Windshield wipers for a 246GT/GTS? | FerrariChat

Windshield wipers for a 246GT/GTS?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by dinogts, Sep 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

The windshield wipers on my 1973 246GTS park to the passenger (right) side. The passenger side wiper appears to be about 1" to 1.5" too long and sticks out beyond the windshield in the parked position. I need to know how long each wiper blade/blade holder should be and would appreciate it if some of you with Dinos about the age of my car could measure the blades/blade holders and arm lengths for both the driver's side and the passenger's side, and post the measurements here. I am not exactly sure how to properly measure the lengths because of the bend of the blades -- perhaps a tape measure rather than a straight edge? If you post, please state how you measured.

It is also possible that the blades were switched on my car from the driver's to passenger's side, and I will check that again too.

Also, suggestions on who might have the correct blades/blade holders in stock? (I will check with Dennis McCann and Rutlands too, but I thought maybe someone on FChat might know for sure).

Thank you -
    Mark

2. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I just measured both the passenger and driver's side blades/blade holders and they are both 18" long, and the holders are stamped "Armanac." Are they correct? Any suggestions?

Mark

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Metal is 18", rubber is 17 1/2". Hangs slightly over the edge of the windshield.

You can loosen the nut and rotate the wiper clockwise slightly and it will hang out less. Doesn't get the bottom inch of the windshield, but all you can see is the fender through that inch anyway.

Can post pics if you want.

Dave

4. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    Just looked at mine. 18" is metal part of blade. I just park pasenger side high enough so blade hangs over trim 1/4". Rubber never touches trim so still wipes well. Take a look at my "Dino Saga 050807" post on the Technical thread for my fix for wipers.

John