for that

7. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I'm guessing the great state of Texas has about 85,000 new permanent residents. Get ready for an income tax boys and girls.

8. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    MN is taking about 5000 from what I heard although the number seems bigger then I would have guessed. I guess we are considered Yankees right Tillman? Haven't heard the term yankee used for quite a while. Let me know if you need some History books to catch up on. :)

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    They will be the best cared-for refugees around. The LDS Church has welfare facilities and disaster support that is comparable only to the world's largest charity and relief organizations.

10. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Yeah, but where would they go for a drink?

11. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I'm more worried about the idle time.

I ventured to volunteer for IT services this weekend but they were well taken care of. The sight... is quite a sobering event. It left me quite speechless. Pictures? Nah, you can see pictures all over the news, or television. They'll never give you a real sense of what it really looks like, a handful of yards away from you.

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Not a yankee state, but it was a Free State. My hometown of Salina, KS with population of only 45k is taking in 500. Salina will spoil everyone rotten and I doubt they'll want to leave either.